Spiritual CHAT: A PLACE TO EXPRESS SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The GOSPEL is the power of God unto salvation.... thus we believe unto righteousness.....by grace through faith. :thumb:

So your tapping into the Gospel powers, by the instrument of your human beliefs, gained you righteousness?

You think it is your exertion of power of faith, that earned the grace of God?

You have got it all wrong, kiddo . . .

God's Truth

So your tapping into the Gospel powers, by the instrument of your human beliefs, gained you righteousness?

You can't obey anyone for anything?

Do you need a special enabling to obey your boss, or the law?

glorydaz

No, I actually believe that the Gospel has the power to convince (persuade) man, just as God's words persuaded Abraham to believe, and it was accounted to him as righteousness. It's called faith which comes from hearing the Gospel preached.

Romans 4:21-25 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.​

I don't have to exert any power to see and believe it's raining outside. The rain speaks for itself. It's much harder to resist.....oh no, I'm not wet and shivering. ;)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, I actually believe that the Gospel has the power to convince (persuade) man, just as God's words persuaded Abraham to believe, and it was accounted to him as righteousness. It's called faith which comes from hearing the Gospel preached.
Romans 4:21-25 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.​

I don't have to exert any power to see and believe it's raining outside. The rain speaks for itself. It's much harder to resist.....oh no, I'm not wet and shivering. ;)
Great post glory, completely destroying Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You can't obey anyone for anything?

Do you need a special enabling to obey your boss, or the law?

Obedience and faith are distinct.

Faith produces obedience.

Obedience does not produce faith.

Why?

Saving faith comes only by the grace of God. It is the spiritual gift from Him that manifests in human obeisance and good works.

Such human goodness never achieves the spiritual. It is ONLY through the spiritual resurrection powers of God that such evidence of regeneration and salvation prove to be legitimate and saving to the soul.

God's Truth

Obedience and faith are distinct.

Faith produces obedience.

Obedience does not produce faith.

Why?

Saving faith comes only by the grace of God. It is the spiritual gift from Him that manifests in human obeisance and good works.

Such human goodness never achieves the spiritual. It is ONLY through the spiritual resurrection powers of God that such evidence of regeneration and salvation prove to be legitimate and saving to the soul.

Jesus says if someone does not believe, they can obey and then they will believe. See John 7:17. So you are wrong no matter how you try to spin it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

You have omitted the necessary work of the Holy Spirit in your superstitious evaluation of Gospel power.

Why do some hear the Gospel and trust unto salvation, but others hear the same message, but remain in their unbelief and sins? Why does the Gospel preached fail to save all?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You have omitted the necessary work of the Holy Spirit in your superstitious evaluation of Gospel power.

Why do some hear the Gospel and trust unto salvation, but others hear the same message, but remain in their unbelief and sins? Why does the Gospel preached fail to save all?
Because not all people believe, they choose not to.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus is claiming and validating His teaching as being from the Father and His doctrine as therefore being authoritative and so recognized by those who seek the glory of God, alone. Soli Deo Gloria!

John 7:16-18

Last edited: