Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

I think I see what you are doing, pops. However, falsely accusing me shows that you are doing it wrongly. I think you want to bring all religions together, but instead of bringing them all together by truth, you try to bring all together by a type of magic. I don't want to say you do it by dishonesty, or by deceit, so I say by magic, for lack of a kinder word and image. You can't magically take away things in the Bible that you believe offends. You can't magically take away and or add to what the Qur'an says. You seem true to the way of the Baha'i and just plan Universalism.
Ah....and now we see that you are now assuming things based on half truth.

I don't want to loose you as a friend, but will not take kindly to assumptions about my motives.

And you even mentioning magic to me as if I am some sorcerer or diviner is you saying I am of Satan....I agree it is a fake nice way to say it though.

If you think I preach a form of unity against the truth, then that is your opinion.

It is very difficult for me to not lash out at you at this time.

In one post you commend my straightforwardness only to accuse me of the works of Satan.

I should have severed my tie with you when I was shown.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

I love God's Truth, and it can be found in the Holy Bible.
Your friends get what they want so bad due to your double speak and backbiting.

You are not what you believe yourself to be.

You can't even honestly discuss things with any, though you percieve yourself to be doing just that.

Your tunnel vision has caused you to miss great truths, yet you go forth blindly, off assumption and conflation rather than what is plainly stated.

I told you before hand that the book is expressed differently from the Bible to some extent. But you expect verbatim copying of the Bible which came through GOD, yet too the men you know to have been corrupt(arcc), but you stick headlong with your version of the truth, wholly missing what is plainly stated, which is that all is of GOD, and all will be reconciled.

way 2 go

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

does that include any christian author of today ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So now our beliefs are clarified, tell me if the Qur'an is compatible with the way we believe about Jesus as for Jesus being God the Father coming in the flesh.

The Quran speaks in different terms but yes it clearly states that Christ Jesus was imparted with the Word and is not separate from GOD.

4:150. Verily, those who disbelieve in Allâh and His Messengers, (or while believing) choose to make a distinction between Allâh and His Messengers, and say, ‘We believe in some and disbelieve in others,’ intending to strike a course in between,

4:152. (On the other hand) those who believe in Allâh and (all of) His Messengers and (while believing) make no distinction between any of them, it is to these whom He will soon give their rewards. Indeed, Allâh is Great Protector, Ever Merciful.

4:158. Rather Allâh exalted him with all honour to His presence. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
4:160. Then (by way of punishing them) on account of the transgression of those who judaised, We made unlawful to them certain of the good and pure things which had been allowed to them before, and that too on account of their causing hindrances to many (people, and their own staying away) from Allâh’s way;

( That will have to do for now; I have to try to get no some .sleep.)
Saying that the message spoken by a prophet is the same message as the message of Allah is a far stretch from saying that prophet is Allah himself.

GT does not say that Jesus just spoke the same message as GOD, but is GOD Himself.

Things that differ are not the same.

popsthebuilder

does that include any christian author of today ?
Unfortunately I have not yet had the opportunity to read actually recent writings of any religion. I know the writings ascribed to some the church father's are indeed divinely inspired.

You raise a seemingly valid point though.

Who did you have in mind if any?

peace

God's Truth

Ah....and now we see that you are now assuming things based on half truth.

No half truths. Don't just say it prove it.

I don't want to loose you as a friend,

I don't think you can lose me as a friend unless you really want to.

but will not take kindly to assumptions about my motives.

I am going by what you say.

And you even mentioning magic to me as if I am some sorcerer or diviner is you saying I am of Satan....I agree it is a fake nice way to say it though.

Hahahahahaa I didn't mean it that way. I just couldn't think of another way to say it.

As for you saying I am calling you a sorcerer is now going off and presuming things that you should not; however, consider that men of God had been called sorcerers. But no, you are thinking the worst of me.

If you think I preach a form of unity against the truth, then that is your opinion.

Well you are now turning quite negative. I said you wanted to bring unity, not that you were going against the all the truth.

It is very difficult for me to not lash out at you at this time.

...just like the other Christians.

In one post you commend my straightforwardness only to accuse me of the works of Satan.

Wow. You have brought up Satan to me before and accused me of saying something I did not say. Show where I said you were doing the works of Satan.
I should have severed my tie with you when I was shown.

Okay. I am used to that in my life. Go ahead.

way 2 go

Unfortunately I have not yet had the opportunity to read actually recent writings of any religion. I know the writings ascribed to some the church father's are indeed divinely inspired.

You raise a seemingly valid point though.

Who did you have in mind if any?

peace

my point is how do you define scripture ?

God's Truth

Who are my friends? You are my only friend.

You are a false accuser.

You can't even honestly discuss things with any, though you percieve yourself to be doing just that.

How can you say that about me? I am the only one here who is considering carefully what you are saying and believe.
Your tunnel vision has caused you to miss great truths, yet you go forth blindly, off assumption and conflation rather than what is plainly stated.

You sound exactly like the others who call me liar, idiot, and condemned, and Satan.

I told you before hand that the book is expressed differently from the Bible to some extent.

I have proven to all that I am looking at it with compassionate and reasonable eyes.

But you expect verbatim copying of the Bible which came through GOD, yet too the men you know to have been corrupt(arcc), but you stick headlong with your version of the truth, wholly missing what is plainly stated, which is that all is of GOD, and all will be reconciled.

What you say about me is not truth. I am looking at your words and the words of the Qur'an with the hope that it is as you say. You said that the Qur'an says Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh. I do not see that. However, you have shown me more clearly that there are many Muslims who ruin the words of the Qur'an and make it say things it does not, just as people do to the Holy Bible.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

my point is how do you define scripture ?
To be honest I read it without bias and test it against what I already know of the will of GOD as it pertains to man.

But that is secondary to if it wholly denies Christ came in the flesh for our sake.

God's Truth

To be honest I read it without bias and test it against what I already know of the will of GOD as it pertains to man.

But that is secondary to if it wholly denies Christ came in the flesh for our sake.

Scripture is what was said and written in the New Testament during the laying of the foundation.

popsthebuilder

Who are my friends? You are my only friend.

I believe I am feces made into a person who has been made a child of God and speaks the Truth as most do not.

How can you say that about me? I am the only one here who is considering carefully what you are saying and believe.

You sound exactly like the others who call me liar, idiot, and condemned, and Satan.

I have proven to all that I am looking at it with compassionate and reasonable eyes.

What you say about me is not truth. I am looking at your words and the words of the Qur'an with the hope that it is as you say. You said that the Qur'an says Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh. I do not see that. However, you have shown me more clearly that there are many Muslims who ruin the words of the Qur'an and make it say things it does not, just as people do to the Holy Bible.
I did not and will not compare you to them.

I did not and will not call you of Satan as you did to me by accusing me of magic.

I'm still with you, and will be, but you must be open and have patience.

I am so very glad that you have seen that fear propogates hate of the unknown though these two books are in all actually very very similar as far as the will of GOD pertains to man.

There are exceedingly deep truths intertwining these together. I am not speaking of the history or names of genealogies.

I will try to have patience as I have instructed you and do see from you.

You show effort and motive that I admittedly did not see or expect.

peace

God's Truth

I did not and will not compare you to them.

I did not and will not call you of Satan as you did to me by accusing me of magic.

I'm still with you, and will be, but you must be open and have patience.

I am so very glad that you have seen that fear propogates hate of the unknown though these two books are in all actually very very similar as far as the will of GOD pertains to man.

There are exceedingly deep truths intertwining these together. I am not speaking of the history or names of genealogies.

I will try to have patience as I have instructed you and do see from you.

You show effort and motive that I admittedly did not see or expect.

peace

Okay, thanks pops.

By the way, magic does not mean of Satan.

Now reread what I wrote and slow down.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are getting what we want from you too due to your doublespeak and backbiting.

She believes herself to be, just as you believe yourself to be.

Are you having trouble with GT's superior debating skills?

I told you before hand that the book is expressed differently from the Bible to some extent. But you expect verbatim copying of the Bible which came through GOD,
It's not that you have not shown it verbatim.
It is that you have not shown that the Quran says that Jesus Christ is the eternal Creator of all creation.

God's Truth

Saying that the message spoken by a prophet is the same message as the message of Allah is a far stretch from saying that prophet is Allah himself.

GT does not say that Jesus just spoke the same message as GOD, but is GOD Himself.

Things that differ are not the same.

Watch yourself, Tambora, you sound like a little bit of a sister. lol