Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Christ was insufficient to pay her debt from all her sins, and she has to pony up her own merits.
She didn't get the good news that it is only by the righteousness and obedience of one.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

She wants to make that "two" so she can include herself.

Jesus obeyed so we have someone to obey.

Do you really think that Jesus is going to live in your heart if you don't repent of your sins? He wouldn't have come to the Jews if John had not prepared the way with a baptism of repentance.

Jesus gives the gift to those he chooses to give the gift.

Paul said not to even help the poor widows unless they qualified by having only one husband, etc.

You fell for something a false teacher taught you and that was that.

God's Truth

One of my favorites was her .....
"I no longer sin, But when I do sin, I repent".

And the ever classic of hers ...... "You have to obey EVERYTHING Christ said while He walked the earth. Except for this, and this, and this, and this ....".

You sound like an accuser.

I repeat what the scriptures say, and you are mocking the scriptures.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets stick to the subject..................

Lets stick to the subject..................

Jesus has nothing to do with other gods.

Who was promoting 'other gods'? You would do well to actually READ my commentary here before making assumptions about anything

Remember the topic here. If you would like to address anything in my actual discource, you can do that. But we would remind you again that the Infinite Spirit is the First Source and Center of all life in the cosmos, thru-out the whole of infinity. You cant put 'God' in a box, much less confine the INFINITE to paper. 'God' is much more than a collection of symbols, descriptions or codes. We look to the deeper esoteric meanings and values behind the 'logos' of the written word, and this same universal DEITY is also the source of light, knowledge and wisdom found in other religious traditions, schools and cultures. No one has a monopoly on 'God' ;)

God's Truth

Which is why she talks more about herself than she does the Lord Jesus Christ. Heck, she can't even give Him the glory He deserves....calling him Father and Spirit. :nono:

I talk about the Word.

How do you ever get that not obeying him is glorifying him?

glorydaz

In a good and civil 'spirit', I wont continue to contest this, but let what has been written stand :) - you know I dont like to get into petty 'spats', but alot of that goes on around here, ...kind-of-a bad habit, but addictive I'm sure. There is so much more to explore, research and discover. I continue forth in the spirit of 'creative dialogue', ever expanding consciousness. Thats just what freelight does :) - and he's been removed and blocked from discussions because he stands his ground and speaks his truth. (we wont mention the names of any particular moderators....*cough*) - I prefer to address and expand the issues and subjects mostly philosophically. It goes without saying, and forgive me for parroting this, but..."you cant put God in a box". - anymore than you can contain or restrict his Spirit, which is omnipresent. Perhaps we could all look outside our cute little decorated boxes we've put 'God' in ...and let 'God' be :)

Yes, man is such a wonderful being, there is no end to the heights he can explore, and his imagination is limitless. :chuckle:

But the only ones who try to put God in a box are those who don't KNOW HIM. They prefer their very own made up version of our Creator, just like heathens have done from the beginning of time.

Truly, freelight, I'm not interested in the figments of man's imagination, but in the Living God who is revealed to us in His Holy Scriptures. I know this...you won't find Him in the Quran or any of your other "sources".

You can think you are so far above any "offending" dialogue, but the Bible is meant to "offend" and lead people to Jesus Christ. So, I'll not become an enabler to the lost, no matter what you would like.

Jesus, Himself, is the Rock of Offence.....stumble and trip over Him if you must. :sigh:

Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

God's Truth

Who was promoting 'other gods'? You would do well to actually READ my commentary here before making assumptions about anything

Remember the topic here. If you would like to address anything in my actual discource, you can do that. But we would remind you again that the Infinite Spirit is the First Source and Center of all life in the cosmos, thru-out the whole of infinity. You cant put 'God' in a box, much less confine the INFINITE to paper. 'God' is much more than a collection of symbols, descriptions or codes. We look to the deeper esoteric meanings and values behind the 'logos' of the written word, and this same universal DEITY is also the source of light, knowledge and wisdom found in other religious traditions, schools and cultures. No one has a monopoly on 'God' ;)

You have silly false teachers that like to say the ones in truth put God in a box.

You designed yourself your own god.

Your god is a made up god that only exists in your imagination.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You have silly false teachers that like to say the ones in truth put God in a box.

Once again, you bypass what was written earlier, not comprehending the greater context :)

Teachers may be many, but the spirit guides one to see the Truth Universal ;)

You designed yourself your own god.

The 'creative intelligence' within is from Universal Intelligence,...there is no other 'source'. 'God' the Universal Spirit is the One, without a second. This is why 'God' only knows himself, since there is no outside of his infinity. This 'God' is both the 'one' and the 'many', since all is comprised and composed within his unity.

Your god is a made up god that only exists in your imagination.

I think 'God' would more happy if you used your 'imagination' a bit more :) ;) :p

Another thing to ponder on, is that you cannot even PROVE a 'God' exists outside of your own consciousness! Think about that. - therefore the reality of Life and Awareness itself, is the abiding reality that is. - an 'image', 'concept', 'form', 'appearance' of 'God' is what is being 'imaged' in the mind, and that is where it is appearing (seeming!) to exist. Therefore, any given image, concept or belief about 'God', may indeed only be your individual construct or imagination about it, for it may be partially your own 'creation' :)

At best, all you can prove, or KNOW, is your own 'existence'. - all else is word salad. AND while on the subject, your precious book, whatever you assume is God's WORD...is just a tossed word salad too, put any 'dressing' you like ontop, and entertain any number of 'translations' that tickle your fancy. I could go on :surf:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No, we know what is in your heart. Jesus says how we can know.

Yes, a tree is known by its fruit. HOW we relate to each other, is what matters. Its the tone, spirit, manner of our conduct and relating that carries its impress in the world of spirit, and all thoughts, words and actions are recorded in the aether, the akashic records. Therefore,...we are the arbiters of our own 'sin' and 'salvation'. - 'you' always have your part to play, such is the karmic law. Grace of course is always there, since God is love,...but your response-ability to engage and co-create with 'God' is always there.

"and there were judged according to their deeds".

"choose you this day, if you will serve the law of life or death"

God's Truth

Yes, a tree is known by its fruit. HOW we relate to each other, is what matters. Its the tone, spirit, manner of our conduct and relating that carries its impress in the world of spirit, and all thoughts, words and actions are recorded in the aether, the akashic records. Therefore,...we are the arbiters of our own 'sin' and 'salvation'. - 'you' always have your part to play, such is the karmic law. Grace of course is always there, since God is love,...but your response-ability to engage and co-create with 'God' is always there.

"and there were judged according to their deeds".

"choose you this day, if you will serve the law of life or death"

I see that you make a god of your own imagination. You have teachings from demons.

God's Truth

Once again, you bypass what was written earlier, not comprehending the greater context :)

Teachers may be many, but the spirit guides one to see the Truth Universal ;)

The 'creative intelligence' within is from Universal Intelligence,...there is no other 'source'. 'God' the Universal Spirit is the One, without a second. This is why 'God' only knows himself, since there is no outside of his infinity. This 'God' is both the 'one' and the 'many', since all is comprised and composed within his unity.

I think 'God' would more happy if you used your 'imagination' a bit more :) ;) :p

Another thing to ponder on, is that you cannot even PROVE a 'God' exists outside of your own consciousness! Think about that. - therefore the reality of Life and Awareness itself, is the abiding reality that is. - an 'image', 'concept', 'form', 'appearance' of 'God' is what is being 'imaged' in the mind, and that is where it is appearing (seeming!) to exist. Therefore, any given image, concept or belief about 'God', may indeed only be your individual construct or imagination about it, for it may be partially your own 'creation' :)

At best, all you can prove, or KNOW, is your own 'existence'. - all else is word salad. AND while on the subject, your precious book, whatever you assume is God's WORD...is just a tossed word salad too, put any 'dressing' you like ontop, and entertain any number of 'translations' that tickle your fancy. I could go on :surf:

Look around you, it is proof that God exists.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Evolving Creation.................

Evolving Creation.................

I see that you make a god of your own imagination. You have teachings from demons.

Just like one can assume only one 'book' contains all the sayings of 'God' :) - this is illogical as well, considering that revelation is progressive, and that what is INFINITE cannot be restricted, defined, confined by what is finite. The infinite is expressed within finite forms, ideals, concepts...yet like the Great Central SUN,...the rays of this One SUN extend thru-out the whole of creation, and therefore thru-out the whole of human cultures, tradition and schools of science (this includes most all the orthodox world religious faiths, and other religious schools that have been inspired, illumined or influenced in anyway by the Universal CREATOR. The Infinite Spirit is always ever acting THRU space-time, energy-matter, and soul-spirit....ever evolving, unfolding its perfection and fulleness. All life is a dynamic of 'evolving creation'.

God's Truth

Just like one can assume only one 'book' contains all the sayings of 'God' :) - this is illogical as well, considering that revelation is progressive, and that what is INFINITE cannot be restricted, defined, confined by what is finite. The infinite is expressed within finite forms, ideals, concepts...yet like the Great Central SUN,...the rays of this One SUN extend thru-out the whole of creation, and therefore thru-out the whole of human cultures, tradition and schools of science (this includes most all the orthodox world religious faiths, and other religious schools that have been inspired, illumined or influenced in anyway by the Universal CREATOR. The Infinite Spirit is always ever acting THRU space-time, energy-matter, and soul-spirit....ever evolving, unfolding its perfection and fulleness. All life is a dynamic of 'evolving creation'.

You pick what you want out of the Holy Bible and throw out what you don't want. God says not to do that, but you threw that part out.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Tao ...........

The Tao ...........

Look around you, it is proof that God exists.

It is 'God' looking out thru these human eyes, that thru the mirror of Self-reflection, bears back the witness of its own existence to itself. Such is AWARENESS...being aware that IT exists. (one can personalize this awareness or not, it simply IS).

Note that this abiding consciousness is the very essence that enables each individual soul to say "I am". Existence itself is proof of 'God', ...yes....but the creative potential unfolding in the soul, this is the proof of 'Creation', and therefore a 'Creator' existing.

The Tao gives birth to One.
One gives birth to Two.
Two gives birth to Three.
Three gives birth to all things.

All things have their backs to the female
and stand facing the male.
When male and female combine,
all things achieve harmony.

Ordinary men hate solitude.
But the Master makes use of it,
embracing his aloneness, realizing
he is one with the whole universe.

-Tao Te Ching (Mitchell)

The Tao Te Ching
, along with the Zhuangzi, is a fundamental text for both philosophical and religious Taoism. (wiki)

In my no longer extant Taoism thread,...we were half way along doing commentary on this wonderful text, so thought to share a verse here, as being part of mankind's inheritance.

God's Truth

It is 'God' looking out thru these human eyes, that thru the mirror of Self-reflection, bears back the witness of its own existence to itself. Such is AWARENESS...being aware that IT exists. (one can personalize this awareness or not, it simply IS).

Note that this abiding consciousness is the very essence that enables each individual soul to say "I am". Existence itself is proof of 'God', ...yes....but the creative potential unfolding in the soul, this is the proof of 'Creation', and therefore a 'Creator' existing.

The Tao gives birth to One.
One gives birth to Two.
Two gives birth to Three.
Three gives birth to all things.

All things have their backs to the female
and stand facing the male.
When male and female combine,
all things achieve harmony.

Ordinary men hate solitude.
But the Master makes use of it,
embracing his aloneness, realizing
he is one with the whole universe.

-Tao Te Ching (Mitchell)

The Tao Te Ching
, along with the Zhuangzi, is a fundamental text for both philosophical and religious Taoism. (wiki)

In my no longer extant Taoism thread,...we were half way along doing commentary on this wonderful text, so thought to share a verse here, as being part of mankind's inheritance.

As I told you before, I know about the Tao and many of your other beliefs. I know it hasn't really helped you in the truth and hasn't taught you how to love. I know, believe me, I know.

The only way you will know how to have pure love is by obeying Jesus and receiving his Spirit.

Zeke

I would simply grant that God be God, and 'God' by nature is universal, timeless, prior, transcendental, INFINITE. - all 'else' entertained or speculated is wordplay. - in sponsoring 'creative dialogue', I encourage readers to research the relation of words to their inner and hidden meanings and values, and how they relate and reveal the substance behind the forms.

You better acquiesce that goofy universal theory, aint no way that absolute stuff will survive this doctrinal dungen to much light only blinds and irritates them, better have some donkey steaks and old wine to offer to appease them, thats all they have experienced, dilly dilly.

marhig

What's disgusting is your denial that Jesus Christ is Lord and God.

It's Jesus who said, "You will die in your sins if you believe not that I AM" (he).

I'm simply warning you VIPERS to listen, for the wrath of God will come upon you. You've been told over and over again, and you choose to condemn me for telling you the truth? :nono:

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

You need to read the next verse in John 8, verse 25

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

After saying you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am he, they then ask Jesus who are you? And Jesus said even the same that I have said from the beginning. He never once told them that he is God, but rather that he is the son of God. That's who he has been saying he is from the beginning, and that's what he means by I am he. But of course you just pluck the words I AM out of a sentence again I try and make Jesus God.

And I've never once condemned you, you say I have condemned you for saying it is wrong to wish the wrath of God upon another? That's not condemning you? I don't say the things that you say to others, where you judge who does and doesn't belong to God just because they don't believe as you do calling them lost and not belonging to Christ, and wanting the wrath of God to come upon them, that's condemning others.

But I'll tell you this, you quote about the wrath of God coming upon people, but it's not upon those who believe in Jesus and obey him, those who are doers of the word who love the father and live by his will, it's upon those who are disobedient and love themselves before God once they know the truth, those who are proud and look down on others, those who don't live by the will of God, they are those upon who the wrath of God comes. Who won't die the death and who won't start to put to death the works of their flesh when the Spirit shows them their sins, and turn from the ways of the world, and the hardness in their heart grows.

Colossians 3:5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

If we have put on the the new man then our old man should be dead and we are then covered in Christ, and if we are covered in Christ then we will have a heart like his, and we will want everyone saved not want the wrath of God to fall upon others. God will decide who his wrath comes upon, in his time, and it won't be upon those who love him and are obedient to his will, it will be upon the disobedient who know the truth, who are lovers of themselves before God, and we are not to gloat when we see others suffer but rather help them and tell them the truth.

God's Truth

You need to read the next verse in John 8, verse 25

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

After saying you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am he, they then ask Jesus who are you? And Jesus said even the same that I have said from the beginning. He never once told them that he is God, but rather that he is the son of God. That's who he has been saying he is from the beginning, and that's what he means by I am he. But of course you just pluck the words I AM out of a sentence again I try and make Jesus God.

And I've never once condemned you, you say I have condemned you for saying it is wrong to wish the wrath of God upon another? That's not condemning you? I don't say the things that you say to others, where you judge who does and doesn't belong to God just because they don't believe as you do calling them lost and not belonging to Christ, and wanting the wrath of God to come upon them, that's condemning others.

But I'll tell you this, you quote about the wrath of God coming upon people, but it's not upon those who believe in Jesus and obey him, those who are doers of the word who love the father and live by his will, it's upon those who are disobedient and love themselves before God once they know the truth, those who are proud and look down on others, those who don't live by the will of God, they are those upon who the wrath of God comes. Who won't die the death and who won't start to put to death the works of their flesh when the Spirit shows them their sins, and turn from the ways of the world, and the hardness in their heart grows.

Colossians 3:5

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

If we have put on the the new man then our old man should be dead and we are then covered in Christ, and if we are covered in Christ then we will have a heart like his, and we will want everyone saved not want the wrath of God to fall upon others. God will decide who his wrath comes upon, in his time, and it won't be upon those who love him and are obedient to his will, it will be upon the disobedient who know the truth, who are lovers of themselves before God, and we are not to gloat when we see others suffer but rather help them and tell them the truth.

Jesus is God and the scriptures tell us that many times.

God the Father is Spirit and He came as a man's spirit in Jesus the Christ.

As for glorydaze, she has caused judgement to come on her in the same way she judges.