Spirit (heart) and soul.

Truster

Like his Maker man is triune. Body, soul and spirit. We have no need to give any detail as the the structure nor purpose of the body, but there is a great deal of ignorance and sometimes just confusion as to the terms heart and soul. That each would have a function is obvious.(HT)

The human spirit is the centre of the mental attributes; the will, memory, thought process, including, but not limited to wisdom’ knowledge, prophesy. All Messianists are born of and have the Holy Spirit, but not all are filled with the Holy Spirit.(HJ)

The soul, psyche, is the centre of the emotional attributes. The soul of the flesh is in the blood.

Heart is the blood pump or symbolically the centre of the will. Where the mental attributes stem from.

The emotions or the soul is always affected by the spirit at work in a person.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in Elohim: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

The soul being cast down is the work of the emotion. The hope is the exercise of the spirit. The operation of the spirit affects the emotions.(HT)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trichotomous View of Man Leads to Heresy

Trichotomous View of Man Leads to Heresy

Like his Maker man is triune. Body, soul and spirit.
Trichotomy is the slippery slope to all manner of heresy. :AMR:

"It is also no accident that the Gnostic impulse, now so rampant in the quest for spirituality, finds a ready-made beachhead into evangelical circles through the trichotomist view of human nature."

View attachment 24816

AMR

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like his Maker man is triune. Body, soul and spirit. We have no need to give any detail as the the structure nor purpose of the body, but there is a great deal of ignorance and sometimes just confusion as to the terms heart and soul. That each would have a function is obvious.(HT)

The human spirit is the centre of the mental attributes; the will, memory, thought process, including, but not limited to wisdom’ knowledge, prophesy. All Messianists are born of and have the Holy Spirit, but not all are filled with the Holy Spirit.(HJ)

The soul, psyche, is the centre of the emotional attributes. The soul of the flesh is in the blood.

Heart is the blood pump or symbolically the centre of the will. Where the mental attributes stem from.

The emotions or the soul is always affected by the spirit at work in a person.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in Elohim: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."

The soul being cast down is the work of the emotion. The hope is the exercise of the spirit. The operation of the spirit affects the emotions.(HT)

Dear Truster,

Don't you know how to stay out of trouble with your 'hairy' beliefs?! See Matt. 3:11-16KJV. It tells you clearly that the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost are the SAME! Do you actually like to risk blasphemy of the Holy Ghost?! See Matt. 12:31KJV! Jesus spoke to man saying, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." I truly suggest that you read Matt. 12:32KJV also! You think it is okay because you like to be called a "Messianist OR believe that a man is triune?!"

I have been filled by the Holy Ghost twice. It is a glorious additional visit from the gift of God of a rushing of the Holy Ghost into your mind and soul to those whom He Will, to strengthen and enlighten them, and guide them to greater things. It is not a Spirit that all men have in their hearts, souls or body's. See Acts 2:4KJV, "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost... as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Truster, do not take it upon yourself to mislead many because of some cockamamie story about the Holy Ghost/ Holy Spirit {they are the same} that you have devised. You have not been filled with the Holy Ghost, so why do you say anything about what you don't really know? You are full of lies that you give to others as the truth. If I had not been filled with the Holy Spirit myself, I would not be able to answer you because ALL OF US KNOW to keep quiet about the Holy Ghost unless you KNOW what you are talking about. Others cannot engage with you in this matter, because we know not to speak lies about the Holy Spirit." It is sent to a man, not something each man has in his soul already.

You are sadly mistaken. Just as you are thinking that you are saved without works. All men know those of God by the works and fruits of their giving. I know you are all hyped up on man is not saved by works, but instead by the salvation of Jesus. But there is more to consider, as follows. Jesus had two most important works/ commandments He told us to keep. In other words, two 'works' to keep, those being, "Love the Lord God with all thine heart, and soul, and mind." and "Love thy neighbor as thyself." If you keep these two works or commandments, the others will become your goal also: {See Matt. 22:37-40KJV}. You are a fountain of misinformation and you have to nip it in the bud. Don't speak for God unless He's given you words to speak divinely.

How will you know? You will hear Him and His voice is Unmistakable!!! Like nothing YOU'VE ever heard so far, so quit misleading everyone on this TOL website!!! You are NOT one of the 7,000 men that God has selected among all men. You must realize that God selected 7,000 men from each tribe of Israel, and that being "144,000 MEN which were redeemed from the Earth. That means no WOMEN! It means those 144,000 who are VIRGINS with Women, {see Rev. 14:3-4KJV}. You are barking up the wrong tree. Quit spreading lies, especially of the Holy Spirit/ Holy Ghost!!

Open your Bible and READ, and STUDY!! I know you do not know the song that these 144,000 have learned and know, so go your own way, for you listen to Satan, not God!! QUIT Misleading other impressionable minds here on TOL, for you will pay otherwise. END IT NOW!!

You Deserve Admonishment Definitely!!!

Michael

Last edited:

Truster

Trichotomy is the slippery slope to all manner of heresy. :AMR:

"It is also no accident that the Gnostic impulse, now so rampant in the quest for spirituality, finds a ready-made beachhead into evangelical circles through the trichotomist view of human nature."

View attachment 24816

AMR

A slippery slope to the heresy that Paul went on?:

1 Thessalonians 5:23 - And the very Elohim of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Answering the statement and not the person, obviously.