The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There seems to be a wee bit too much rabble rousing, and disputing, amongst the brethren, in recent days, on this thread. I always find that a bottle of "Nectarine Crush" pop, a game of checkers, some cashew fudge, and all of us members of the boc joining together, singing, in unison, "Welcome Sweet Springtime," "Good ol' 14A", removes some of the acrimony. All together now, .......A one-uh...a two-uh...
Do you align with STP on this issue? Is Satan fooling us all into believing the earth is a sphere??? Are the stars in the night sky just a projection on a giant dome over our flat earth?? Does the sun actually not set behind the horizon but instead just get so far away it no longer illuminates our area?? Is there a giant ice wall surrounding the entire flat earth presumably keeping the dreaded White Walkers out??

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you align with STP on this issue? Is Satan fooling us all into believing the earth is a sphere??? Are the stars in the night sky just a projection on a giant dome over our flat earth?? Does the sun actually not set behind the horizon but instead just get so far away it no longer illuminates our area?? Is there a giant ice wall surrounding the entire flat earth presumably keeping the dreaded White Walkers out??

I see nothing, Col. Knight.....I know nothing(Uh, oh....I predict "We know")......!

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But you failed to explain why the experiment didn't check the globe calculations. You didn't show the measurements that were taken were within the accuracy of the instruments used. You just asserted they are right without verifying the setup oh their experiment, the equations, the calibration of the equipment. No scientific method at all.

Their error was simple and obvious. The height of the observer alters the amount of blocked view at any distance.

The amount of blocked view at 6 miles with a viewing height of observer at 3 feet is 10 feet not 24 feet as in the video.

Incompetence or deception, take your pick.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is valid for both systems. You can't just ignore an inconvenient truth.

By the way, I note that you are attempting to ignore the question I asked about potential energy. What is potential energy? How do we calculate it?

Why is it valid for both systems?

If you think "potential energy" proves spinning globe and disproves flat earth make your case.

--Dave

Stuu

if evolution were true there is no necessity for a creator and therefore no necessity for a savior.
From my point of view this is a good reason not to be a christian, something on which we would no doubt disagree.

However, I am amazed how many christians don't seem to understand the simple point of theology that you make. Theistic evolution is a good example. It is a particularly confused philosophy that misses this point and so makes no sense at all.

Stuart

Stuu

Why is it valid for both systems?

If you think "potential energy" proves spinning globe and disproves flat earth make your case.
It's a very simple point that Cabinetmaker raises.

What is your model that explains how you can climb up on a chair, and gain some property that then makes you speed up directly downwards when you step off the chair? You then don't have that property any longer, unless you are then standing by a hole in the floor, in which case you can repeat the same acceleration by stepping into the hole.

And what does it mean to say that Energy = 80kg x 9.8N/kg x 1 metre = 784 joules, and for that to correspond to the 0.2 degree Celcius increase in temperature of water that results solely from the action of a 80kg object falling into a cubic metre of water from 1 metre height?

Is this all just incomprehensible magic, like your claim for refraction earlier?

Stuart

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You believing the earth is flat hurts your witness for Christ. After all... if a guy can be so dumb to buy this crap why should I believe him about who God is?

I don't tell people the earth is flat so believe in Christ.

I respect you as an administrator so I won't be as disrespectful to you as you are to me.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what specifically is the sphere earth conspiracy doing to help Satan?

Evolution has a purpose for Satan. After all.... if evolution were true there is no necessity for a creator and therefore no necessity for a savior.

How does the shape of our planet impact Satan's mission?

Because, unlike Christians, the world believes the universe has also evolved.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you were thinking logically, you would know that the fact that the apparent size of the sun being the same all day long means that the sun is not small and near and circling the flat earth.

That you think that everything needs to hinge on NASA is false.

There are many video presentations that show otherwise.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a very simple point that Cabinetmaker raises.

What is your model that explains how you can climb up on a chair, and gain some property that then makes you speed up directly downwards when you step off the chair? You then don't have that property any longer, unless you are then standing by a hole in the floor, in which case you can repeat the same acceleration by stepping into the hole.

And what does it mean to say that Energy = 80kg x 9.8N/kg x 1 metre = 784 joules, and for that to correspond to the 0.2 degree Celcius increase in temperature of water that results solely from the action of a 80kg object falling into a cubic metre of water from 1 metre height?

Is this all just incomprehensible magic, like your claim for refraction earlier?

Stuart

You assume gravity pulling us down is responsible rather than this is what happens as things just fall.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You assume gravity pulling us down is responsible rather than this is what happens as things just fall.

--Dave
If you think you're getting a "good debate" here you're delusional. They are only here to marginalize you everyday and have fun toying with you, just like the amazing wise man Knight said. Have a blast.

Stuu

I am not assuming anything. I want to know how you answer Cabinetmaker's question. What, in your opinion, is this property that we apparently acquire when we climb up onto the chair?

Stuart

Stuu

If you think you're getting a "good debate" here you're delusional. They are only here to marginalize you everyday and have fun toying with you, just like the amazing wise man Knight said. Have a blast.
That is exactly what you wished for. So, here it is.

Stuart

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That is exactly what you wished for. So, here it is.

Stuart
Great. Prove the globe, flying and spinning through space.
42a749465b2a99d5d070e9d628e827f8.jpg

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not assuming anything. I want to know how you answer Cabinetmaker's question. What, in your opinion, is this property that we apparently acquire when we climb up onto the chair?

Stuart

I did not make a reference to any gained property. If you have a point to make, make it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't give up, don't give in, that's what they want. Others are watching. Those who continually show disrespect will eventually lose respect even if they are right about what they are saying.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.