Concealing the name of God

Truster

It wasn't the scribes or the translators that hid the only Name that can save. It was hidden by the Eternal Almighty.

How can a man call upon a name he doesn't know.

CherubRam

YahCapture_zps37a99887.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

KingdomRose

The point is that there is no one by the name of Jehovah.

My name in English is "Pamela." In a country where Spanish is spoken they pronounce my name "Pa-MELLA." In China they would pronounce it some other way. In ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs it is something else. Does that mean that Pa-mella or Ching-tse-ou doesn't exist?

KingdomRose

I enjoyed reading your conclusions. I agree that God Almighty certainly revealed his chosen name. I believe that mankind began to conceal his name due to fear. I also believe that knowing his chosen name is very important to understanding who the Father and the Son are. Now, whether it is written in the Jewish language as YHWH or in King James English as LORD it still reveals the same truths about who the Father and Son are.

Several quotes for you:
Exodus 3:13-1
13 And Moses said unto God, "Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you;" and they shall say to me, 'What is his name?' "What shall I say unto them?"
14 And God said unto Moses, "I AM THAT I AM:" and he said, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham; the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me (Moses) unto you. This (The LORD God or YHWH of ... A, I, J) is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

IOW, LORD God or YHWH is God chosen name.

Then God says to Isaiah:
Isaiah 42:8 I AM the LORD/YHWH: that is my name and my glory will I not give to anotehr, neither my praise to graven images.
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am The LORD; and beside ME there is no savior.
My interpretation: I (The LORD God of A,I,J), am The LORD; and beside ME (as The LORD of...)there is no savior.

My conclusions are drawn after reading what Jesus said about himself:
John 13:13
Ye (my disciples) call me (Jesus) Master and Lord: and ye say well, for so I AM.

My conclusions:
I believed the name Lord had become trivialized over generations to mean a person in some sort of authority position and this was probably used by the disciples in that way; yet, I believe that Jesus understood that it was originally The Chosen Name of God. With his full knowledge Jesus said they were right to call him LORD

Now, if The LORD God Almighty professed in the OT to be the only Savior ... and that his chosen name is LORD/YHWY, and if Jesus then professed in the NT that he also Lord of his disciples, then I believe that our Lord Jesus was the LORD God come as the Savior. IOW ... equal.

Now, knowing about the name of God helps us begin to understand the trinity ... at least, the Father, who worked in times past, and the Savior Son Lord Jesus, who worked in his day.
John 5:17
My Father worketh hitherto (in the past), and I work (now).

John 10:30 The Father and I are one.
(IOW, the one God was ultimately seen by men as two personages, who were both The one Lord God.

You say that "Lord" is God's name? LOL! Any one who has done any studying at all knows that "Lord" was substituted for the name of God by men who wanted to obscure the real name. YHWH is in the Bible in Hebrew more than 7,000 times. Wherever "Lord" in upper-case letters appears, you know that is where "YHWH" is written in the original language. Because "Lord" has replaced the name of God (YHWH), people are confused as to which "Lord" is being referred to in the scriptures. YHWH is DISTINCT FROM Jesus Christ. They are not the same "Lord."

"My Father and I are one" simply means that the two AGREE. The are unified. In John 17:20-23 you can see that Jesus' DISCIPLES are also "one" with the Father and with Jesus. Are they also "the one Lord God"?

KingdomRose

The name Jehovah and Jesus are recent man-made inventions. There are no Havenly persons by those names.

But when we use those names people know who we are referring to. There are different pronunciations for ALL names, depending on what language one speaks.

CherubRam

But when we use those names people know who we are referring to. There are different pronunciations for ALL names, depending on what language one speaks.

The names Jehovah and Jesus are actually insults, that is why I do not like to use them.

The term is now recognized by all proficient Bible scholars to be a late hybrid form, a translation error, that was never used by the Jews.
Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary:
“Jehovah — False reading of the Hebrew YAHWEH.” (“Jehovah,” Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1973 ed.)
Encyclopedia Americana:
“Jehovah — erroneous form of the name of the G-d of Israel.” (Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 16., 1972 ed.)
Encyclopedia Britannica:
“The Masoretes who from the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of Adonai or Elohim. Thus the artificial name Jehovah came into being.” (“Yahweh,” The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 12, 1993 ed.)
The Jewish Encyclopedia:
“Jehovah — a mispronunciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of G-d. This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.” (“Jehovah,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, vol. 7, 1904 ed.)
The New Jewish Encyclopedia:
“It is clear that the word Jehovah is an artificial composite.” (“Jehovah,” The New Jewish Encyclopedia, 1962 ed.)

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]History of the name Jesus: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The English form "Jesus" was not seen nor spoken until after the year 1525,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]when Sir William Tyndale, a Protestant Reformer from Oxford, England; invented it. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Yahshua worked to fulfill prophecy by establishing God's Holy Name in the New Testament. But Trinitarian Christians burned the originals to establish their own version of scriptures. If this is not true, then show me God's actual personal name in the New Testament.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

[/FONT]

CherubRam

The people of God call upon His name, and those who are not His people do not call upon His name.

Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahwah is our God.’”