Spiritual CHAT: A PLACE TO EXPRESS SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS.

Truster

Okay, this helps me understand what you meant in the initial post I questioned.

We know Paul's affliction was not lifted.

Many Christians suffer with life long afflictions such as MS, ALS, permanent ailings.

I think of Joni Earekson-Tada.

My Dad had MS for 20 years before dying of it's complications.

We always pray that we may learn of Christ's purpose for trials, knowing it is for our good no matter how long it lasts. Knowing that He brings good to conform us to Himself.

I say none of this lightly.

Pauls afflictions were not meant to be lifted. "For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name".

I try not to think of -Tada.

Personal relations...no comment as commenting is impossible.

At the first sign of affliction I want to know why and so I inquire and keep on enquiring until I get an answer. My enquiry is in regard to the affliction because I want to know what sin needs dealing with.

6-7 years ago I was stricken with severe pain and to my utter shame I took little if any notice of why. Two months later I was stricken yet again, because of the same sin. I didn't bring forth sorrow for my sin nor did I attempt to turn from it. A month later I was hit yet again. This time I was granted repentance and delivered from the sin, never to return, Elohim willing.

The fact of the matter is simple. The regenerate can fall into sin, but they can't remain in sin. If a person falls into sin and remains in sin and under continuous affliction I would question them as to the surety of their salvation.

Eagles Wings

Pauls afflictions were not meant to be lifted. "For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name".

At the first sign of affliction I want to know why and so I inquire and keep on enquiring until I get an answer. My enquiry is in regard to the affliction because I want to know what sin needs dealing with.

6-7 years ago I was stricken with severe pain and to my utter shame I took little if any notice of why. Two months later I was stricken yet again, because of the same sin. I didn't bring forth sorrow for my sin nor did I attempt to turn from it. A month later I was hit yet again. This time I was granted repentance and delivered from the sin, never to return, Elohim willing.

The fact of the matter is simple. The regenerate can fall into sin, but they can't remain in sin. If a person falls into sin and remains in sin and under continuous affliction I would question them as to the surety of their salvation.
I struggle with what you're saying because of the danger of being overly scrupulous in routing out sin, for the purpose of being completely free of affliction. Or, as proof that one is living justly.

Isn't this works?

It reminds me of the three friends of Job.

God's Truth

Paul's physical sickness was NOT about him suffering as an apostle.

Truster

I struggle with what you're saying because of the danger of being overly scrupulous in routing out sin, for the purpose of being completely free of affliction. Or, as proof that one is living justly.

Isn't this works?

It reminds me of the three friends of Job.

Salvation is a process and is ongoing through sanctification to the end result. Sanctification through repentance is the route that leads to holiness. We are made holy at regeneration, but unlike justification, conversion and regeneration that only occur once. Holiness by sanctification is progressive. If the process of sanctification is not present then neither is salvation.

"Search me, O Elohim, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting".

It is a work of trust.

Truster

PS

If you are struggling with what I'm saying then you must be a stranger to the experience.

Where I live I am surrounded by mountains. When people inform me that they've climbed a particular mountain I enter into a conversation expecting them to recognise routes, paths and dangers. They often betray that they haven't climbed the mountain by what they say.

Eagles Wings

PS

If you are struggling with what I'm saying then you must be a stranger to the experience.

Where I live I am surrounded by mountains. When people inform me that they've climbed a particular mountain I enter into a conversation expecting them to recognise routes, paths and dangers. They often betray that they haven't climbed the mountain by what they say.
What questions would you ask the afflicted person to be assured they were saved?

How do you know if any affliction is due to personal un-confessed sin, or that the regenerate live in a fallen world?

Truster

What questions would you ask the afflicted person to be assured they were saved?

How do you know if any affliction is due to personal un-confessed sin, or that the regenerate live in a fallen world?

I dwell in reality and don't enter into hypothetical questions.

Eagles Wings

I dwell in reality and don't enter into hypothetical questions.
I asked how you would discern if an affliction were due to sin, or due to living in a fallen world? There must be a set of criteria used to determine this, Truster.

I would like Scripture to support this, please.

Truster

I asked how you would discern if an affliction were due to sin, or due to living in a fallen world? There must be a set of criteria used to determine this, Truster.

I would like Scripture to support this, please.

If you want scripture go and find it. There is a scripture supporting my last remark.

Truster

Job rejoiced in the Lord giving and taking away.

If I truly believe in Romans 8:28, then a prolonged and even life-long afflication, would be for my good.

The most important thing anyone can do is to make sure your election and calling. Following on there needs be much assurance and in assurance is all comfort.

I was stopped in Town about 10 years ago by a guy with a clip board. He asked if I had any accidents in the last three years. My reply was it would be impossible for me to have an accident! He looked puzzled and asked why/how/what? I told him that I don't believe in accidents. That I trust that all things happen for a reason and the reason is purposed.

Whatever happens has a reason and I like to know why things happen.

Eagles Wings

The most important thing anyone can do is to make sure your election and calling. Following on there needs be much assurance and in assurance is all comfort.

I was stopped in Town about 10 years ago by a guy with a clip board. He asked if I had any accidents in the last three years. My reply was it would be impossible for me to have an accident! He looked puzzled and asked why/how/what? I told him that I don't believe in accidents. That I trust that all things happen for a reason and the reason is purposed.

Whatever happens has a reason and I like to know why things happen.
I agree.

For me, there is consolation and joy in knowing that I will know why in glory, if He does not show me in this life.

Truster

I was out for a walk earlier and I found myself praying that the Father would release the Son to bring time to an end. That The Son would rise from the throne of grace and bring in the conclusion all things.

It is now, more than ever before, my hope and fervent prayer that we shall soon see the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together, and every mountain and island being moved out of their places. And hear men cry out hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Come, Yah Shua come and put an end to history and time. Destroy Thine enemies and take us Thy sons away from sin and evil. Separate us from blasphemers and the irreverent who wickedly despise Thy Throne, Thy Rule and thy Truth. Shake the heavens and the earth as Thou hast so promised.

Amen.

God's Truth

Maybe the person should examine themselves and look at their heart. You telling people to mind their own business on a public site is a sign you are not all together right.