The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How far would you say it is from the edge of the ice wall to the magnetic south pole, from each direction of approach?

Stuart
We don't know and neither does nasa or you. There could be thousands of miles of land and ice beyond the ice wall all the way around. I think the designated "official" south pole is moving slightly each year anyway.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How far would you say it is from the edge of the ice wall to the magnetic south pole, from each direction of approach?

Stuart

Mapping and distance is certainly an important part of the flat earth vs globe earth debate. I will go into more comparisons from each type of map.

NASA's visual presentations of space is also important. Do you have anything more to say about those earth from space pics that are inconsistent?

Go here: Images for Earth from space from NASA

--Dave

daqq

I'm just going to address one point at a time.

By the video you could not know, that the friend you encouraged me to find actually lives in Chile.

Make no mistake, I fully understand what nasa says those folks should be seeing.

Chippy is telling you what he sees living there.

It's not what nasa tells you they see.

I'm looking next into your assertion that the flat map is actually a 2D ball.

Did you ask Chippy if the path of the sun overhead is in the northern sky where he lives? Did you ask Chippy if he understands that people in the northern hemisphere see the sun passing overhead in the southern sky instead of the northern sky like he sees every day? Most people do not even think about it and simply take it for granted because it is something that happens every day wherever they live. What I mean is that one would not typically think to ask themselves what another person in the opposite hemisphere would be seeing at the same time.

I grew up in Los Angeles and have been as far south as San Diego. I have also lived in Daytona Beach Florida and have been as far south as Miami Beach. I am now at about 48 degrees north latitude, there is still snow on the ground, and I now see the sun passing much further to the south on a daily basis: I know NASA is not lying about the sun paths in the places where I have lived, and neither is the link which I provided for the sun path graphics in Portland Oregon and Buenos Aires lying about the places where I myself have lived, (again, you can check nearly every city in the world, including your own or one very near to where you yourself live and-or have lived in the past).

As for the flat earth map my point has already been presented in the following post with the link wherein this blogger even discusses the patent for the most famous flat earth map of all, (the Gleason map), which many flat-earthers are using in their memes and videos:

This blogger discusses flight paths, (a little bit), in association with maps and at the same time also proves the same thing I have been saying herein: that the flat-earthers are for the most part unknowingly and unwittingly using a 2D azimuthal globe earth map to supposedly prove their theories. :rotfl:

australia-width-fe.jpg

http://flatearthdeception.com/maps-prove-the-flat-earth-deception/

QUOTE:]Flat earthers cite the Gleason’s New Standard Map Of The World as a flat earth map.
Alex Gleason wrote a book called “Is The Bible From Heaven – Is The Earth A Globe?’, in which he explains his flat earth theory. He applied for a patent for his map projection, which describes the map’s use as a time calculator for students. Here is what the patent image looks like, which has two hands on it, which spin around the north pole.

GleasonDwg.jpg

But the most important passage from his patent description is this:
“The map is not so extorted (distorted) as to lose the relative latitude and longitude of any places on the land or sea, but retains all latitudes and longitudes of places agreeing with other recognized authors; and as the proper relations of continents and countries all stand in their relative position to each other, they are thus impressed upon the mind of the student.”

Note: the words extorted and extorsion obviously mean distorted and distortion, as that makes sense when speaking about latitude and longitude on a projection map.

Alex Gleason is saying that the map projection has distortions; because is was derived from some other shape. That is what a north-polar azimuthal projection is, a projection of the 3D globe onto a 2D graphic.

The extorsion (distortion) of the map from that of a globe consists, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich, the equator to the two poles.”

Alex Gleason proclaimed that it is a projection of a globe, which maintains the integrity of the meridian lines.
And note his phrasing “the equator to the two poles.”
A flat Earth does not have two poles.[END QUOTE.
http://flatearthdeception.com/maps-prove-the-flat-earth-deception/

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Did you ask Chippy if the path of the sun overhead is in the northern sky where he lives? Did you ask Chippy if he understands that people in the northern hemisphere see the sun passing overhead in the southern sky instead of the northern sky like he sees every day? Most people do not even think about it and simply take it for granted because it is something that happens every day wherever they live. What I mean is that one would not typically think to ask themselves what another person in the opposite hemisphere would be seeing at the same time. I grew up in Los Angeles and have been as far south as San Diego. I have also lived in Daytona Beach Florida and have been as far south as Miami Beach. I am now at about 48 degrees north latitude, there is still snow on the ground, and I now see the sun passing much further to the south on a daily basis: I know NASA is not lying about the sun paths in the places where I have lived, and neither is the link which I provided for the sun path graphics in Portland Oregon and Buenos lying about the places where I myself have lived, (again, you can check nearly every city in the world, including your own or one very near to where you yourself live and-or have lived in the past).

C'mon daqq, use your head.

If Chippy who lives right next door to Buenos Ares was watching the sun arc backward in the northern sky, why would he move the tropic of Capricorn to the south of his position?

Keep in mind he is ever trying to formulate an accurate flat earth map.

As far as that gaisma site using nasa imagery you posted, I went there.

When I clicked on how to read the graph of Buenos Ares it started talking about Finland.

So even though they posted an image of what they suppose the sun does, they did not outright lie.

They left it up in the air as to where you would actually see the sun.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]Lady Blount's 19th Century Flat Earth Poetry[/h]From Video Description : Around the turn of the 19th century there was a scientific revolution happening regarding the shape of the Earth, thanks to the work of people like Samuel Rowbotham, William Carpenter, Albert Smith, Thomas Winship, David Wardlaw Scott, and President of the Universal Zetetic Society Lady Elizabeth Blount. The following is a video compilation of Lady Blount's eloquent poetry exposing the truth about our motionless plane Earth. For books and audiobooks from these old authors, please visit: http://www.ericdubay.com/?cat=60
10 minutes

daqq

C'mon daqq, use your head.

If Chippy who lives right next door to Buenos Ares was watching the sun arc backward in the northern sky, why would he move the tropic of Capricorn to the south of his position?

Keep in mind he is ever trying to formulate an accurate flat earth map.

As far as that gaius nasa site you posted, I went there.

When I clicked on how to read the graph of Buenos Ares it started talking about Finland.

So even though they posted an image of what they suppose the sun does, they did not outright lie.

They left it up in the air as to where you would actually see the sun.

Why should I believe you when I can go right back to that link and find the graphic with ease:

I was just getting ready to add this to my previous post and now am glad I did not. You can go to this site and check just about any city in the world, (whatever is on their list of course). I just chose these two off the top of my head. The following diagrams show the sun paths as viewed from the two respective cities, Buenos Aries, Argentina, which is fairly deep in the southern hemisphere, and Portland Oregon, US. It doesn't really matter so long as you understand and can see how the sun path in the northern hemisphere traverses an arc across the southern sky, while at the same time, (today), the sun path in the southern hemisphere traverses an arc across the northern sky: and both of these are of course as viewed from the earth in these two locations. The green lines are the path of the sun at the June Solstice. The blue lines are the path of the sun at the December Solstice. The orange lines are the path of the sun today:

EDIT: Since these image files are time-sensitive, and the ones for 3-10-2018 have already disappeared into the internet-ethernet: I have taken those for tomorrow, (3-11-2018), and placed them on another hosting site so that they will remain permanently.

Portland, Oregon, US - Sun Path (orange line: today)
portland-oregon-3-11-2018.png

https://www.gaisma.com/en/location/portland-oregon.html

Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sun Path, (orange line: today)
buenos-aires-3-11-2018.png

https://www.gaisma.com/en/location/buenos-aires.html

Two entirely differing views of the sun crossing the sky, today, from one city in the northern hemisphere and another city in the southern hemisphere. This cannot be explained on a flat earth map. It is just as I showed you here:

azimuthal-equidistant-projection-map2a.png

If you are in the northern hemisphere today, (like Portland Oregon, in the first image file), you will see the sun crossing the sky in a similar path to how it is shown on the typical flat earth map. But if you were in the southern hemisphere today, (like Buenos Aries, in the second image file), you would see the sun crossing the sky in the opposite direction, in the northern sky, and the arc which it follows from east to west is the reverse of what you would see from the northern hemisphere: you would see the sun crossing the sky in the pattern as shown in the bottom red half-circle which I have drawn on this flat earth map above, (which is really an azimuthal globe earth map). Thus, if we are on a globe, then everything is fine because the tropics are actually parallel lines and equal circles with an equal circumference placed on a rotating sphere. However, if we are on a flat earth, then apparently we have at least two suns moving in opposing arcs across the sky and do not even know it, (not to even mention the other straight-line arc, overhead perspective, from places in equatorial regions). In other words the earth cannot be flat even with these very simple physical observations, from the ground, comparing the apparent paths of the sun traversing across the sky.

Therein is the map for 3/11/2018 which I copied and posted on another hosting site so that it would remain permanent just as I said in the edit in blue. Here is the same link with the current path of the sun projected for tomorrow because today the sun has already set, (as I stated, the images are time sensitive because they are daily images). Please note the date on the bottom of the image is for tomorrow, 3/12/2018.

buenos-aires.png

All I did was click on the same link and this image was there.
Why you cannot do the same is beyond me.

PS ~ So that I do not end up being accused of lying in a couple of days: the above image will disappear by this time tomorrow and another image will be found because the images are date sensitive. The next image will of course have a time stamp for the 13th, then the next daily image will be for the 14th, and so on and so on.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH - HD perspective matrix[/h]From Video Description : This is an upgraded version of the original with added timelapse footage. The old, low resolution footage has been replaced with high resolution HD footage. Watch how the sun comes at you when it's rising and goes away from you when it's setting. See how the sun's light at sunset shrinks and trails after it - not at all what we would expect to see if the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

20 minutes - Priceless

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Why should I believe you when I can go right back to that link and find the graphic with ease:

Therein is the map for 3/11/2018 which I copied and posted on another hosting site so that it would remain permanent just as I said in the edit in blue. Here is the same link with the current path of the sun projected for tomorrow because today the sun has already set, (as I stated, the images are time sensitive because they are daily images). Please note the date on the bottom of the image is for tomorrow, 3/12/2018.

buenos-aires.png

Earth to daqq.

Click on how to read the graph.

Months (notation can be changed in preferences)
Time (24-hour clock, e.g. 7 = 7:00 am, 12 = 12:00 noon, 17 = 5:00 pm)
"Today"
Darkness
Dawn
Sunshine
Dusk
Possible Daylight Saving Time starts/ends
E.g. on the marked day (3) in Tampere, Finland dawn begins at 04:43, the sun rises at 05:37 and sets at 21:20. Dusk ends and the darkness begins at 22:14.

Why are they talking about Finland while explaining how to read a graph of Buenos aires?

daqq

Earth to daqq.

"Today"
Darkness
Dawn
Sunshine
Dusk
E.g. on the marked day (3) in Tampere, Finland dawn begins at 04:43, the sun rises at 05:37 and sets at 21:20. Dusk ends and the darkness begins at 22:14.

Why are they talking about Finland while explaining how to read a graph of Buenos aires?

You went to a different link within that link.

E.g. vs. I.e.–What’s the Difference?
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/know-your-latin-i-e-vs-e-g/

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH - HD perspective matrix

From Video Description : This is an upgraded version of the original with added timelapse footage. The old, low resolution footage has been replaced with high resolution HD footage. Watch how the sun comes at you when it's rising and goes away from you when it's setting. See how the sun's light at sunset shrinks and trails after it - not at all what we would expect to see if the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

20 minutes - Priceless
@DFT_Dave and @1Mind1Spirit - Have you guys had time to watch this video? I wonder if all the globers have. You don't have quoute this post, just tell me in a Visitor Message or something.

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit
Earth to daqq.

"Today"
Darkness
Dawn
Sunshine
Dusk

You went to a different link within that link.

E.g. vs. I.e.–What’s the Difference?
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/know-your-latin-i-e-vs-e-g/

Understand 1-M-1-S? You are incorrect by assuming that they are only telling you how to read the graph from Buenos Aires in the secondary link which you went to. In the secondary link they are in fact telling you how to read the sun path graph for any city you might be looking at on their website: and they are simply using Tampere Finland as an example, ("E.g.").

Stuu

We don't know and neither does nasa or you. There could be thousands of miles of land and ice beyond the ice wall all the way around. I think the designated "official" south pole is moving slightly each year anyway.
So you claim not to know, but of course NASA claims to know. So perhaps you should be acknowledging NASA's claim and addressing that. There must be a point 'on the other side' where the magnetic field lines converge. Have you speculated what lives on the other side? Is it trolls, or do they live on this side, in your opinion?

Stuart

Stuu

Mapping and distance is certainly an important part of the flat earth vs globe earth debate. I will go into more comparisons from each type of map.

NASA's visual presentations of space is also important. Do you have anything more to say about those earth from space pics that are inconsistent?

Go here: Images for Earth from space from NASA

--Dave
I admire your optimism in claiming there is a 'debate'.

Stuart

daqq

Okay.

Place Buenos ares in the center of the diagram.

The sun is traveling clockwise in an arc south of it.

How would anyone see it traveling in a counter clockwise fashion in the North?

No, the sun is not traveling in an arc south of Buenos Aires.
The sun path across the sky is in the northern sky for Buenos Aires.
Here it is again, and north and south are clearly labeled "N" and "S" on the graph:

buenos-aires.png

PS ~ So that I do not end up being accused of lying in a couple of days: the above image will disappear by this time tomorrow and another image will be found because the images are date sensitive. The next image will of course have a time stamp for the 13th, then the next daily image will be for the 14th, and so on and so on.

You are in denial: denying empirical evidence.

More here:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you claim not to know, but of course NASA claims to know. So perhaps you should be acknowledging NASA's claim and addressing that. There must be a point 'on the other side' where the magnetic field lines converge. Have you speculated what lives on the other side? Is it trolls, or do they live on this side, in your opinion?

Stuart
Thanks for conjuring "living things" and "trolls" in Antarctica, which nobody here has even hinted at. Makes me wonder what else your vain imaginings have cooked up. And if you don't know by now that your beloved nasa facts and the whole moon landings charade is ALL Fake, then you'll stay stuck in your imagination of things never asserted.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, the sun is not traveling in an arc south of Buenos Aires.
The sun path across the sky is in the northern sky for Buenos Aires.
Here it is again, and north and south are clearly labeled "N" and "S" on the graph:

You are in denial: denying empirical evidence.

Nah, I'll take the fellas word who lives there, as you suggested, over a graph imagined by those supposing what it would look like if the earth were a ball.

daqq

Nah, I'll take the fellas word who lives there, as you suggested, over a graph imagined by those supposing what it would look like if the earth were a ball.

If you actually know him and take his word for it then why did you not answer my questions to you concerning those things? Again, did you actually ask Chippy whether the sun path where he lives occurs in the northern sky or the southern sky from his vantage point? Everyone else but Chippy the chipmunk says that the sun crosses the sky in the northern portions of the sky in that area of the southern hemisphere. But Chippy makes no such claim in the video you posted, as far as I know, unless you would like to provide the minute mark where he makes such a claim? I suspect that Chippy the happy chipmunk never even thought about such a thing because it has never even occurred to him that people in the northern hemisphere do not see the same path of the sun which Chippy the chipmunk sees in his daily routine, (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.