How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

God's Truth

Who is saying that it is wrong to obey Jesus?

YOU DO! LOLLOLLOLLOL
Did you forget that?

So now you too are trying to resort to confusion to defend your lies.

I was waiting for that.

I put up with you calling me unsaved and an idiot for saying we have to obey.

And now we are back to the next thing you rely on, who says it is wrong to obey Jesus.

LOL YOU DO.

You think that you are going to be saved by your obedience to the law.

See, right there ^^^, you just spoke against obeying!
As long as you try to obey the law, you will be under the law and will eventually be judged by the law and condemned.

Obey the law of Christ or keep fighting him and see how that goes for you in the end.

God's Truth

So says the one who says:

====

The only one accusing the brethren of such libel is you, gt.

Yes, Paul BOASTED IN CHRIST, unlike you, gt, who boasts of obeying ALL of Jesus' commandments and who HAVE NEVER even OBEYED one TO BE SAVED. Not even you, oh, boastful, prideful one. Because when one asks you, gt, 'did you, gt, did you obeyed this commandment of Jesus?' What is your answer, gt? 'Oh, no that one commandment was not for me, but I, gt, boastfully, pridefully, presumptuously declare that I, gt, obey ALL of Jesus' commandments, but you guys don't.'

Paul boasted in his obedience and in the obedience of others. He probably had those in falseness like you who said he was boasting about obeying, so he did and shuts you all up.

It. is. not. wrong. to. obey. Jesus. and. you. cannot. shame. people. who. do.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul boasted in his obedience and in the obedience of others. He probably had those in falseness like you who said he was boasting about obeying, so he did and shuts you all up.

It. is. not. wrong. to. obey. Jesus. and. you. cannot. shame. people. who. do.

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.

You are in denial that you need to be justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

Jesus is the one that makes us right with God, not ourselves.

God's Truth

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.

You are in denial that you need to be justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

Jesus makes right who obey him.

God's Truth

Can people believe what Robert Pate preaches?

You can't obey and believe, you cannot fear God, you cannot obey Jesus and admit you are a sinner, you cannot repent of your sins, and you cannot forgive others.

How do you ever get that? Why don't you try it?

Bard_the_Bowman

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.]

Not true, Robert.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thess. 1:8 KJV)

" Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you." (Romans 6:16-17 KJV)

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

I don't think God's Truth is in denial of that. Not at all. All Christians know that it is only because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross that any human can be saved.

What God's Truth is doing is accepting that AND accepting the rest of God's word spoken to us in the Scriptures which clearly calls for obedience to Jesus.

Paul's letter to the Romans, for example, is sandwiched between what he calls the "obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5 and Romans 16:26)

Why do you ignore those Scripture verses?

Amen. AND Jesus, as Lord, expects things of us.

Peace.

God's Truth

Not true, Robert.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thess. 1:8 KJV)

" Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you." (Romans 6:16-17 KJV)

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

I don't think God's Truth is in denial of that. Not at all. All Christians know that it is only because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross that any human can be saved.

What God's Truth is doing is accepting that AND accepting the rest of God's word spoken to us in the Scriptures which clearly calls for obedience to Jesus.

Paul's letter to the Romans, for example, is sandwiched between what he calls the "obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5 and Romans 16:26)

Why do you ignore those Scripture verses?

Amen. AND Jesus, as Lord, expects things of us.

Peace.

Amen.

God's Truth

The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Robert Pate

Banned
These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

A work of the law is any religious thing that you do. The law is also spiritual, it searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Epoisses

That doesn't answer my question.

Can a person obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

Peace.

I try not to answer stupid questions because the stupidity often rubs off on me and I become more stupid in the exchange. It's just a vicious circle.

There are no degrees or steps in forgiveness. You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance.

Nanja

Any religious thing you do? You mean like abstaining from evil?

You are more lost that I thought.

Yeah, before a person is Born of the Spirit, any attempt to do any righteousness whatsoever is a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:7-8!

Bard_the_Bowman

I try not to answer stupid questions because the stupidity often rubs off on me and I become more stupid in the exchange. It's just a vicious circle.

There are no degrees or steps in forgiveness. You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance.

No need to get testy, man. It is just a question.

But that's ok. Even though you don't want to answer it directly, you answered it indirectly when you said:

"You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance."

So when you speak of "faith alone" you obviously mean "faith and repentance". (The opposite of unbelief and unrepentance).

That's cool. I agree with you that faith is necessary and that repentance is necessary. So we need to have belief and we need to be forgiven.

Here's another question I would like you to answer please. Hopefully it isn't quite as stupid as my last question:

Is it necessary for Christians to forgive others?

Peace.

Epoisses

No need to get testy, man. It is just a question.

But that's ok. Even though you don't want to answer it directly, you answered it indirectly when you said:

"You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance."

So when you speak of "faith alone" you obviously mean "faith and repentance". (The opposite of unbelief and unrepentance).

That's cool. I agree with you that faith is necessary and that repentance is necessary. So we need to have belief and we need to be forgiven.

Here's another question I would like you to answer please. Hopefully it isn't quite as stupid as my last question:

Is it necessary for Christians to forgive others?

Peace.

Is it necessary for Protestants to believe in sola fide? Yes, otherwise you are Catholic or Orthodox.

Bard_the_Bowman

Is it necessary for Protestants to believe in sola fide? Yes, otherwise you are Catholic or Orthodox.

Wait, so you are saying that the reason to believe in sola fide is so that one can keep being a Protestant? Umm, ok, I guess.

Although as I mentioned back in post #18, I think, Catholics and Protestants can be in agreement on sola fide depending on what is meant by that. For example, from what you have written, you believe there to be an element of faith AND an element of repentance on the part of the sinner. So your idea of "faith alone" includes faith AND repentance. That is fine if that is what you mean by "faith alone"...but just so you know...that puts you very much in line with Catholic teaching.

Why didn't you answer my question about Christians and if they need to forgive others?

I would be curious to see how you answer that. There is nothing to fear with a straightforward answer.

I suspect we might find out that your idea of "faith alone" is even more in line with Catholic teaching than you think.

You know, Catholics and Protestants hold much in common and that is ok.

Peace.

Epoisses

Wait, so you are saying that the reason to believe in sola fide is so that one can keep being a Protestant? Umm, ok, I guess.

Although as I mentioned back in post #18, I think, Catholics and Protestants can be in agreement on sola fide depending on what is meant by that. For example, from what you have written, you believe there to be an element of faith AND an element of repentance on the part of the sinner. So your idea of "faith alone" includes faith AND repentance. That is fine if that is what you mean by "faith alone"...but just so you know...that puts you very much in line with Catholic teaching.

Why didn't you answer my question about Christians and if they need to forgive others?

I would be curious to see how you answer that. There is nothing to fear with a straightforward answer.

I suspect we might find out that your idea of "faith alone" is even more in line with Catholic teaching than you think.

You know, Catholics and Protestants hold much in common and that is ok.

Peace.

Your focus is solely on Christian living and what we 'do' to be acceptable in God's eyes. It is purely an external religion of works and deeds like the scribes and Pharisees had.