God says that He is not a Trinity

oatmeal

God created animals but they are not a reproduction of him, they are not in his likeness or image.

A son is a reproduction of his parents.

Jesus had a Spirit father and a Spirit mother and Jesus was born of the Spirit.

Reproduction takes two.

Mary was not a spirit being, she was human.

She is now a dead human and will remain so until Jesus Christ returns as in I Thessalonians 4:13-18

oatmeal

Adam was human and his children were human.

Like father, like children.

You seem to forget that God is able of these stones to make children of Abraham

So answer this, should God make children of Abraham out of stones, would they be children of Abraham or stones?

Matthew 3:9

And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

oatmeal

"Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.'"

One of us implies more than one person.

Us? Who are these?

Did angels exist at that time?

Did they know the difference betweeen good and evil or were they ignorant of such matters?

oatmeal

Elohiym is a title, it is not a name. Even the people in heaven are called elohiym.

Yes, indeed, that is the best way to look at it in its general usage.

Elohiym is used in reference to the Creator as well as humans, one who is named is Moses, in Exodus 7:1 KJV.

Right Divider

Body part
Someone you bow down to and worship.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:10-11
I guess that all of these unbelieving heretics don't even know what scripture Paul was quoting when he made this statement about the LORD Jesus Christ.

Isa 45:22-23 (KJV)
(45:22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

That is WHO the LORD Jesus Christ is.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mary was not a spirit being, she was human.

What does Mary have to do with spirit birth?

Natural birth requires a father and a mother.

Spirit birth requires a father and a mother.

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Paul)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You seem to forget that God is able of these stones to make children of Abraham

So answer this, should God make children of Abraham out of stones, would they be children of Abraham or stones?

Both.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
This thread is about what God says in the bible.
Do you think that God speaks in the New Testament? There are a lot of words in the New Testament that talk about equality and distinction, sameness and distinction, between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. A lot.

CherubRam

Do you think that God speaks in the New Testament? There are a lot of words in the New Testament that talk about equality and distinction, sameness and distinction, between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. A lot.

Holy Spirit is a title for the Father, Yahwah. Similarities do not make a Trinity.

beameup

Dear Dimwit, please study the word "elohiym."

Elohim is a NOUN, dunce. :dunce:
:mock: What, is English your "second language"?

Elohim has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the elohim he holds judgment:
- Psalm 82:1 ESV

אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym
noun
a name for God used frequently in the Hebrew Bible.

oatmeal

What does Mary have to do with spirit birth?

"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free." (Paul)

Would you show me the scripture that tells us that

For that matter could you show us what scripture tells us that

Since God is able of stones to make children of Abraham, who is their father and who is their mother?