The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Scripture says GOD made both.
Genesis 1 states GOD created heaven and earth.
And there was darkness.
Light was not created until after there was darkness.
There was created darkness before there was created light.

And if light expels all darkness, then how can GOD (who is light) dwell in darkness?

And, not to get too far off thread topic ...... but there may be different types of darkness (just as there are different types of light - ie. not all light is visible).

Exodus 10:21 KJV
(21) And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

This seems to be more than just a visual sensory.

:think:

Acts 17:27

“That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:”

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 John 1:5 KJV - This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Revelation 21:22-27 KJV - And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
1 John 1:5 KJV - [FONT=&]This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

[/FONT]
Revelation 21:22-27 KJV - [FONT=&][/FONT] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Slain from the foundation.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I watched this video and I am wondering why the presenter made such a big deal about perspective but completely ignored the effect that perspective would have on the size of the sun as it approaches the vanishing point. Perspective says the sun gets smaller. But everytime I watch the sun set, through appropriate safety glass, the sun never gets smaller. Why doesn't the sun obey the "laws" of perspective?

P Brain does show the sun changing size as it moves across the sky.

TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH

Did you see it?

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Did you see it?

--Dave
I watched the video but it is wrong. I have checked the size of the sun at sun rise, midday and sunset. Using the appropriate safety glass so I could look safely at the sun, I marked the size of the sun at the three times and it is the same size! Which is really interesting considering that the sun looks bigger in the morning and evening than at mid day. I have seen this with my own eyes. Why is your video wrong about the size of the sun? Why doesn't the sun obey the laws of perspective?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Flat earth - Southern stars rotation explained
Anti Crepuscular Sun Rays are key to Southern Star Rotation Flat Earth perspective.

Perspective and distance of low and small sun and stars explains what we see across the flat earth. Without a proper model of perspective and distance on the flat earth the globe model does indeed debunk the flat earth model but not with a proper model of flat earth.

I will continue to explore both models further. This video is one that explains flat earth model the best that I have seen so far. Perhaps it's flawed but it is one that can be used to compare globe model with for my unbiased purposes.

:salute: --Dave

You see, Dave, here's the thing. I just do not believe you. You cannot be this stupid! You just flat out cannot be this stupid!

What the hell are you actually doing here? Do you have some sort of dementia? Did you fall down and hit your head or have some sort of car accident?

That video isn't even sort of slightly convincing! Its literal STUPIDITY David! I think you know that its stupidity and that you are here intentionally lying about this "I will continue to explore both models" crap. There's no comparison between the two models! The flat-earth nonsense is so mind warpingly stupid that it doesn't even qualify as a model! Why are you doing this?

I'll tell you this for sure. If I had seen this flat earth insanity from you first, I'd have never - never - given anything you say about ANYTHING a second thought. Not one single thing. You're either stupid or you're lying. Which is it? Either way, you've disgraced yourself with this nonsense. You're an embarrassment to not just Open Theism but to the whole of Christianity, to America, to your neighborhood and to anything else to stand for or believe. An embarrassment, David. You've be-clowned yourself and ought to be ashamed.

Clete

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Did you see it?

--Dave

Again, there is just no possible way that you are this stupid. You can prove this wrong in one single day - one day, David!

Let me guess, you're too busy to go outside the two or three times for five minutes each that it would take for anyone with an IQ above 79 to prove this mindlessness to be false.

I want to know what you're really doing. I simply don't believe a word of this and I'm not playing the game any longer.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I watched the video but it is wrong. I have checked the size of the sun at sun rise, midday and sunset. Using the appropriate safety glass so I could look safely at the sun, I marked the size of the sun at the three times and it is the same size! Which is really interesting considering that the sun looks bigger in the morning and evening than at mid day. I have seen this with my own eyes. Why is your video wrong about the size of the sun? Why doesn't the sun obey the laws of perspective?

Interestingly, it is because your brain is so used to dealing with perspective (the real sort of perspective, not this fantasy land crap the flat-earthers are talking about) that causes the Sun and Moon to seem bigger when close to the horizon when they actually are just exactly the same size. When the Sun or Moon is close to the horizon, your brain interprets the object as being approximately the same distance away as whatever is on the horizon. When they are high in the sky they seem further away, even though they aren't. Your brain compensates for the perceived difference in distance by making the lower Sun or Moon seem larger because closer things are supposed to look larger.

The effect goes away if all you do is take a photograph of the Sun or Moon. The Moon is the easier one to deal with since it hurts to look at the Sun and since the Sun and Moon are pretty much exactly the same size in the sky then it'll do nicely as a stand in for the Sun in this regard. If you go out and take a picture of the Moon you'll discover that it is actually quite a bit smaller in the sky than it seems, whether its on the horizon or not. An unmagnified photograph of the Moon (i.e. a photo taken with a lens in the 35-50mm range) can hardly be recognized as being a photo of the Moon at all. It's a tiny little bright spot in your otherwise dark photo.

Here's the best example i could find of the Moon photographed with a 50mm lens. A 50mm lens gives a slightly smaller field of view as the human eye and the photo has probably been cropped slightly and, as a result, has been slightly magnified and even still its a pretty tiny thing in the sky.

Click on the image to see full sized version...
View attachment 26289

In short, your eyes aren't cameras. The fact that they are hooked to your brain means that the image isn't about simply reporting/recording the data.

Clete

P.S. That photo was found at the following site....

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/céu,degradê

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Interestingly, it is because your brain is so used to dealing with perspective (the real sort of perspective, not this fantasy land crap the flat-earthers are talking about) that causes the Sun and Moon to seem bigger when close to the horizon when they actually are just exactly the same size. When the Sun or Moon is close to the horizon, your brain interprets the object as being approximately the same distance away as whatever is on the horizon. When they are high in the sky they seem further away, even though they aren't. Your brain compensates for the perceived difference in distance by making the lower Sun or Moon seem larger because closer things are supposed to look larger.

The effect goes away if all you do is take a photograph of the Sun or Moon. The Moon is the easier one to deal with since it hurts to look at the Sun and since the Sun and Moon are pretty much exactly the same size in the sky then it'll do nicely as a stand in for the Sun in this regard. If you go out and take a picture of the Moon you'll discover that it is actually quite a bit smaller in the sky than it seems, whether its on the horizon or not. An unmagnified photograph of the Moon (i.e. a photo taken with a lens in the 35-50mm range) can hardly be recognized as being a photo of the Moon at all. It's a tiny little bright spot in your otherwise dark photo.

Here's the best example i could find of the Moon photographed with a 50mm lens. A 50mm lens gives a slightly smaller field of view as the human eye and the photo has probably been cropped slightly and, as a result, has been slightly magnified and even still its a pretty tiny thing in the sky.

Click on the image to see full sized version...
View attachment 26289

In short, your eyes aren't cameras. The fact that they are hooked to your brain means that the image isn't about simply reporting/recording the data.

Clete
Your attachment is broken, just so you know.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You see, Dave, here's the thing. I just do not believe you. You cannot be this stupid! You just flat out cannot be this stupid!

What the hell are you actually doing here? Do you have some sort of dementia? Did you fall down and hit your head or have some sort of car accident?

That video isn't even sort of slightly convincing! Its literal STUPIDITY David! I think you know that its stupidity and that you are here intentionally lying about this "I will continue to explore both models" crap. There's no comparison between the two models! The flat-earth nonsense is so mind warpingly stupid that it doesn't even qualify as a model! Why are you doing this?

I'll tell you this for sure. If I had seen this flat earth insanity from you first, I'd have never - never - given anything you say about ANYTHING a second thought. Not one single thing. You're either stupid or you're lying. Which is it? Either way, you've disgraced yourself with this nonsense. You're an embarrassment to not just Open Theism but to the whole of Christianity, to America, to your neighborhood and to anything else to stand for or believe. An embarrassment, David. You've be-clowned yourself and ought to be ashamed.

Clete
:rotfl: Pot. Kettle. The same can be said of the 57 theories people buy into just to make the globe and the big bang work. I asked someone to please count each and every theory that is REQUIRED to help the globe model and the big bang work and the resulting theories that stem from the one big bang/globe delusion. When I see folks so upset and continue to engage on any issue it's because they are thinking about it a bit, and either looking for confirmation of previous beliefs or they think it's remotely possible that they're wrong.

I tried finding a list of cosmology and space/time related theories with no luck, I know it's not 57 but there' gotta be a dozen or so at least. No proof, only theories, just like an enclosed flat earth and cosmos. I know you hesitate to watch any videos we post but there's a purely scientific documentary called "The Principle" and nobody mentions flat earth. The takeaway I got was that Lawrence Krauss and Machio KooKoo are like to bad used car salesmen mixed with a lying media commentator. Most of us can see right through the word choices that convince idiots but look like a contrived sales pitch full of untruths.and white lies.

The geocentric leaning scientists are clearly being honest and telling the truth. Nobody in their field wants to research or even talk about it, and NOBODY is dumb enough to suggest flat earth if they want to keep their careers, yet they will talk about the immovable stationary earth as the CENTER of the "vast universe". The Principle - I post a link in this and my threads to watch for free but it's not on youtube. It has to be borrowed, rented, or bought or downloaded.

daqq

Clete

Your attachment is broken, just so you know.

Ad hominem attacks don't help your case, Daqq, nor does making straw men.

:rotfl:

So your advice to me does not apply to your pal Clete after all that ad-hominem of his own you just thanked him for posting? You have both "be-clowned" yourselves modern day Pharisees and hypocrites, thinking yourselves to be doing God a service, while making Him look worse than most flat-earthers do by your own vicious words and patting each other on the back for doing what you do. What a cruel joke someone has played on the both of you. If this is the kind of garbage you and Clete were posting in the other thread no wonder Dave started another.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, there is just no possible way that you are this stupid. You can prove this wrong in one single day - one day, David!

Let me guess, you're too busy to go outside the two or three times for five minutes each that it would take for anyone with an IQ above 79 to prove this mindlessness to be false.

I want to know what you're really doing. I simply don't believe a word of this and I'm not playing the game any longer.

Clete

After I move, when it warms ups here, and when I will only work part time if at all, I will do outdoor experiments. All by the end of April.

The goal here is to compare both globe and flat earth models if you like it or not. The truth will prevail, have a little faith and chill your complaints.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl:

So your advice to me does not apply to your pal Clete after all that ad-hominem of his own you just thanked him for posting? You have both "be-clowned" yourselves modern day Pharisees and hypocrites, thinking yourselves to be doing God a service, while making Him look worse than most flat-earthers do by your own vicious words and patting each other on the back for doing what you do. What a cruel joke someone has played on the both of you. If this is the kind of garbage you and Clete were posting in the other thread no wonder Dave started another.

Clete certainly seems to distain any opposing positions he does not agree with regardless of the subject. He displays the emotion of a teenager when we don't just surrender to his arguments.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The timelapse video shows there is a size difference. You are welcome to your own opinion, I will not dispute it.

--Dave

Stuu

Here's an interesting image:

02a.jpg

This shows the tracked motion of cricket balls captured at a cricket ground in a former British Empire country in the Southern hemisphere. The motion is parabolic, and for each track there is approximately constant speed of the ball in the horizontal direction and vertical acceleration in the direction exactly perpendicular to the ground. Anyone at the ground watching live can see for themselves that this is exactly how a cricket ball behaves when hit in the air.

But, since the earth is supposedly flat, why is the acceleration exactly vertical, indicating that the centre of gravity of the earth is exactly downwards, and not away to the North?

Stuart

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
The timelapse video shows there is a size difference. You are welcome to your own opinion, I will not dispute it.

--Dave
Why is my eyewitness testimony not enough for you? You claim your eyewitness accounts are sufficient for proving the Earth is flat but why is my eyewitness account ignored? Do you a double standard you use when listening to eyewitness accounts of others?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
:rotfl: Pot. Kettle. The same can be said of the 57 theories people buy into just to make the globe and the big bang work.
Not quite. I agree that the Big Bang Theory is ridiculous but there is at least some modicum of reason that can be found to support it.

In other words, it is not unreasonable, when you have good reason to think that the universe is expanding, to run the clock backward and suppose that it all started from one thing at one place and one time.
The BBT has strayed far from just that but that was the nascent idea.

I asked someone to please count each and every theory that is REQUIRED to help the globe model and the big bang work and the resulting theories that stem from the one big bang/globe delusion. When I see folks so upset and continue to engage on any issue it's because they are thinking about it a bit, and either looking for confirmation of previous beliefs or they think it's remotely possible that they're wrong.....

Didn't read a word past that.

So my objections are evidence of my acceptance of your stupidity. Got it.

Good bye.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not quite. I agree that the Big Bang Theory is ridiculous but there is at least some modicum of reason that can be found to support it.

In other words, it is not unreasonable, when you have good reason to think that the universe is expanding, to run the clock backward and suppose that it all started from one thing at one place and one time.
The BBT has strayed far from just that but that was the nascent idea.

Didn't read a word past that.

So my objections are evidence of my acceptance of your stupidity. Got it.

Good bye.
I hope it's goodbye. Silly me, it's not possible that you're wrong, don't know what I was thinking. :wave2:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
After I move, when it warms ups here, and when I will only work part time if at all, I will do outdoor experiments. All by the end of April.
Bull!

I don't believe you.

Take a camera out and take one photo every 4 hours. It'll take you a total of ten minutes if you DON'T know how to use your camera.

The goal here is to compare both globe and flat earth models if you like it or not. The truth will prevail, have a little faith and chill your complaints.

--Dave
You're lying. No one with a working autonomic system is this stupid.

I haven't the faintest idea what your motive for this charade is but I'm not buying it for one more second. There is nothing to compare. You might as well be comparing the effectiveness and efficiency of Amazon.com with the idea that Santa Claus delivers gift once a year via flying reindeer and down your chimney.

No one is this stupid. You're a liar.

Good bye David. I'm wasting no more time with liars.

Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.