What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God wants us to walk by faith....trusting in Him to perform His work in us. Those who are IN HIM are confident in His performing....not in our performance.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​
It is not about performance.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As long as you are in your Adamic body you will sin.

Remember, the law is spiritual and searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12. Are all of your thoughts without sin?
I am to obey God in word, thought, and deed.

You keep people in sin, which is different from recognizing that you have sinned, and your need for a Savior.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am to obey God in word, thought, and deed.

You keep people in sin, which is different from recognizing that you have sinned, and your need for a Savior.

You are to obey God in word, thought and deed and at the same time confessing that you are failing miserably, John 1:8.

glorydaz

It is not about performance.

Did you read the verse? It IS about our LORD performing HIS GOOD WORK in us. So, yes, it absolutely IS about performance....God's performance, not man's. God is conforming us into the image of the Son.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul never taught that he could obey the law. Paul struggled with sin just like everyone else, Romans Chapter 7.
No. Paul obeyed commandments of God. He did sin, at least before becoming a believer. Was he fulfilling the law or something else.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We don't obey our way into God's family. We believe our way into Him.

Did you read the verse? It IS about our LORD performing HIS GOOD WORK in us. So, yes, it absolutely IS about performance....God's performance, not man's. God is conforming us into the image of the Son.

You cannot believe your way into anything other than trouble.

Robert Pate

Banned
No. Paul obeyed commandments of God. He did sin, at least before becoming a believer. Was he fulfilling the law or something else.

Before Paul was a Christian he was a Pharisee, Philippians 3:4-6.

The law is the nature and character of God. To say that you can keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as God, which is blasphemy.

glorydaz

Just believe. Don't believe into something.

I did.

I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.