The new evangelism (gospel)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I posted this to show how ridiculous your doctrine is. Why are you suddenly using foul language Roberto? That evil spirit manifesting!
He meant is in the same way as one might say, "fooling around with the scriptures", and I believe you know this.

Trying to get another member banned, because yo have taken a dislike towards him, is likely to get you banned.

Truster

He meant is in the same way as one might say, "fooling around with the scriptures", and I believe you know this.

Trying to get another member banned, because yo have taken a dislike towards him, is likely to get you banned.

Trying to get him banned? What I was actually doing was bringing your attention to foul language being used. If you don't find it offensive that is you decision, but I do find it offensive.
I don't live in america and just as I was once banned for using an unoffensive word in the UK it was offensive in the states.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trying to get him banned? What I was actually doing was bringing your attention to foul language being used. If you don't find it offensive that is you decision, but I do find it offensive.
I don't live in america and just as I was once banned for using an unoffensive word in the UK it was offensive in the states.

If that is the case, then stating to Robert Pate "please use a different word", so as not to offend Truster, is enough. TOL is in the USA, btw.

Epoisses

I hope you get banned because you pervert the gospel with your warped Reformed understanding that denies the blood of Christ and then for pretense you claim holiness by rejecting all works. Delusioned English who worships the French Calvin and can't admit it.

Truster

I hope you get banned because you pervert the gospel with your warped Reformed understanding that denies the blood of Christ and then for pretense you claim holiness by rejecting all works. Delusioned English who worships the French Calvin and can't admit it.

I was banned from the BBC Christian forum for speaking the truth in regard to Homosexuals and then it was closed down. I was banned from the Jesus Army forum for speaking the truth about homosexuals. I have been banned from two UK newspaper websites for the same. There is a possibility I could be incarcerated for doing so. Ask me if I'm bothered.

Epoisses

I was banned from the BBC Christian forum for speaking the truth in regard to Homosexuals and then it was closed down. I was banned from the Jesus Army forum for speaking the truth about homosexuals. I have been banned from two UK newspaper websites for the same. There is a possibility I could be incarcerated for doing so. Ask me if I'm bothered.

I hope you get arrested and they put you in jail with English Bubba and he whispers into your ear very softly - Tell me about the ancient Christian tradition of the holy kiss!

Truster

I hope you get arrested and they put you in jail with English Bubba and he whispers into your ear very softly - Tell me about the ancient Christian tradition of the holy kiss!

You will have eternity to regret these thoughts you're having.

glorydaz

No...it is you who are wrong...go back to verses in question. Though we are all sinners, we all have the capacity for salvation given freely by the self sacrifice, teachings, and example of the Christ, that though we be dead in sin, we can be born again into life, by following and serving Him.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

One is saved by grace through faith....period. And that can't be done while preaching a false gospel of works and self effort.

Truster

I'm just joking, lighten up. Come over the pond and we'll go to Colorado where the law is trampled in the streets. The Amsterdam of the USA.

I wouldn't wish to spend a single minute in your company. People like you are just tolerated. Barely.

glorydaz

How does God justly condemn unbelief as a choice if He's the ultimate reason people can't believe?

Paul answered this objection in Romans and did so by the revelation given to Moses.

Romans 9:15

Exodus 33:19

That is an answer, but it isn't the correct answer. Read the OT and you'll see mercy is given to those who turn from their evil ways, and wrath is against those who refuse to turn. God never does anything without a reason. What you're suggesting is exactly what the Calvinists (sorry to say) claim...that God is arbitrary in his dealings with man.

glorydaz

How does God justly condemn unbelief as a choice if He's the ultimate reason people can't believe?

Just stating the end logic of your position.

It's one they don't like to admit. It's just chalked up by them to God's sovereignty. Man is always claiming God's ways are not equal, and He keeps insisting that's untrue.

Ezek. 33:17-20 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal. When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby. But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.​

He is never arbitrary in His dealings with man.

john w

Hall of Fame
To distinguish between the true and the counterfeit is bring it to the Light of Truth.

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the trust; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Yah Shua is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Most cults teach that simply believing in Jesus is enough. Paul says you must test yourself to make sure He is in you. The difference between accepting the historical Messiah and having Him in you.

The counterfeit says don't worry. Don't study. Don't make sure. Don't listen to him he just lies to his own advantage.

The real says, test yourself, take great pains to ensure accuracy and truth of doctrine, test the spirits, judge all things, be on your guard, make you calling and election sure, beware of dogs...

One more time, as the wolves like Tupper, assert that 2 Cor. 13:5 KJV is Paul's warning, to check to see if you are saved. That is, the most carnal bunch of Christians, should examine themselves, to see if they "passed the test." No, when Paul told them to “examine” themselves, he was only arguing, in defense of his apostleship, which was constantly being questioned-he was confronting his critics,responding to those who would "check him out"/question him/examine him.....

1 Cor. 9 KJV
1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? 2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,

The context of 2 Cor. 13:5 KJV was not doubting the carnal Corinthians' salvation-he always referred to them as "saints." He wrote the passage, because they were questioning his authority/apostleship....

2 Cor. 13 KJV
3 since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

You left out the verses that proceed 2 Cor. 13:5 KJV.

Thus, Paul's point is that if they were “in the faith,” it proved the proof that he was an apostle, for he was the one that led them to the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 9 KJV

2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

Thus, since these carnal Corinthians were “in the Lord” and “in the faith,” was the evidence of his apostleship-2 Cor. 13:3 KJV, removing the/their doubt.

That is the context.

glorydaz

Galatians 2:16

OF

Paul is very careful with his words. In the first chapter of Romans, he speaks of our faith in Christ and His faith that gives life. "From faith to faith"....

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.​

Gal. 2:21-24 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.​

Abraham's believed God and it was counted for righteousness. God doesn't believe for us.