How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Bard_the_Bowman

Your focus is solely on Christian living and what we 'do' to be acceptable in God's eyes. It is purely an external religion of works and deeds like the scribes and Pharisees had.

Not true.

My questions stem from your comment that God's love is given to repentant sinners. (post #20, I believe).

You are the one that brought up repentance, not me.

I am merely trying to understand what you mean by "faith alone" when it obviously isn't "alone".

Included with faith/belief is at least an element of repentance, and an element of forgiveness and forgiving.

Even though you won't answer questions directly, it seems "faith alone" so far means:

Faith/belief AND repentance AND forgiving AND....what else I wonder? Probably love, I bet, if we looked at it.

Peace.

Truster

The Gospel is Calvinism- there will never be a more complete, fulfilling doctrine than Calvinism. Stop trying :)

Heretic.

The evangelism (gospel) is the power of Elohim unto salvation. Calvinism is not the evangelism. You have highlighted your complete ignorance as to what evangelism means.

Truster

Calvinism defined, and continues to define, true Protestant belief; you're all the frauds, trying to be something you're not- have fun with that

You said that Calvinism IS the evangel and that is heresy. Any doctrine of man may well give an accurate definition of the doctrines of grace but that does not make it the evangel.
Pauls Epistle to the Romans is not the evangel and nobody, in their right mind, would say that it is. You go a step further into darkness by declaring the works of a man outside the canon of scripture is the evangel. If you are blind to this truth it is judicial blindness.

Epoisses

Not true.

My questions stem from your comment that God's love is given to repentant sinners. (post #20, I believe).

You are the one that brought up repentance, not me.

I am merely trying to understand what you mean by "faith alone" when it obviously isn't "alone".

Included with faith/belief is at least an element of repentance, and an element of forgiveness and forgiving.

Even though you won't answer questions directly, it seems "faith alone" so far means:

Faith/belief AND repentance AND forgiving AND....what else I wonder? Probably love, I bet, if we looked at it.

Peace.

Repentance is a gift so when I said God gives his love to repentant sinners it still falls within the happy and holy place of 'faith alone'.

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life - Acts.11:18

Repentance is granted or given not ached out by wearing the skin off your knees in faithless prayer that bounces off the ceiling.

Epoisses

The Gospel is Calvinism- there will never be a more complete, fulfilling doctrine than Calvinism. Stop trying :)

The Lutheran gospel is the true gospel and the primary difference between Calvinism and Lutheranism is that Lutherans confess that Christ died for the whole world and his blood is the propitiation for all sin. Their gospel is closer to Christ's where faith is all important and the possibility of falling away is very real. You can't honestly look at the wretches on this forum and say believers don't fall away from truth.

Truster

The Lutheran gospel is the true gospel and the primary difference between Calvinism and Lutheranism is that Lutherans confess that Christ died for the whole world and his blood is the propitiation for all sin. Their gospel is closer to Christ's where faith is all important and the possibility of falling away is very real. You can't honestly look at the wretches on this forum and say believers don't fall away from truth.

Your posts sicken me.

God's Truth

Luther and Calvin both taught falseness.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Robert,

Just curious as to what you think about something.

Does a person have to be forgiven of their sins to obtain salvation?

Thanks.

Peace.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13.

This is how it works.

The sinner hears and believes the Gospel, Romans 10:17. At that moment he receives the Holy Spirit and is born again, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23. God now sees the born again sinner as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is now his. In Jesus Christ he has been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Bard_the_Bowman

Repentance is a gift so when I said God gives his love to repentant sinners it still falls within the happy and holy place of 'faith alone'.

Wait. So when I ask about repentance and forgiveness you accuse me of focusing solely on Christian living and liken it to the scribes and Pharisees:

Your focus is solely on Christian living and what we 'do' to be acceptable in God's eyes. It is purely an external religion of works and deeds like the scribes and Pharisees had.

But when it is noted that you are the one who brought up repentance in the first place it is no longer that but it is simply talking about the "happy and holy place of faith alone"?

Seems like a bit of a double-standard right there.

At any rate, belief AND repentance AND love AND forgiving/forgiveness now all fall into the idea of "faith alone".

Ok. I have no problem with that.

That is exactly what I was talking about in my very first post to you on this topic (#18) where I said that depending on what is meant by "faith alone", Catholics and Protestants can agree.

What you mean by "faith alone" encompasses a lot. And it agrees quite well with Catholic teaching. There are other elements at play other than just belief/faith.

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life - Acts.11:18

Repentance is granted or given not ached out by wearing the skin off your knees in faithless prayer that bounces off the ceiling.

I agree that it is through God's grace that someone can repent. But it is still an act of the sinner's will. A person can choose to repent or choose to not repent. God doesn't force anyone either way.

I don't know where you got that idea for repentance....but you wouldn't object to someone wearing the skin off of their knees in faithful prayer to God, would you?

Peace.

God's Truth

I have the word of God, which is the Gospel. According to the Gospel you are not saved.

You didn't even know that Jesus' blood washes the repentant.

LOLLOLLOL but you want to be a teacher and judge who says I am not saved according to the gospel. LOL!

Epoisses

I agree that it is through God's grace that someone can repent. But it is still an act of the sinner's will. A person can choose to repent or choose to not repent. God doesn't force anyone either way.

I don't know where you got that idea for repentance....but you wouldn't object to someone wearing the skin off of their knees in faithful prayer to God, would you?

Peace.

There it is the all powerful free-will of man aka the Arminian battle cry. Under the new covenant God chooses and you are stuck with the results.

Bard_the_Bowman

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, Matthew 9:13.

This is how it works.

The sinner hears and believes the Gospel, Romans 10:17. At that moment he receives the Holy Spirit and is born again, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23. God now sees the born again sinner as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is now his. In Jesus Christ he has been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Hey Robert.

The reason I asked you if a person has to be forgiven of their sins to obtain salvation is because you posted earlier:

The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

I am just wondering, in your summary above of "faith in Christ and His Gospel", is there an implication in there of the sinner repenting of their sins and forgiving others as well?

I guess to put it more clearly, I am wondering if you believe that the sinner needs to repent, be forgiven and forgive others? Is that a part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is sortof implied in what you wrote above?

Thanks.

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

There it is the all powerful free-will of man aka the Arminian battle cry. Under the new covenant God chooses and you are stuck with the results.

Hmmm. Well, it is my understanding that even in the strictest Calvinist predestination way of thinking....that man's free will is left intact and that nobody is "stuck with the results".

If God chooses someone and they are stuck with the results....is "faith alone" (from our earlier conversation) even necessary?

Just curious.

Peace.