How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Epoisses

Oh please. I was merely agreeing with your post #20 where you state:

You clearly state that "works that justify...are those produced by love..." which "is a gift to repentant sinners."

So in your own words you have shown that you are not in the "faith alone" camp.

You are in the "faith and repentance" camp.

If my agreeing with what you stated is the ravings of a confused mind...what does that say about your mind?

Why are you avoiding my one question to you?

Can a person obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

I would appreciate your answer.

Obviously, your response in post #37 is an attempt to bail out of this conversation.

I won't push it. If you want to answer my one question above, great.

If not, ok. Bail out will be complete and this conversation can be over.

Peace to you either way.

You can't read properly because love is not something a sinner can produce. Acts of love that justify us are acts that God thru his Spirit does in and thru us.

Epoisses

That is the best response you could conceive?

Also, this statement makes no sense. "My faith is dead because my old man is still alive?" Please elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I've been down this road with you before and you don't believe so it's pointless to debate an inept buffoon like you.

Christians are justified by faith alone in Christ alone. You're not a Christian, just a poser.

jsanford108

I've been down this road with you before and you don't believe so it's pointless to debate an inept buffoon like you.

Christians are justified by faith alone in Christ alone. You're not a Christian, just a poser.

Now name calling? How Christian.

Your statement of "Christians are justified by faith alone in Christ alone," absent of Scriptural evidence, and contrary to what is found in Scripture demonstrates a knowledge that your doctrine is wanting.

Bard_the_Bowman

You can't read properly because love is not something a sinner can produce. Acts of love that justify us are acts that God thru his Spirit does in and thru us.

I think my ability to read is adequate.

And I agree with you.

The point is, however, that God works through repentant sinners. That is a point that you yourself made.

So according to your earlier post, repentance is necessary.

Or would you say that repentance is unnecessary??

Now, how about answering this please:

Peace.

Epoisses

I think my ability to read is adequate.

And I agree with you.

The point is, however, that God works through repentant sinners. That is a point that you yourself made.

So according to your earlier post, repentance is necessary.

Or would you say that repentance is unnecessary??

Now, how about answering this please:

Peace.

All of our sins have been forgiven in Christ.

jsanford108

It would require you to have a brain to understand.

Gnats have brains. It requires logic and intellect to make rational statements.

Luckily, Jaime explained it. It took way less effort for Jaime to simply state reason, than to throw out obscure phrases then avoid explaining them with petty insults.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God sees us as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

GT is trying to become perfect and complete in the flesh, instead of "In Christ".

God's Truth

No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God sees us as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

GT is trying to become perfect and complete in the flesh, instead of "In Christ".

Is that what you get out of Jesus' words?

God's Truth

The Bible plainly teaches that we are only righteous "In Christ" Romans 3:25,26. Christ is our righteousness.

Outside of Christ you are a sinner, Romans 3:10.

You are always boasting, Romans 3:27, 28.

We are only in Christ and Christ is only in us when we obey.

It is not wrong to obey Christ, no matter how much you try to say it is.

Go find out how much Paul boasted.

lifeisgood

So says the one who says:
Jesus is God.

Faith alone does not save it is dead.

====

The only one accusing the brethren of such libel is you, gt.

Yes, Paul BOASTED IN CHRIST, unlike you, gt, who boasts of obeying ALL of Jesus' commandments and who HAVE NEVER even OBEYED one TO BE SAVED. Not even you, oh, boastful, prideful one. Because when one asks you, gt, 'did you, gt, did you obeyed this commandment of Jesus?' What is your answer, gt? 'Oh, no that one commandment was not for me, but I, gt, boastfully, pridefully, presumptuously declare that I, gt, obey ALL of Jesus' commandments, but you guys don't.'

Robert Pate

Banned

Who is saying that it is wrong to obey Jesus?

You think that you are going to be saved by your obedience to the law. As long as you try to obey the law, you will be under the law and will eventually be judged by the law and condemned.

lifeisgood

The only way to watch your doctrine and stay out of false religions and denominations is to obey Jesus.

Just like you do, gt?

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We ALWAYS have to OBEY God ...We ALWAYS have to OBEY Jesus….........I, gt, OBEY ALL of Jesus' teachings....I, gt, FOLLOW ALL of Jesus teachings, EXACTLY as he says…..Faith is OBEYING EVERYTHING that Jesus says....I, gt, OBEY EVERYTHING Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

And then when asked to follow a particular teaching of Jesus, you, gt answering, 'Well, I gt, cannot do that one.' OK. Then, how about this one, gt? 'Hmmm. No, I, gt, cannot follow that one either.' OK. How about this one, then, gt? 'Sorry, no, cannot follow that one either.'

However, I, gt, demand that others follow my, gt, example.