The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But the cost of fuel is so high these days, I'd say there's no way the horizon could be at eye level.

Here are some nice photographs:

The horizon from a miltary aircraft, the SR-71 Blackbird, at 83,000 feet (28,000 metres in the former British Empire). The earth curves down at the edges:

Here's someone's nice picture out an aircraft window. Put a straight edge against the horizon, and the earth definitely curves up at the edges:

So, whether it's up or down, I just can't see how you saw it flat.

Stuart

Is that you in the cockpit of the Blackbird?

Your second picture shows a flat horizon.

There are four ways you can see a photo of a curved earth.

1. The fish eye lens on a GoPro camera

2. A wide angle lens

3. A picture through a curved window like on a jet.

4. Photoshop

View attachment 26258

This is what you see in reality.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Psalm 74:12-17 KJV -
12 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

15 Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers.

16 The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun.

17 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter.

Stuu

Easily explained in flat earth if you do a little leg work yourself for a change. You'll get tired of not having the answers to your simple questions soon enough. You know it's possible and that all things were created by Jesus Christ, otherwise this wouldn't be your new favorite thread.
I'd add a little abseiling to the leg work, as you hang over the ice wall edge to get the shot. I assume that means you get shot yourself afterwards by the guards because you have discovered the Truth.

Stuart

Stuu

Again, proving flat earth. Not a "globe" .
Here's a nice photograph:

Antarctic-Satellite-Photo.jpg

Stuart

Stuu

Is that you in the cockpit of the Blackbird?

Your second picture shows a flat horizon.

There are four ways you can see a photo of a curved earth.

1. The fish eye lens on a GoPro camera

2. A wide angle lens

3. A picture through a curved window like on a jet.

4. Photoshop

View attachment 26258

This is what you see in reality.

--Dave

5. Here's a nice photograph:

800px-New_High-Resolution_Earthrise_Image.jpg

See how the shadow of the flat moon is a straight line on the globe of the earth?

Stuart

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here's a nice photograph:

Stuart
Here's some better ones. I contend that NO MATTER WHERE YOU START FROM IN THE EARTH if you travel in a completely true STRAIGHT LINE you will run into the ice wall. Nobody can "go around the world" in ANY direction.

0d4f581c9ef6a42d9369bbc07dec0288.jpg
5832d74300d30468f431e91e7ab8dca0.jpg

322e8fa5a55254486b6bd8f4a538b472.jpg
bc316978d61822f1c08798175898f04e.jpg

Stuu

Here's some better ones. I contend that NO MATTER WHERE YOU START FROM IN THE EARTH if you travel in a completely true STRAIGHT LINE you will run into the ice wall. Nobody can "go around the world" in ANY direction.

0d4f581c9ef6a42d9369bbc07dec0288.jpg

Great. So I'm sure you are going to follow up with an explanation for why navigators generally have to keep turning towards the ice...

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Apparently you only accept the testimony of those who see what you see: but that is only one part of the world. It is not difficult to understand for anyone willing to understand. A person living in the northern latitudes will witness the sun moving across the sky in an arc over the southern sky from east to west. Another person living equally distant from the tropics and equator in the southern hemisphere will witness the sun moving across the sky in about the same reverse arc over the northern sky from east to west. Another person living in the equatorial regions, somewhere between the tropics, will witness the sun moving across the sky more directly overhead, in almost a straight line, from east to west. And these three witnesses are all viewing the path of the sun at the same time: this cannot be so on a flat earth model. You therefore only accept the testimony of those who agree with what you see in the sky from the vantage point where you live upon the earth. Call someone from the southern hemisphere, make a new friend, (lol), and as you said to me: get your facts straight before you go posting all this gobbly gook.

Purdy smart chipmunk.

daqq

Purdy smart chipmunk.

Lol, psychological warfare: anyone who believes what that guy is saying is automatically being mocked because they get their world view from a "purdy smart chipmunk". Moreover you still do not understand the argument, for if you did, you would never have even presented that video in rebuttal. If you move the tropic of capricorn out to your imaginary ice wall you have only compounded the contradiction with what people in the southern hemisphere see the sun doing every day. What's next? Inquisitions? Will they be hunting down anyone in the south who says they see the sun crossing an arc through the northern sky and burning them at the stake? It is just as I said in what you have quoted and responded to herein: you have eliminated the witness of all those who live in the southern hemisphere.

Thank goodness flat-earthers do not rule the world. Either this one is mocking you or he himself is deluded into thinking he is actually looking at a flat-earth map when he is not. He is looking at an azimuthal map of the globe as viewed from above the north pole. The two tropics are circles of equal circumference, size, and area, and cannot possibly be shown correctly on a flat map of the globe as viewed from that angle, (as from above the north pole), and therefore everything below or outside the equatorial circle is already stretched out on that map: and it only gets worse toward the outer or southern edges which are in reality the south pole.

Moreover he cannot accurately measure straight lines in the triangles he is using on the map at the beginning of the video because he is not taking into account the curvature which cannot be shown on such a map. He apparently cannot perceive what he is actually looking at and playing with because he cannot fathom what that azimuthal map represents, (a globe as viewed from above the north pole). He either failed geometry class or never even made it that far in school. But your world is your world, and if you wish to get your world view from a "purdy smart chipmunk", well then, more power to ya. And I suppose in your world nobody exists in the southern hemisphere: either that or they are apparently all being deceived every day when they look up into the sky at the path of the sun.

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
5. Here's a nice photograph:

800px-New_High-Resolution_Earthrise_Image.jpg

See how the shadow of the flat moon is a straight line on the globe of the earth?

Antarctic-Satellite-Photo.jpg

Stuart

You must know that these are not actual pictures from space. All the globe pictures that have been made by NASA are photoshopped. We know that because they all are different in ways they should not be. Look for yourself.

Go here: Images for Earth from space from NASA

I'm a graphic artist and it's part of the reason I never believed in evolution because it's all fictional artwork. The moon landings were fiction movie making. With today's CGI it's not always easy to see it in one picture, but when you compare all the pictures of earth it's easy to see NASA is an computer graphics company putting out a digital world that does not exist.

View attachment 26261 View attachment 26262

Remember this movie, how to fake a space mission.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No problem, take your time, I'm in no hurry: but I should note here that the two image files of the sun paths for Portland Oregon and Buenos Aires appear to be date sensitive, (for today). So I do not know for sure whether or not they will still show up tomorrow in that post but the links will still be there if you or anyone else wants to use them. It has been a good talking for now, Dave, thank you for your politeness. :)

View attachment 26263

View attachment 26265

Measuring the angle of the sun seems easy enough. Here is a good video your argument is based on.

Globed earth's tilted axis contradicts its orbital path.
Why is the earth tilted and not perpendicular to the sun it orbits on a "flat" path? One would think that the spinning of the earth and its orbital path would work together in logical unison. There is absolutely nothing in physics that justifies this. Saying we would not have seasons if the globed earth were not tilted does not explain the physical impossibility of a planet tilted away from its orbital path.

WHY DOES THE EARTH SPIN?
"The Earth spins because it formed in the accretion disk of a cloud of hydrogen that collapsed down from mutual gravity and needed to conserve its angular momentum. It continues to spin because of inertia. The reason it’s all the same direction is because they all formed together in the same Solar Nebula, billions of years ago."

View attachment 26266

We live in a "flat" galaxy with everything in it spinning and orbiting in a circle but earth just happens to be spinning out of sync.

Funny how the earth cannot be a flat disc but the galaxy can. :beanboy:

As far as the angle of the sun and how it shows us the arch of the sun's path, the distance of the sun from the earth does not affect the angle. So I will conclude that we cannot know the distance of the sun from the earth by its angle.

Funny how all these heliocentric videos talk about the sun as it travels across the sky as if the earth was not spinning around a motionless sun.

So, how do measured angles become arced paths of the sun that prove a globe earth and not a flat circle earth? To be continued.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

False dichotomy, a fallacy.

I am a globe earther, yet I believe in special creation, not flat earth, and that the Bible speaks of a globe, not a disc or plane, which is not shown on that image. That image is extremely dishonest.

Argument from silence, a fallacy.

Arguing that since there are no (documented) flights that go over Antarctica, therefore the earth must be flat because it's not possible to go over Antarctica.

Stuu

You must know that these are not actual pictures from space. All the globe pictures that have been made by NASA are photoshopped. We know that because they all are different in ways they should not be. Look for yourself.

Go here: Images for Earth from space from NASA

I'm a graphic artist and it's part of the reason I never believed in evolution because it's all fictional artwork. The moon landings were fiction movie making. With today's CGI it's not always easy to see it in one picture, but when you compare all the pictures of earth it's easy to see NASA is an computer graphics company putting out a digital world that does not exist.

View attachment 26261 View attachment 26262

Remember this movie, how to fake a space mission.

--Dave
How far would you say it is from the edge of the ice wall to the magnetic south pole, from each direction of approach?

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Lol, psychological warfare: anyone who believes what that guy is saying is automatically being mocked because they get their world view from a "purdy smart chipmunk". Moreover you still do not understand the argument, for if you did, you would never have even presented that video in rebuttal.

I'm just going to address one point at a time.

By the video you could not know, that the friend you encouraged me to find actually lives in Chile.

Make no mistake, I fully understand what nasa says those folks should be seeing.

Chippy is telling you what he sees living there.

It's not what nasa tells you they see.

I'm looking next into your assertion that the flat map is actually a 2D ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.