Christ name is

CherubRam

You contradict yourself, for as I said, you, like the scholars you put your trust in, assume to yourself the right to shorten the Tetragrammaton name of "YHWH" down to "Yah" while claiming in the post above herein, (in bold red highlighting), that even what you yourself are doing is a dishonor to the name of the Father. The name of the Father is not "Yah" but rather the Tetragrammaton, "YHWH", (in English transliteration). Others may foolishly throw up their hands and say it does not matter, or you are all stuck in the "Old Testament", or choose not to invest any real study on their own time, but these things are how we actually display our love for the Father, (by searching His Word and His Kingdom). So if you truly wish to understand WHO the Son IS then what I have presented here already in this thread will lead you into the answers to all of these things with some study time, prayer, searching, and work on your own. It is not about proving who is right and who is wrong but rather about proving that you do indeed love the Father, (YHWH Elohim Almighty), and His Son, (Yah Elohim, Ι̅H).

Yah is God's first name and is not a contraction. I have three names, and Michael is my first name.

CherubRam

What was the name Jesus used for his God and our God?

Self-righteousness is a dead end. Forget it.

[FONT=&quot]
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

That's my point. Jesus' Father is our Father.

We should refer to him as Jesus referred to him.

Our Father was never Hebrew.

We are judged by our Brother if necessary relative to the Father's standard.

Our Brother is the firstborn of the family.

We carry the family name.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yah, the LORD..........

Yah, the LORD..........

You contradict yourself, for as I said, you, like the scholars you put your trust in, assume to yourself the right to shorten the Tetragrammaton name of "YHWH" down to "Yah" while claiming in the post above herein, (in bold red highlighting), that even what you yourself are doing is a dishonor to the name of the Father. The name of the Father is not "Yah" but rather the Tetragrammaton, "YHWH", (in English transliteration). Others may foolishly throw up their hands and say it does not matter, or you are all stuck in the "Old Testament", or choose not to invest any real study on their own time, but these things are how we actually display our love for the Father, (by searching His Word and His Kingdom). So if you truly wish to understand WHO the Son IS then what I have presented here already in this thread will lead you into the answers to all of these things with some study time, prayer, searching, and work on your own. It is not about proving who is right and who is wrong but rather about proving that you do indeed love the Father, (YHWH Elohim Almighty), and His Son, (Yah Elohim, Ι̅H).

Hi daqq,

Yet as I noted earlier with at least 3 verses,....'YAH' is a proper, correct and kosher rendering of the divine name.

More passages with 'Yah' being referred in them -

They say, "Yah will not see, nor will the God of Jacob understand."

Fortunate is the man whom You, Yah, chastise, and from Your Torah You teach him.

- Pslam 94

I recall the deeds of Yah when I remember Your wonder from time immemorial.

-Pslam 77

God is revered in the great council of the holy ones and feared by all around Him.

O Lord, God of Hosts, who is like You, O Yah, Who are mighty? And Your faithfulness surrounds You.

- Psalm 89

See: Yah, a name of 'God'

~*~*~

Note that all that is really essential is to know YHWH (the tetragrammaton) and learn all you can about the divine name, linguistics, meanings and value of Ha Shem for that is all one can do, and STILL....no one really knows with 100% absolute certaintly HOW exactly in its precise intonation to pronounce YHWH, and maybe it was meant to be that way as to uphold the infinity Mystery of The Creator, since the INFINITE itself, let alone infinity cannot be fully known or comprehended by a finite mind. Hence as I posited in a former post, 'God' transcends name, word, concept, images, ideas....as Pure Incorporeal SPIRIT. In any case,...Moses, the prophets and psalmists thought it perfectly FINE to call 'God' by his shortened name of 'YAH' and this form is CLEAR enough to designate it referring to the Eternal/Infinite ONE.

Aumen :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Alpha & Omega, and the Infinite beyond language.......

The Alpha & Omega, and the Infinite beyond language.......

What was the name Jesus used for his God and our God?

Self-righteousness is a dead end. Forget it.

If Jesus was schooled in the knowledge of the word (both esoteric and literal translations), he would be familiar with the tetragrammaton, and recognize that his Father and 'God' would not only embody that divine name in essence, meaning and form, but also transcend it. Hence, if you're fine with referring to the Creator as 'Abba',...by all means go with that. But dont limit your opportunity to learn all you can about 'God'...since 'God' is MORE than just a 'father'.

I dont see 'self-righteousness' having much to do with this, although there are some 'holy name' groups or individuals who might become TOO dogmatic over right names, spellings and pronounciations about 'God'. At best, any 'word', 'name' or 'title' are approximations, descriptions, symbolic representations of 'God', and that is all they can be.

Only 'God' is 'God'. Only 'Reality' is 'reality'. The 'word' itself is never the thing or being it is representing.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sacred names diminish the familial aspect of the message Christ was sent to deliver.

The heart of Christ's message is the Father's plan of reproduction.

A father produces a family.

This was God's first instruction to Adam.

And this is the Father's agenda.

CherubRam

Sacred names diminish the familial aspect of the message Christ was sent to deliver.

:think::rolleyes:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Not necessarily. There is no reason learning and honoring God's name would diminish anything! - learning more about 'God' serves to enhance one's honor and devotion to Deity.

Yes, of course :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not necessarily. There is no reason learning and honoring God's name would diminish anything! - learning more about 'God' serves to enhance one's honor and devotion to Deity.

Is there an inherent familial aspect to Father?

Is there an inherent familial aspect to Yahweh?

Christ's message about the kingdom concerns family.

"having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible" (1 Peter 1:23)

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh (corruptible), and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (incorruptible)" (John 3:6)

daqq

Hi daqq,

Yet as I noted earlier with at least 3 verses,....'YAH' is a proper, correct and kosher rendering of the divine name.

More passages with 'Yah' being referred in them -

See: Yah, a name of 'God'

~*~*~

Note that all that is really essential is to know YHWH (the tetragrammaton) and learn all you can about the divine name, linguistics, meanings and value of Ha Shem for that is all one can do, and STILL....no one really knows with 100% absolute certaintly HOW exactly in its precise intonation to pronounce YHWH, and maybe it was meant to be that way as to uphold the infinity Mystery of The Creator, since the INFINITE itself, let alone infinity cannot be fully known or comprehended by a finite mind. Hence as I posited in a former post, 'God' transcends name, word, concept, images, ideas....as Pure Incorporeal SPIRIT. In any case,...Moses, the prophets and psalmists thought it perfectly FINE to call 'God' by his shortened name of 'YAH' and this form is CLEAR enough to designate it referring to the Eternal/Infinite ONE.

Aumen :)

Read the last post in the link already provided. Paul quotes Psalm 68:18 in Ephesians 4:8 and directly applies it to Meshiah while that passage contains "Yah Elohim". Moreover The Father has no need to "ascend and descend" because He is already above and below, He is in the heavens and the earth, and in fact the scripture says that the heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him. And if you could ascend into the heavens, He is there; if you could descend into Sheol, He is there, (Psalm 139:8), and as we speak and breathe, He is here.

Zeke

"having been begotten again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible" (1 Peter 1:23)

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh (corruptible), and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (incorruptible)" (John 3:6)

Certainly birth and death are an aspect of the awakening symbolism that points to the unborn of all that is termed God/Father wearing all those temporal mask in time, self induced Divine amnesia acting out the dualism of illusion where man whose life is in his breath is trapped in that hour glass, we are all part of that unborn all, deities and names being part of the dualistic maze that separates you from finding the exit

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ubiquity...............

Ubiquity...............

Read the last post in the link already provided. Paul quotes Psalm 68:18 in Ephesians 4:8 and directly applies it to Meshiah while that passage contains "Yah Elohim". Moreover The Father has no need to "ascend and descend" because He is already above and below, He is in the heavens and the earth, and in fact the scripture says that the heavens and the heavens of the heavens cannot contain Him. And if you could ascend into the heavens, He is there; if you could descend into Sheol, He is there, (Psalm 139:8), and as we speak and breathe, He is here.

Indeed, we acknowledge the omnipresence of Spirit ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Holy Spirit, the Mothering Spirit...............

Holy Spirit, the Mothering Spirit...............

Indeed, He is 'Our Father', the Father of all spirits, the 'God' of all flesh, all souls belong to Him, if indeed this Being is 'Our Creator'. The Spirit is the regenerator, whereby its witness, our own sonship is realized, to the glory of The Father. (the title-name itself proclaims himself as Progenitor of all).

The 'seed' is that divine germ within us, quickened by the living word and the Spirit itself as life. By the Spirit, we call God 'Abba', and by it know our home is 'from above', the heavenly Jerusalem, where 'God' also mothers us. Hence in his divine providence and Paternal care of his offspring, we acknowledge one title of Deity as being our 'Father-Mother-God'.

While meditating upon the tetragrammaton, that Existential One is the fusion of both gender principles in procreation (the bringing forth of divine will and motivation), yet also their transcendence of all into 'one' (echad). And YHWH is that, as declared in the Shema.

The first, pivotal, words of the Shema are, in the original Hebrew: שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃‎, which can be transliterated: Sh'ma Yisra'el, YHWH 'eloheinu, YHWH 'eḥad.

- wiki

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
we acknowledge one title of Deity as being our 'Father-Mother-God'.

"but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26)

"Blessed are those who do His commandments that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Mind blowing insight into reality...............

Mind blowing insight into reality...............

"but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:26)

"Blessed are those who do His commandments that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)

Yes, I honor Deity in all His/Her character qualities and manifestations. It has been posited by some that the 'YaH' is masculine and 'WeH' is feminine, so that the divine name includes both genders symbolizing the primal procreative power of SPIRIT, from Source. In any case, this is shared as an archetypal pattern going back to the Generator of Life itself. While the meaning of the consonants may be of another kind or prefiguration, it still holds that while Man was created in the image and likeness of 'God', and 'man' is 'male' AND 'female', their synergestic union and compound unity is a perfect re-presentation of 'God'. 'God' of course transcends all denominations, as they only appear in the realm of relativity, where any form, image or concept comes into PLAY. - all creation is but the PLAY of 'God' in space-time :)

So, our research into the tetragrammaton includes all dimensions and no dimensions ;)

'God' also includes all personality and transcends personality as well. God is one. God is all.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"there is neither male nor female" (Galatians 3:28)

The Father doesn't reproduce by sexual means.

CherubRam

Yes, I honor Deity in all His/Her character qualities and manifestations. It has been posited by some that the 'YaH' is masculine and 'WeH' is feminine, so that the divine name includes both genders symbolizing the primal procreative power of SPIRIT, from Source. In any case, this is shared as an archetypal pattern going back to the Generator of Life itself. While the meaning of the consonants may be of another kind or prefiguration, it still holds that while Man was created in the image and likeness of 'God', and 'man' is 'male' AND 'female', their synergestic union and compound unity is a perfect re-presentation of 'God'. 'God' of course transcends all denominations, as they only appear in the realm of relativity, where any form, image or concept comes into PLAY. - all creation is but the PLAY of 'God' in space-time :)

So, our research into the tetragrammaton includes all dimensions and no dimensions ;)

'God' also includes all personality and transcends personality as well. God is one. God is all.

God says that He is Male.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Understanding, Knowledge is key.........

Understanding, Knowledge is key.........

God says that He is Male.

No.

God is spirit.

'God' as Spirit is the Source of all gender.

'God' nowhere says he is 'male',.... 'he' is referred to in the masculine form/pronoun as a matter of convention as being 'Our Father'. 'God' while including all gender, transcends it altogether, since 'God' is INFINITE. - 'God' even transcends our finite concept of 'personhood' and 'personality'....but is the Source of such.

When God created man in his own image and likeness,....that image and likeness was in BOTH genders. Do you FOLLOW? BOTH masculine and feminine qualities, attributes, characteristics ORIGINATE from within 'God'. A title such as 'Father-Mother-God' is simply the recognition of this truth.

For understanding better my views on this see my former commentaries here.

Also my older commentary on 'evolution/creaiton' & 'gender' here :)

Sadly, people are interpreting my references on 'gender' carnally. What is to be understood is the deeper metaphysical nature, qualities and attributes of gender, as they originate from SOURCE.

Since YHWH is the name and identity of 'God' among the Jews, YHWH would mirror that nature and form that is his 'image' and 'likeness',...naturally. But enough on 'gender', let us go into the 'name' of 'Jesus' now, since that is the thread's title-subject.

Last edited: