Is Elohim "nice"?

Truster

If Elohim was nice Genesis 1:4 might have stated:

And Elohim saw the light that was "nice".

Genesis 1:10 would have stated and Elohim saw that it was "nice".

Truster

PS

I was once told by one of my lectures that you can gauge the depth on a persons understanding by the questions they ask. If understanding was water you'd be described as, damp.

beameup

Is Elohim "nice"?
Nice, as mankind imagines someone nice, would conduct himself.
Huh? :confused:

I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7
Maybe it would help if you consulted a Bible...

Truster

PS Paul uses it, but there again, that would explain why you don't understand the scriptures...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
NO!

God is kind but He most certainly is not nice.

God does not compromise, He does not waver, He does not give in. He is a Rock that will not hesitate to crush you into powder. (Matt. 21:44)

Truster

NO!

God is kind but He most certainly is not nice.

God does not compromise, He does not waver, He does not give in. He is a Rock that will not hesitate to crush you into powder. (Matt. 21:44)

In the case of the elect He crushed His Son in our* stead.

Our* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
In the case of the elect He crushed His Son in our* stead.

Our* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.
Calvinism is stupidity but ignoring that for the moment...

There is no doubt that His Kindness and Mercy is beyond measure. But He is NOT nice. Not, at least, in the sense of being pleasant for the sake of being pleasant.

I have no doubt at all that God is fun to be around and would make enjoyable, engaging, polite and uplifting company but only if you are righteous and know your place. God is not your buddy. He's your God and your King. Cross Him at risk to your very soul.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Truster

Calvinism is stupidity but ignoring that for the moment...

There is no doubt that His Kindness and Mercy is beyond measure. But He is NOT nice. Not, at least, in the sense of being pleasant for the sake of being pleasant.

I have no doubt at all that God is fun to be around and would make enjoyable, engaging, polite and uplifting company but only if you are righteous and know your place. God is not your buddy. He's your God and your King. Cross Him at risk to your very soul.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I agree calvinism is stupidity.

Election however is a Biblical teaching.

ttruscott

Huh? :confused:

I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7
Maybe it would help if you consulted a Bible...

Evil is wrongly interpreted as moral evil in this verse because...1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. When we strike a match and see darkness come out and fill the room, we can believe darkness and other metaphors for moral evil can come from HIM.

beameup

Evil is wrongly interpreted as moral evil in this verse because...1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. When we strike a match and see darkness come out and fill the room, we can believe darkness and other metaphors for moral evil can come from HIM.

The more accurate translation would be chaos
God does create chaos among his enemies (for example).

I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD, who does all these things.

- Isa 45:7 ESV (Dead Sea Scroll)

Truster

In attempting to honour the Eternal Almighty you succeed only in denigrating Him, His sovereign will and His Almighty power. You should stop posting and talking of Him before you reach the inevitable blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.