What is the Gospel?

Sonnet

No, Paul told that to believers.

Not one scripture limits as you assert. Instead, Paul simply says that this was what he and the apostles preached. There is no suggestion that the wording, in particular his use of 'our', must or needed to be altered. Indeed, if he thought as you do then he would have spent ink making sure nobody inferred incorrectly. He didn't do that.

Sonnet

Unlike you, I won't be claiming ransom means forgiveness of sin.

Ransom: a sum of money demanded or paid for the release of a captive.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

If the captive wont acknowledge the ransom's payment then I'd say it's logical that they remain captive.

If the Gospel was actually preached, instead of cherry picked, then they would know their sins are not included in the word "OUR" if they remain unreconciled to God.

Jesus's analogy means nobody is excluded from the provision. Those who will not look/believe do not take up what was offered to them...and they die/suffer eternally.

glorydaz

Where did Sherman say that GD?
This is what she said:

Perhaps [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] you could clarify please?

She knew I was talking about Evil. When she said that, on Oct. 16th, I certainly believed her. Nothing to say you can't also sign up as someone else after that, is there? It's worked quiet well for your buddy, the Evil One, and he does appear to be your mentor....speaking for you and on your behalf whenever he feels like it.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

She knew I was talking about Evil. When she said that, on Oct. 16th, I certainly believed her. Nothing to say you can't also sign up as someone else after that, is there? It's worked quiet well for your buddy, the Evil One, and he does appear to be your mentor....speaking for you and on your behalf whenever he feels like it.

Honestly... Sonnet is my mentor. I learn far more from him than he could ever learn from me. I say this in sincerity.

All blessings to you, Glorydaz.

- Me (The Evil one)

The hothead stuff and shenanigans are on me... that’s not Sonnets doing... that’s all me!

glorydaz

Spoiler
I prefer to preach what Paul says to preach. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved. Acts 16:31 That's what I tell unbelievers.

Paul says, "Blessed are THEY whose iniquities are forgiven..." That's why I tell unbelievers they should believe. I don't lie and tell them their sins are forgiven and they will be blessed whether they believe or not.

Romans 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.​

I tell them, "All that believe" are forgiven of sins and justified...

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​

I tell them Jesus died so all could have access to God's Grace and forgiveness of sin. Romans 5:2

If YOU believe in the death, burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ, you, too will be justified and have your sins forgiven. You are without excuse, and quibbling about what is required to have your sins forgiven isn't getting you anywhere.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

If the captive wont acknowledge the ransom's payment then I'd say it's logical that they remain captive.

Jesus's analogy means nobody is excluded from the provision. Those who will not look/believe do not take up what was offered to them...and they die/suffer eternally.

I wrote the above (just one example) on Nov. 8th. Yet you continue to ignore what I have been saying from the beginning. :think:

Proving once again that you're arguing for the sake of arguing....over a matter of semantics. I have repeatedly affirmed ALL of Paul's Gospel, while you, a professed unbeliever want claim you know how to preach a gospel that won't even save YOU.

glorydaz

Honestly... Sonnet is my mentor. I learn far more from him than he could ever learn from me. I say this in sincerity.

All blessings to you, Glorydaz.

- Me

The hothead stuff and shenanigans are on me... that’s not Sonnets doing... that’s all me!

And why are you still allowed to post here?

You're worse than a deceiver. You've been a deceiver from the start, and you are so invested in your own delusions of spiritual enlightenment that it's totally destroyed any credibility you could ever have. You have the support of an unbeliever, and you glory in that. Good for you.

And stop with the fake "All blessings to you..." stuff. It's only more proof of your hypocrisy, and I'll call you on it every time.

Sonnet will die in his sins if he isn't reconciled to God, and you are enabling him every time you step up in his support. Evil ONE.....you are well named.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

And why are you still allowed to post here?

You're worse than a deceiver. You've been a deceiver from the start, and you are so invested in your own delusions of spiritual enlightenment that it's totally destroyed any credibility you could ever have. You have the support of an unbeliever, and you glory in that. Good for you.

And stop with the fake "All blessings to you..." stuff. It's only more proof of your hypocrisy, and I'll call you on it every time.

Sonnet will die in his sins if he isn't reconciled to God, and you are enabling him every time you step up in his support. Evil ONE.....you are well named.

John 13:35

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.​

Sonnets Belief or Lack of Belief in Jesus has no thing to do with you or I. Certainly you know he knows this better than all?

Would you tell him... as the hell bound man “you” have judged that he is... that Jesus died for him?

glorydaz

Oh, it seems logical, does it? Then why do you keep insisting otherwise?

That ransom is a peace offering made on God's behalf by our Lord's death, if rejected and will not profit those who remain unreconciled. Those who reject that offering of peace will not receive forgiveness of sin. The word "our" and "you" and "us" actually means something. There is no peace if both parties don't agree.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Only after the Peace Offering is there a Sin offering where sin can be forgiven. Christ accomplished the former for all of mankind, but, if one remains unreconciled he receives no benefit from our Lord's work on the cross.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Oh, it seems logical, does it? Then why do you keep insisting otherwise?

That ransom is a peace offering made on God's behalf by our Lord's death, if rejected and will not profit those who remain unreconciled. Those who reject that offering of peace will not receive forgiveness of sin. The word "our" and "you" and "us" actually means something. There is no peace if both parties don't agree.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Only after the Peace Offering is there a Sin offering where sin can be forgiven. Christ accomplished the former for all of mankind, but, if one remains unreconciled he receives no benefit from our Lord's work on the cross.

Congratulations on regurgitating what Sonnet just said, a couple posts back.

Goal post remains unmoved.

How did the Ransom FOR SONNET get there?

Who already PAID SONNET’S RANSOME and handed Sonnet the Check that Sonnet can cash and pay up with, or burn and remain in debt?

Sonnet already knows your point... Sonnets Point is that Hebrews 2:9 is in the Bible and it means more to him that Jesus died for him as he was Godless then if Jesus only died for him once he sees the light.

You keep claiming Sonnet is the sophist and you rely on marginalizing myself and Sonnet to prove a point Sonnet already knows.

Why is it you refuse to acknowledge the Hebrews 2:9 of the matter? You profess yourself saved. You know Jesus alone, saves...

What is your POINT? Who is it benefiting for you to deny that Jesus Died For All Humanity?

Spoiler
Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

1 John 2:2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

glorydaz

I am a non-believer

John 13:35

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.​

Preach it hypocrite. We've all seen your "love".

Sonnets Belief or Lack of Belief in Jesus has no thing to do with you or I. Certainly you know he knows this better than all?

I believe him when he says he's a non-believer. I believe he's not only a non-believe, but an active minister of satan. He's condemned himself, and continues to do so by claiming to know what the Gospel says while still rejecting it.

Would you tell him... as the hell bound man “you” have judged that he is... that Jesus died for him?

No, I would tell him the same thing Paul did. Turn...that you may receive forgiveness of sin.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.​

That he will have NO redemption or forgiveness of sin without faith in the blood.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:​

I won't offer the reprobate a chance to keep spitting on the blood of Christ. I'll not tell him that until and IF he ever humbles himself in the sight of the Lord.

glorydaz

Congratulations on regurgitating what Sonnet just said, a couple posts back.

Goal post remains unmoved.

How did the Ransom FOR SONNET get there?

Who already PAID SONNET’S RANSOME and handed Sonnet the Check that Sonnet can cash and pay up with, or burn and remain in debt?

Sonnet already knows your point... Sonnets Point is that Hebrews 2:9 is in the Bible and it means more to him that Jesus died for him as he was Godless then if Jesus only died for him once he sees the light.

You keep claiming Sonnet is the sophist and you rely on marginalizing myself and Sonnet to prove a point Sonnet already knows.

Why is it you refuse to acknowledge the Hebrews 2:9 of the matter? You profess yourself saved. You know Jesus alone, saves...

What is your POINT?

Thanks for coming back to PUKE all over TOL once again. :vomit:

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Preach it hypocrite. We've all seen your "love".

I believe him when he says he's a non-believer. I believe he's not only a non-believe, but an active minister of satan. He's condemned himself, and continues to do so by claiming to know what the Gospel says while still rejecting it.

No, I would tell him the same thing Paul did. Turn...that you may receive forgiveness of sin.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.​

That he will have NO redemption or forgiveness of sin without faith in the blood.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:​

I won't offer the reprobate a chance to keep spitting on the blood of Christ. I'll not tell him that until and IF he ever humbles himself in the sight of the Lord.

You just affirmed the doctrine of Reprobation.

You refuse to say that Jesus died for Sonnet and since you judge me damned... I doubt you would say Jesus died for me...

Sonnet already knows that he has an expectation before Jesus in the matter. You are not defending ToL or Sonnet or anyone... but “Yourself”.

You claim to be doing what you are doing to “Humble” Sonnet or at least address his “pride”. Sonnet has affirmed his failure over and over on this thread. Sonnet has expressed he is Seeking Christ. Sonnet has only discussed things with patience and without harsh speech.

Well... Glorydaz/Whosoever you are... fortunately Jesus did die for all humanity and your opinion isn’t God’s.

I do believe that you have said more than you realize.

I hope the very best for you and Ask Mr. Religiin, but I see through the “Facade”... and I’m not talking about socks.

All Grace, Peace and Love to you and those who speak as you.

- (The Evil one)

glorydaz

You just affirmed the doctrine of Reprobation.

You refuse to say that Jesus died for Sonnet and since you judge me damned... I doubt you would say Jesus died for me...

Well... Glorydaz/Whosoever you are... fortunately Jesus did die for all humanity and your opinion isn’t God’s.

I do believe that you have said more than you realize.

I hope the very best for you and Ask Mr. Religiin, but I see through the “Facade”... and I’m not talking about socks.

All Grace, Peace and Love to you and those who speak as you.

- (The Evil one)

Sonnet and the Evil One.

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Sonnet and the Evil One.

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Glorydaz, Ask Mr. Religion and all who applaud what happened here... concerning Glorydaz’

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,a but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;b 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Spoiler
Sonnet... thank you for allowing Jesus to help me remember what I had almost forgotten. [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... thank you for forgiving me for being hostile to you.

If the Message of Jesus concerning Love gets lost in theology... it all becomes Salt to be trampled... no matter how self righteousnessly correct it may be

- A Nameless Forgiven Undeserving Sinner Declared a son... by the most incomprehensible manner of LOVE that remains indescribable