The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

I did not make a reference to any gained property. If you have a point to make, make it.
I made it already, and that was after Cabinetmaker made it. I'm not sure that rephrasing it yet again is going to help much.

You're not very well qualified for this, are you.

Knight has questioned whether christianity is benefiting very much from your efforts in this thread. I question how well the flat earthers out there feel they are being represented by your efforts.

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Did you know I have a direct connection to the "stuff" that NASA is putting out?? I have news for you... it's not fake, the earth is a sphere and we landed on the moon. You are the one buying the lie and I'm trying to help you not make a bigger *** out of yourself than you already have.

That stuff you got smeared all over your face has to be starting to stink.

Philippians 3:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I made it already, and that was after Cabinetmaker made it. I'm not sure that rephrasing it yet again is going to help much.

Knight has questioned whether christianity is benefiting very much from your efforts in this thread. I question how well the flat earthers out there feel they are being represented by your efforts.

Stuart

If you can't make an argument maybe debate is not for you?

--Dave

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Stuart

He's doin' better holding his ground than you are in your efforts to debunk him.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you think you're getting a "good debate" here you're delusional. They are only here to marginalize you everyday and have fun toying with you, just like the amazing wise man Knight said. Have a blast.
That wasn't my original intention but after the dust has cleared and the lie has been stripped away for the 300th time what else can we do?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you align with STP on this issue? Is Satan fooling us all into believing the earth is a sphere??? Are the stars in the night sky just a projection on a giant dome over our flat earth?? Does the sun actually not set behind the horizon but instead just get so far away it no longer illuminates our area?? Is there a giant ice wall surrounding the entire flat earth presumably keeping the dreaded White Walkers out??

Dreaded White Walkers? Now I have heard everything! This theory is getting whackier by the minute! :rotfl:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great. Prove the globe, flying and spinning through space.
42a749465b2a99d5d070e9d628e827f8.jpg
Here we go with the meme cards again. It only shows the weakness of this view point.

When one has to resort to memes, is shows he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

FE is has been destroyed--flame broiled and reduced to a crispy critter 300+ times in this thread and all you have are youtubes and meme cards?

Stuu

Well... to be fair there are plenty of non-believers that also adhere to the FE theory. So... I guess we have the same concern. :)
It would be quite amusing to have some of those hard-core flat earthers, of whatever religious belief or none, the kind who give lectures at flat earth conferences, to come into this thread and tell them off for doing such a poor job.

Stuart

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What does the shape of the earth have to do with the universe evolving?

Is it possible that Satan's lie is upon you? Tricking you into this ridiculous theory and thereby destroying your credibility as a witness for Christ?

Back when the Church was young Augustine said we can be just like the world and have a God who is both Plato's and Aristotle's timeless/spaceless God and our God. He turned away from taking the Bible "literally" to make his case. Years later we responded with open theism. Neither you nor I were concerned about our Christian witness and credibility then.

Plato and Aristotle at the same time gave the world the geo-centered stationary globed earth. Flat stationary domed earth with small sun, moon, and stars circling over it was the model of the universe before this and the original one. The church turned even further away from taking the Bible literally in order to accommodate Plato, Aristotle, Augustinian/Calvinism, Copernicus, Darwin, etc. If we were not concerned about our Christian witness and credibility to reject the theory of evolution and the theology of Augustine I don't see any reason to worry about it with questioning and possibly rejecting globe earth since it's the origin of everything else we have rejected.

You have to ask yourself, since Satan has deceived so many into believing in a timeless God, the determinism of Augustine/Calvin, the evolution of man, the evolution of the universe, has Satan also deceived us into believing in a spinning globe? Spinning globe earth orbiting the sun is not the Biblical model. A spinning globe earth is not our experience nor our observation of earth from earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, that is a fair summary of what I was saying.

Stuart

You don't know how to argue that all the math that was posted can simply be about how things fall because they have weight without any need for an invisible force called gravity to account for it. Gravity is the assumption of a spinning globe earth that requires the center of alleged globe to have a particle magnet in the middle of it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There's no such thing as "pulling a beer", DFT, the beer "flows down" into the glass.

Stuart

Oh, no kidding. You mean the beer "falls" into the glass because it has weight? Or do you think it's "pulled down" into the glass because of gravity?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It would be quite amusing to have some of those hard-core flat earthers, of whatever religious belief or none, the kind who give lectures at flat earth conferences, to come into this thread and tell them off for doing such a poor job.

Stuart

So tell me, do you regularly follow and study what hard core flat earthers teach?

If you don't than how do you know we are doing a bad job?

And if you do truly know what they teach then please tell us about how flat earth should be taught.

Or just don 't lie to us.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.