The heresy of Calvinism by Dave Hunt--

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If God condemns those who wont obey when He alone gives the power to obey, He is a liar. Stop worshipping an idol.

If that action is evil and deceitful, of course God will condemn.

Your theology is so convenient and warped.

Epoisses

My God cannot lie, so He can be believed in all He says for all He does is right.

Your idol lies--damning for unbelief those He refused to enable to believe.

I'm not a Calvinist MAD-man. I believe that men have free-will. You've chosen your present delusion and now there is no escape. Man's choice is always wrong and God's choice is always right.

Epoisses

Sure you're not.

I don't deny that men have free-will. What I deny is that sinners can choose God and be converted. Those who are converted first come to the realization that they are hopeless and helpless sinners who are incapable of anything good. Then in this state of mind when the gospel is preached to them they believe and accept it. Those who accept Christ without having the deep conviction of sin which would be 99% of all Christians today have a lukewarm experience where they go thru the motions of religion and are tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. They just play church like you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I don't deny that men have free-will. What I deny is that sinners can choose God and be converted. Those who are converted first come to the realization that they are hopeless and helpless sinners who are incapable of anything good. Then in this state of mind when the gospel is preached to them they believe and accept it. Those who accept Christ without having the deep conviction of sin which would be 99% of all Christians today have a lukewarm experience where they go thru the motions of religion and are tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. They just play church like you.

Well played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It seems many believe the actions of the Holy Spirit to reveal their need for Christ and to reveal Christ Himself, is something like God waving a magic wand,

The persuasion of Gods love in particular in His peoples thoughts, words and deeds, toward others, is regarded as useless and of no account.

LA

musterion

If it's a gift only and exclusively, then your god is unjust for damning those who don't repent...because your god didn't give it to them.

Zeke

God converts people based on the purity of the gospel being preached. The purest gospel is the one that gives the glory to God not man. Arminians don't give the glory to God but their all powerful free-will. I've attended churches like this where the emphasis is always on 'making a decision for Christ' and it's all up to me and my decision power. Calvinist/Reformed churches with all their faults do give the glory to God for man's conversion and so there are many more genuine conversions in those churches.

those brick and mortar assemblies reflect the types and shadows of this temporal world based on flesh and blood, birth and death, good and evil Galatians 4:24 Matt 11:11, our Divine heritage comes from good linage not mental degradation generationally spread by exoteric religions to emotionally entrap the unwary. Cant decide to be what you already are Galatians 4:1, Ephesians 5:14, 2Cor 3:6 which is the good news for everyone playing the mortal mind games spreading false info with a splash of pride and a dash of ego, where everything isn't one in Christ in God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, the kingdom doesn't have far to go seeing it's within.

Epoisses

If it's a gift only and exclusively, then your god is unjust for damning those who don't repent...because your god didn't give it to them.

Scripture presents a tension between Gods unmerited gifts to men and man's responsibility to repent and believe. I present both sides of the equation and belief in presented in the scriptures as a command 20 times for every time it is presented as a gift. Carnal Christians think it's all about them and what they do while mature Christians give the glory to God. As long as we are heading in the right direction God is happy.