Man created god.

Truster

Some time ago a guy told me he didn’t believe in God. I replied that neither do I and he looked at me in a very confused way, so I added. I don’t “trust’’ in god or god’s because I know exactly what the word god means, where it originated, what it meant to the people that used the term god and how it entered the English language via transliteration.

"In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth".

Many years later man created god.

beameup

Elohim is plural. There are many "elohim".
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty;
he judgeth among the 'elohiym.
- Psalm 82:1 KJV

A Psalm of Asaph.
God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the 'elohiym he holds judgment:

Psalm 82:1 ESV

Truster

Elohim is plural. There are many "elohim".
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty;
he judgeth among the 'elohiym.
- Psalm 82:1 KJV

A Psalm of Asaph.
God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the 'elohiym he holds judgment:

Psalm 82:1 ESV

There is none so blind as those that think they see.

Truster

When anything or anyone in scripture was named they or it were under authority of the name giver. Adam had been given dominion over all the living creatures The beasts of the earth were brought before him to be named. Adam later named his wife, because she was under his dominion.

Daniel and his three friends were given new names, because they were subjects of Nebuchadnezzar. Jacob was re-named Yisra’El which means Ruled of El. It is the right of parents to name their children and idolaters name their pets. Many children change their name by deed poll in an attempt to throw of parental authority.

“And Elohim said again to Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the sons of Yisra El, Yah Veh Elohim of your fathers, Elohim of Abraham, Elohim of Yischaq, Elohim of Yaaqov, hath sent me unto you: this is my name eternally, and this is my memorial generation to generation".

By renaming Elohim Yah Veh Lord God man was making a statement that the Eternal Almighty was no longer in authority over man, but had now become subject to man.

beameup

I admit you have words

Here's a few words for you:
Names of the Almighty in Scripture
EL, ELOAH
ELOHIM
EL SHADDAI
ADONAI
YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH
YHWH-JIREH
YHWH-RAPHA
YHWH-NISSI
YHWH-M'KADDESH
YHWH-SHALOM
YHWH-ELOHIM
YHWH-TSIDKENU
YHWH-ROHI
YHWH-SHAMMAH
YHWH-SABAOTH
EL ELYON
EL ROI
EL-OLAM
EL-GIBHOR

Truster

Here's a few words for you:
Names of the Almighty in Scripture
EL, ELOAH
ELOHIM
EL SHADDAI
ADONAI
YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH
YHWH-JIREH
YHWH-RAPHA
YHWH-NISSI
YHWH-M'KADDESH
YHWH-SHALOM
YHWH-ELOHIM
YHWH-TSIDKENU
YHWH-ROHI
YHWH-SHAMMAH
YHWH-SABAOTH
EL ELYON
EL ROI
EL-OLAM
EL-GIBHOR

Is that all?

You've cut and paste them and so what? These names are available at the back of any good Bible.

What are you trying to prove? Rhetorical?

Last edited:

Truster

Some time ago a guy told me he didn’t believe in God. I replied that neither do I and he looked at me in a very confused way, so I added. I don’t “trust’’ in god or god’s because I know exactly what the word god means, where it originated, what it meant to the people that used the term god and how it entered the English language via transliteration.

"In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth".

Many years later man created god.

...and later still man created the name Jesus. In 1611 the translators didn't have a letter "J" so they gave the Eternal Son and Saviour the name Iesus. Later that century they came up with Jesus.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved".

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
...and later still man created the name Jesus. In 1611 the translators didn't have a letter "J" so they gave the Eternal Son and Saviour the name Iesus. Later that century they came up with Jesus.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved".

Elohim is plural because God is male and female.

First mention of YHWH is Gen.4:26, they began to call on the name of the Lord. Gen 2,3 mix Lord and Elohim to confuse. Lord is Adam but after he died he took a new name as we all will. Adam is Yahweh.

Jesus is the name Yeshua discovered, it is the name of God, not made up by man but revealed to him.

The J sound is all important and as the didn't have a letter for this sound they created one.

I'm sure many have seen this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Chirho.svg/170px-Chirho.svg.png

ea96cfb46810d4013618ba1012133138.png

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Truster

Elohim is plural because God is male and female.

First mention of YHWH is Gen.4:26, they began to call on the name of the Lord. Gen 2,3 mix Lord and Elohim to confuse. Lord is Adam but after he died he took a new name as we all will. Adam is Yahweh.

Jesus is the name Yeshua discovered, it is the name of God, not made up by man but revealed to him.

The J sound is all important and as the didn't have a letter for this sound they created one.

I'm sure many have seen this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Chirho.svg/170px-Chirho.svg.png

ea96cfb46810d4013618ba1012133138.png

I couldn't get past the first line. You are an heretic and are atheist.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Yes and that is because I know my place and I expect anyone who professes a place in the Fathers will to also understand. You are obviously ignorant of what the scriptures teach on the matter.

Not ignorant but choosey.

I see Gen.2,3 as Adams excuses and it subjugates women. We are different but equal.

Look at the universe, that which emits light is male, strong and simple. That which reflects light is female, complicated and many faceted.
Neither would be any good without the other.

Truster

Not ignorant but choosey.

I see Gen.2,3 as Adams excuses and it subjugates women. We are different but equal.

Look at the universe, that which emits light is male, strong and simple. That which reflects light is female, complicated and many faceted.
Neither would be any good without the other.

Stop waffling.

Truster

How many idiots does it take to mess up and derail a thread?

Wherever truth is spoke Satan always has his henchmen.