The new evangelism (gospel)

Truster

OP
By grace are ye saved through trust, as long as man agrees to be saved.

The verse of course reads:
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of Elohim: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace has no need for permission. Grace is bestowed. Grace cannot be rejected. Grace overwhelms with love. Grace means the action of a superior to an inferior who has no real claim for gracious treatment. Because there is no claim upon grace the sinner is atheist and in the world without hope until he unexpectedly becomes a recipient of grace.

In the provision of grace there is nothing in the imagination of man that could possibly prepare him for how he will feel.​

Last edited:

Truster

And what if man agrees and Satan refuses to let the man go? Does Satan need to be consulted as well? Does Satan need to agree?

popsthebuilder

And what if man agrees and Satan refuses to let the man go? Does Satan need to be consulted as well? Does Satan need to agree?
I thought Satan had to be cut loose or separated from. I don't know that I would call it consulting though.

What do you mean exactly?

We cannot serve two masters. Right?
With that in mind I would have to say that satan need not be consulted. Would you agree?

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

So did you change your mind on your early statements here?

How can a man who was gloriously saved through no desire of his own ever turn his back on reality? I saw my wretchedness and although I knew about salvation. I didn't think I could be saved. I didn't think that all my sins could be forgiven. I was proven wrong.

glorydaz

That is as big a lie as Satan ever came up with and I'm absolutely positive you actually spread that lie.

Yeah, I figured you would be easily offended, but I gave you a chance....and for one reason only. Your testimony was so like my own. You shouldn't be so easily offended. It's a sign of immaturity.

I spread the message of salvation....I'm surprised you don't recognize it.

glorydaz

How can a man who was gloriously saved through no desire of his own ever turn his back on reality? I saw my wretchedness and although I knew about salvation. I didn't think I could be saved. I didn't think that all my sins could be forgiven. I was proven wrong.

Ha...you were persuaded. Just admit it.

Truster

Does 'agree' mean agree that he needs justification from his sins?

When someone uses a word such as justification in sentence we can tell whether the man understands what the word means.

Man is not justified from his sins. Justification is a legal process and not a sanctifying process. In justification it is the sinner who is dealt with and not the sins. The sinner is declared not guilty due to the trust of Messiah and the imputation of His justness, hence justification. The cleansing from sin is in the washing of regeneration. Justification takes place in eternity the washing of regeneration in time, in the guilty sinner. In the self-justifying sinner who thinks they are already saved the transformation is incredible. One of shock and one of absolute insistence that they were converted in an instant and that they didn't ask, want nor desire, because they always thought they were saved. This happened in Swansea a few years ago. I wasn't there, but received a first hand account of it.

Truster

Ha...you were persuaded. Just admit it.

The self same spirit that worked on Eve. Was in the wilderness working on Messiah and was in the despising mockers at His trial is most certainly at work in you. I am surely blessed by this as you conform exactly to the influence of the lamb that speaks like a dragon. Horns like a lamb in pretence of piety, but speaks like a dragon.

Truster

Yeah, I figured you would be easily offended, but I gave you a chance....and for one reason only. Your testimony was so like my own. You shouldn't be so easily offended. It's a sign of immaturity.

I spread the message of salvation....I'm surprised you don't recognize it.

You knew what you were doing and tempted my to stumble. Go and order that millstone.

glorydaz

You knew what you were doing and tempted my to stumble. Go and order that millstone.

Wrong, you stumbled when I pointed out your error about 1 Peter. You couldn't stand being corrected on the open forum. Now, in your fury at being corrected, your anger needs a victim. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the victim type.

Truster

Wrong, you stumbled when I pointed out your error about 1 Peter. You couldn't stand being corrected on the open forum. Now, in your fury at being corrected, your anger needs a victim. Unfortunately for you, I'm not the victim type.

You are stark raving bonkers if you think for a single moment it was that which offended me. I was deeply offended at being called a calvinist, because calvinists are under law. Your suggestion was worse than any insult you can throw at a man who is saved by grace. To insinuate he is being saved by observance of the law. In doing so you despise the Spirit of grace.