Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

Anyone who has to look that up proves just how ignorant they are.

We have scripture for a reason. You should try that. :chuckle:
Anyone who denies Christ was incarnate (you) is in great error.

You really need to go over your beliefs by yourself in silence.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

There ya go...denying the Father and the Son. The Father is not the Son, and you say He is.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

That is what happens to every single person who denies the Trinity. They find themselves twisting scripture to prove what cannot be proven.
She isn't denying that by saying the Spirit of GOD was the Spirit within Christ as He walked the earth.

It is you who are denying while in denial.

popsthebuilder

Hi pops,

This is personal, but how is your dog doing?
I took the compression bandage off of her last night.

She is getting around a little better. I still have to carry her outside though. She acts a little confused when I give her her pain meds, but she will be out of them soon. She is bleeding pretty good still. Just making sure I keep her as comfortable as possible and keep her eating and drinking. I think she is going to make it out okay.

peace

popsthebuilder

Can be and is are two different things. If you have scripture put it up. :chew:

I don't have to guess. I know.

There is, indeed, ONE GOD and He is a plural being - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

That ONE SPIRIT you're talking about is the Holy Spirit. Hence, God the Spirit as opposed to God the Father or God the Son.
So to you the father and son and spirit literally have separate spirits? Or is it that two of the three have no spirit? Wait, you say Christ has a human spirit so that is two different spirits. What about the part you call the father? Is that yet another spirit or is it without spirit to you?

popsthebuilder

Really? A definition from a "Dictionary" then verses makes 'little sense??? :noway:

:think:

It sounds a bit like Ephesians 2:8-10 HOW can you say I make 'little sense' then quote one of the things I posted? :idunno:

It isn't just 'avoiding lies' but also seeking only what is true. IOW, if we are following something that is true and another something that is a lie, then we are off to a poor start, we are disbelieving something that is true AND believing something that isn't, where they both contradict.

Did you know "Muslim" Arabs are killing "Christian" Arabs? Did you know the ONLY reason is because they aren't "Muslims?"
:think: Did you know some "Muslims" are leaving and becoming "Christians" and they don't get to be both? :think:

For your consideration: Revelation 2:14 Exodus 23:24;34:14 Acts 8:10,21,22 1 John 4:5-8 Galatians 1:6-10 John 3:16-18 Deuteronomy 13:6-10
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 John 14:9,10 2 Corinthians 5:17 Acts 19:26

I find a good deal of the time, most people who say such things are giving opinion RATHER than knowing where their opinion may greatly disagree with scripture.
Not in that case friendo.

Instead of posting some reference why not post the actual scripture along with your commentary so it can be seen plainly and discussed openly?

God's Truth

Jesus came with grace; he was full of grace (and truth)

Truth is key as most like to say the truth changed with the false third testament of St. Paul, along with another Gospel which he specifically preached against.

They will stop at nothing to be allowed to continue in error and too feel false security.

That is exactly right. They make a third testament, a new covenant of Paul. They have a false sense of security is right.

God's Truth

Excelllent observations, since Truth itself is universal, although expressed in different words, symbols, texts and forms.

The One Infinite Spirit itself is the Heart of the cosmos, all space and time, all worlds, all dimensions...and naturally so. All true ancient schools of wisdom have recognized the perennial philosophy, which expound and study the universal laws and principles. Anyone with a minor knowledge or study of comparitive religions, metaphysics and philosophy would be aquainted to know this much,...for starters.

Essence is one, forms are many.

One Ocean, many rivers.

~*~*~

Having read thru the thread,...we would expect the typical answers, juxtapositions and bunny trails,....but hey,...its TOL :)

As perhaps one of the most eclectic here, and universal...I try to have fun with the kids, but harsh when needed, but the critique is upon the thought, concept, belief, logic, rationale or principle,...that is what we are discussing, not persons or personalities, although some debates can turn into personal excursions, which we would hope to avoid by treating the subject alone.

Beyond treating topics with 'creative commentary',.... beliefs, opinions and points of view may be contested, tried, challenged or even raked over the coals,...as points of view are subject to CHANGE, with the arrival of more inforomation or revelation. A genuine student of truth is always OPEN to research his opinions and LEARN, continually question, research his assumptions. A great teacher once admonished one to continually be asking, seeking and knocking. I gather most of you know of this teacher. But God has used and continues to use many different teachers....since the Great Spirit uses many vessels thru which to work.

You cannot put the INFINITE in a 'box', worship your 'box' and then pretend or assume your 'box' is all there is. 'Box' here refers to prefigured concepts, ideas, opinions, beliefs, traditions, dogmas, creeds, etc. Sometimes you have to trade your 'cardboard' for the true gold of Spirit, and leave it at that, since the Spirit Alone is LIFE.

Unfortunately, the 'fun' might put a 'damper' on many personal parades here, but sometimes a good rain is nice to cool, moisten and break up the fallowed ground ;)

Those following my more serious commentaries (see my previous posts) can see I also enjoy some humor, at various expenses, while also trying to be as civil as possible. This boldness has gotten me removed/blocked from some discussion threads, with no warning or explanation. But I go forward.

'God' the Universal Spirit is a FOUNT that is not limited to only one human tribe, race, community or religious cult. It just so happens that all streams of truth originate from one Ocean of Spirit and the 'Christ' is that inner spark, spirit, essence, light, logic of the Creator, that is awakened inside the cradle of the soul, illuminating man into his divine sonship, whereby he recognizes God as his Father-Mother, and then being "in Christ" sees there is no division between genders, race or culture....but all are one in God. Use whatever terms or symbols you like, a study of universal principles and esoteric science points to one universal truth, one underlying fundamental knowledge sourced in the unity of Spirit.

While the Bible is a valuabe, useful, inspired text (having religious, historical and mythical elements), there are also some parts that are not necessarily useful or practical to men living in this day and age, due to cultural changes, imperfections and rational application. This may be said with any of the other great traditional religious texts of our world religions as well. Each religious text is limited to a degree by its own dispensation being conditioned by various factors relative to its inception and development, further adapted or modified in time (via translation and interpretation). - this just happens to be the natural 'process'.

View attachment 26109

Jesus has nothing to do with other gods.

Thieves will not inherit.

The thief that climbed over is not going to inherit.

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

John 10:1 "Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

God's Truth

I took the compression bandage off of her last night.

She is getting around a little better. I still have to carry her outside though. She acts a little confused when I give her her pain meds, but she will be out of them soon. She is bleeding pretty good still. Just making sure I keep her as comfortable as possible and keep her eating and drinking. I think she is going to make it out okay.

peace

I can imagine what you are going through. Glad to hear that she is going to make it out okay.

God's Truth

So to you the father and son and spirit literally have separate spirits? Or is it that two of the three have no spirit? Wait, you say Christ has a human spirit so that is two different spirits. What about the part you call the father? Is that yet another spirit or is it without spirit to you?

It is as if they make it up as they go along.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Y'all should start another thread and discuss it there.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 10-23. It is Yom, Day.

I do not believe that it would be appropriate to start a discussion unrelated to the OP, the Opening Post.

Shalom.

Jacob

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 10-23. It is Yom, Day.

I do not believe that it would be appropriate to start a discussion unrelated to the OP, the Opening Post.

Shalom.

Jacob
Howdy.

Today is Wednesday January 10th, 2018.

It would indeed be appropriate to start another thread about it, as to not derail this thread from the OP.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Howdy.

Today is Wednesday January 10th, 2018.

It would indeed be appropriate to start another thread about it, as to not derail this thread from the OP.

Shalom.

Correct, but I am the one that was addressed here.

I do not observe your calendar.

Shalom.

Jacob

Lon

What a very foolish remark to a very specific question.

That tells why Jesus came.

Explains nothing about the question I asked though you have been taught by man that it does....it is a shame.

It is a shame because it DOES answer your question. Read it again, without the preconceived notions this time. You asked 'why.' Now read it again.