The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Horizon & Perspective On Flat Earth

Globe earth is a misrepresentation of perspective.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Funny, you'd think that the image would show the sun (the little white dot at the top of the image) to decrease in size like the other items do, but it doesn't.

Amazing that you understand that. It's an illustration and I agree with your correction.

The sun would be subject to magnification at times as already pointed out.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a completely wrong diagram of what a vanishing point it.

In the world of perspective a vanishing point is exactly what it says it is. A vanishing point. Items become so small in the distance that they "vanish". However, while an item that is parallel to another item might appear to "vanish" it would never cross over the other item. Train tracks might appear to converge but they will never cross each other. Just as the sun cannot cross the horizon line if it's circling parallel to the flat earth surface.

Your diagram is incorrect. Whoever made it has zero knowledge of perspective.

The reason the sun crosses the horizon line is because the earth is a sphere and it is spinning. As it spins the curvature of the earth covers the sun from our point of view. But people to the west of me still can see the sun (at least until it set s for them).

Dave watch this time lapse and be honest with yourself.

Do you honestly believe the sun is disappearing due to the fact it's getting too far away?? And if so... why doesn't the sun "vanish" all at once?? Who does it vanish as if it's goin under the horizon line?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Funny how you think you know what I want and don't want.

Actually it's more a matter of when.

Yes, Mind, I want a number. Can you provide one?

You and a friend go out to the salt flats.

Have your friend get in an automobile.

Check the odometer.

Call him or her on your cell phone.

Have them drive to the point you no longer see them and stop.

Ask them what the odometer says.

Subtract the starting point miles from the new reading and you will have your answer.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Actually it's more a matter of when.

You and a friend go out to the salt flats.

Have your friend get in an automobile.

Check the odometer.

Call him or her on your cell phone.

Have them drive to the point you no longer see them and stop.

Ask them what the odometer says.

Subtract the starting point miles from the new reading and you will have your answer.
So, about 3 miles, at sea level, then, right?

So, then If the sun is 1000 times farther away than that, and the stars even farther, how come we can see them? If the farthest our eyes can see is only 3 miles, how do we see objects that are much, much farther away?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So, about 3 miles, at sea level, then, right?

So, then If the sun is 1000 times farther away than that, and the stars even farther, how come we can see them? If the farthest our eyes can see is only 3 miles, how do we see objects that are much, much farther away?

Are you now asking what is the farthest you can see?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a completely wrong diagram of what a vanishing point it.

In the world of perspective a vanishing point is exactly what it says it is. A vanishing point. Items become so small in the distance that they "vanish". However, while an item that is parallel to another item might appear to "vanish" it would never cross over the other item. Train tracks might appear to converge but they will never cross each other. Just as the sun cannot cross the horizon line if it's circling parallel to the flat earth surface.

Your diagram is incorrect. Whoever made it has zero knowledge of perspective.

The reason the sun crosses the horizon line is because the earth is a sphere and it is spinning. As it spins the curvature of the earth covers the sun from our point of view. But people to the west of me still can see the sun (at least until it set s for them).

Dave watch this time lapse and be honest with yourself.

Do you honestly believe the sun is disappearing due to the fact it's getting too far away?? And if so... why doesn't the sun "vanish" all at once?? Who does it vanish as if it's goin under the horizon line?

Just watch one of the video on perspective that I posted or continue to hide your head in the sand of heliocentrism.

I know with absolute certainty that I look straight ahead at the horizon which is only possible on a plane.

I know with absolute certainty that all ships and landscapes, that are supposed to be over the curve, are perpendicular to the horizon which is only possible on a flat plane.

I know with absolute certainty that the ground will hide what moves beyond the horizon line.

These are absolute truths. I watched your video and it has perspective written all over it.

--Dave

Stuu

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Christianity. There is no rational defense of any kind that would support what you've described above. If you believe that what you've described above has anything to do with Christianity, you've been lied to or are yourself a liar.

You know, I don't think I'll ever understand people like you. Why bother rejecting a religion or other worldview based on what it doesn't teach? I mean, if you're going to reject it why not reject the real thing rather than some version of it that sounds bad enough to make you feel good about having rejected it? Turning something into a monster that bears no resemblance to the real thing in order to justify it's rejection says far more about you than it does anything about what you've rejected. What's the point of such mental back bending? I truly don't get it. I mean, its just so much stupidity. You might as well refuse to drive Dodge trucks because the manufacturer holds two year old babies against their will so as to farm blood from their vanes to use as lubricant in their factories. It isn't at all true but if you're going to just make stuff up so you can reject it then why not just go hog wild?!

Clete
I didn't realise you reject the Judeo-christian scripture. I can give you the verses if you need to be reminded of what it says.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.