Calvinism and the word "Predestination"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvinism and the word "Predestination"

The word "Predestinate" or "Predestinated" only appears in the New Testament 4 times and is not found in the Old Testament at all. In Strong's Concordance it is word #G4309. In the Greek it means to, determine before, ordain, predestinate. In the English it means to foreordain by divine decree or purpose.

Predestinate: Romans 8:29, 30.
    Predestinated: Ephesians 1:5 also Ephesians 1:11.

Here is how the words "Predestinate" and "Predestinated are used in scripture. I have isolated the words "predestinate" and "predestinated" so as to get a better understanding of what the writer was really trying to say in these scriptures

"Predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son" Romans 8:29.
    "Whom he did predestinate them he also called" Romans 8:30.
    "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ" Ephesians 1:5.
    "Being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will" Ephesians 1:11.

No where in the Bible does it say that God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. The reason that there is no scripture that says that is because that is not what God does. It is not wise to take a few scriptures and try to build a doctrine to try and prove that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. Why are the words "predestinate"and "predestinated" not found in the Old Testament? It was God's plan for his people that certain things would take place for them.

1. They were to be conformed to the image of his Son Jesus Christ.
    2. They were to be called by the Holy Spirit.
    3. They were to become the adopted children of Jesus Christ.
    4. Everything would be according to the purpose of God's will.

This was God's plan and will for all that would receive Jesus Christ as their savior from the foundation of the world. God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, All of humanity has been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith, Salvation is a free gift from God, Romans 5:18. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith.

It means pre planning

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
      The word "Predestinate" or "Predestinated" only appears in the New Testament 4 times and is not found in the Old Testament at all. In Strong's Concordance it is word #G4309. In the Greek it means to, determine before, ordain, predestinate. In the English it means to foreordain by divine decree or purpose.

Predestinate: Romans 8:29, 30.
      Predestinated: Ephesians 1:5 also Ephesians 1:11.

Here is how the words "Predestinate" and "Predestinated are used in scripture. I have isolated the words "predestinate" and "predestinated" so as to get a better understanding of what the writer was really trying to say in these scriptures

"Predestinated to be conformed to the image of his Son" Romans 8:29.
      "Whom he did predestinate them he also called" Romans 8:30.
      "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ" Ephesians 1:5.
      "Being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will" Ephesians 1:11.

No where in the Bible does it say that God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. The reason that there is no scripture that says that is because that is not what God does. It is not wise to take a few scriptures and try to build a doctrine to try and prove that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell. Why are the words "predestinate"and "predestinated" not found in the Old Testament? It was God's plan for his people that certain things would take place for them.

1. They were to be conformed to the image of his Son Jesus Christ.
      2. They were to be called by the Holy Spirit.
      3. They were to become the adopted children of Jesus Christ.
      4. Everything would be according to the purpose of God's will.

This was God's plan and will for all that would receive Jesus Christ as their savior from the foundation of the world. God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, All of humanity has been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith, Salvation is a free gift from God, Romans 5:18. But nothing is ours until it is received by faith.
      If its true there is freewill we can be pre-chosen to be conformed to the image of Christ, but also chosen to have the freedom to reach God's preferred destiny or not.
      Romans 11:32
      "For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all."

All who choose to turn to him in humble faith.

Comment

pate

The word "Predestinate" or "Predestinated" only appears in the New Testament 4 times and is not found in the Old Testament at all.
        And thats 4 times your unbelief is condemned !
        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
          pate

And thats 4 times your unbelief is condemned !
          When you should have faith in Christ and his great free gift of salvation, instead you have faith in the words of a heretic. John Calvin is your Jesus.

Comment

The English word predestine does not convey the same as the verb proorizo does. Predetermine does and means to determine prior to occurrence.
            I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
            A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
            If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

When you should have faith in Christ and his great free gift of salvation, instead you have faith in the words of a heretic. John Calvin is your Jesus.
              Each time you read the word predestination in scripture, Gods Word, it increases the condemnation of your unbelief. You would have been better served if the word wasn't found in scripture at all, rather than four times !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

You lack Faith in Christ since you don't believe that His Blood saved them it was shed for.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                  You lack Faith in Christ since you don't believe that His Blood saved them it was shed for.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

Only a blind fool would believe otherwise.

Comment

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

Did God pre plan that Jesus would shed His blood for the sins of the whole world? Yes.

Comment

Whoever Christ shed His Blood for you don't believe it saved them.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by intojoy View Post
                        Did God pre plan that Jesus would shed His blood for the sins of the whole world? Yes.

That was God's plan from the foundation of the world, Revelation 13:8.

Comment

False statement !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Then you were preplanned to accept God and enabled

Comment

Originally posted by intojoy View Post
                              Then you were preplanned to accept God and enabled

If that were true, then God preplanned that many would perish, making him unjust.

Comment

Working...
                              X