The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

God's Truth

It is the same kind of faith that a small child has in their parents.

Robert,

You said the right thing there, but I don't think you know what that truly entails.

Jesus wants us to have faith that a small child has in their parents...

That is about a child doing everything that their parents say to do.

Do you see it now?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

You said the right thing there, but I don't think you know what that truly entails.

Jesus wants us to have faith that a small child has in their parents...

That is about a child doing everything that their parents say to do.

Do you see it now?

Do you stop loving your children when they sin against you?

Your sins have been dealt with, but you don't believe that. You want to deal with them yourself.

God's Truth

Do you stop loving your children when they sin against you?

Your sins have been dealt with, but you don't believe that. You want to deal with them yourself.

Children need to be taught that they are to obey their parents and if they do not, then they are the ones who do not love.

We are not God. God tells us plainly that He loves those who love Him and those are the people He saves.

Robert Pate

Banned
Children need to be taught that they are to obey their parents and if they do not, then they are the ones who do not love.

We are not God. God tells us plainly that He loves those who love Him and those are the people He saves.

Then you are going to have a problem with this,

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

God's Truth

Then you are going to have a problem with this,

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Those UNGODLY, UNCIRCUMCISED GENTILES, they believed and obeyed by REPENTING OF THEIR SINS.

You are fighting against God the Almighty and you are in trouble if you do not stop.

If we do not have to obey, then people would not be going to Hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
Those UNGODLY, UNCIRCUMCISED GENTILES, they believed and obeyed by REPENTING OF THEIR SINS.

You are fighting against God the Almighty and you are in trouble if you do not stop.

If we do not have to obey, then people would not be going to Hell.

I don't worry about my obedience, nor am I concerned about sin. I am safe and secure "In Christ". Philippians 3:9.

You religious people are always in a turmoil. Can it be that you don't have faith?

God's Truth

I don't worry about my obedience, nor am I concerned about sin. I am safe and secure "In Christ". Philippians 3:9.

You religious people are always in a turmoil. Can it be that you don't have faith?

You are not safe and secure because you preach against obeying Jesus.

I have faith in everything Jesus says, and not just 'believe'.

I don't say there is another gospel where we don't have to obey.

We are not losers in Christ, we are overcomers in Christ.

We are not sinners in Christ, we are overcomers in Christ.

That is unless you are not.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are not safe and secure because you preach against obeying Jesus.

I have faith in everything Jesus says, and not just 'believe'.

I don't say there is another gospel where we don't have to obey.

We are not losers in Christ, we are overcomers in Christ.

We are not sinners in Christ, we are overcomers in Christ.

That is unless you are not.

While you are struggling to be good enough to be saved, I have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

musterion

Backdoor Bob, sneaking in the Law and hoping no one notices.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

No exceptions there, Pate.

Robert Pate

Banned

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

How so?

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

Christ is the end of the law for Christians, because the law has been abolished.

Those that are trying to justified by the law are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your alleged imputed lawkeeping is not something taught by Paul.

Yes...by His death, not by His earthly life.

Then you, like John W, do not believe that all that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation.

If all that Jesus was and all that he did was not for us, then who did he do it for?

Jesus said that he fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18. Who did he fulfill it for?

musterion

Then you, like John W, do not believe that all that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation.

Paul said repeatedly that His death forgives us and His resurrection justifies us, not His earthly life.

Simple. For the sake of Israel, to prove He is the Messiah foretold in their Law and their Prophets. THAT is the sense in which He fulfilled the Law.

God's Truth

That is about making yourself clean and justified by the works of the law, i.e. circumcision, a special diet, various external washings, and blood of animals.

God's Truth

pate

As are them who claim to get Justified by anything they did !

Trying to be justified by a diet and animal sacrifices is being under a curse now; no one can do it now anyway.

Obeying God does not put one under a curse. HA

Obeying God gives one the Spirit and life.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth

Your alleged imputed lawkeeping is not something taught by Paul.

Yes...by His death, not by His earthly life.

Nothing Jesus did is a "not by".

His words will NEVER PASS AWAY.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

God's Truth

If all that Jesus was and all that he did was not for us, then who did he do it for?

You teach wrong too because you say we don't and can't obey him.

God's Truth

Paul said repeatedly that His death forgives us and His resurrection justifies us, not His earthly life.

Jesus made his last will and testament rules and guidelines, then he died and that last will and testament went into affect.

Jesus walked the earth and told us what one had to do to be included as an heir, and then he said what the inheritance is, eternal life.

He did not die intestate.