Deceptions Christians Believe

Epoisses

There are so many deceptions being taught in pulpits today. One of those deceptions is that grace is just to get you saved then you have to work at everything else. This deception spits in the face of Christ's work on the cross and the truth that is grace:

https://soundcloud.com/freedomsfort...-grace-for-salvation-work-for-the-rest-part-1

Amen. Or the one where I have to give ten percent of my income to the church or God won't bless me. God blesses us before we give so any giving on our part is out of gratitude and never to receive a blessing. The best con-men are not out in the world they are in the church preaching a gospel that cannot save and fleecing the sheep for every dollar they can...just a disgrace to grace.

jzeidler

Deceptions Christians Believe

Amen. Or the one where I have to give ten percent of my income to the church or God won't bless me. God blesses us before we give so any giving on our part is out of gratitude and never to receive a blessing. The best con-men are not out in the world they are in the church preaching a gospel that cannot save and fleecing the sheep for every dollar they can...just a disgrace to grace.

You should subscribe to that podcast because the topic of the tithe will be coming.

CherubRam

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. However, Christians should not be lazy.

exactly. amen.

The most corrupt doctrine is to believe you don't have to work to be saved.

This is the most popular and practiced by most churches.

jsanford108

I happen to agree with Meshak for once. Most mainstream churches teach all you need is love. Or that you don't have to do anything to receive salvation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tnkrbl123!

I happen to agree with Meshak for once. Most mainstream churches teach all you need is love. Or that you don't have to do anything to receive salvation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

"most" or "many?" In my expirience, "most" churches I have attended near my home are very faithful to the Bible and teach about grace and the love of Christ but also focus a lot of sermons on the seriousness of sin and how to always be confessing and repenting. I know of "many" churches that are not lead by men and woman who are led by the Holy Spirit but the churches that ARE led by the Holy Spirit outweigh the ones that are not. But I live in western Canada so it may be different up here. I am thankful for the wonderful Spirit led churches in my part of Canada.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"most" or "many?" In my expirience, "most" churches I have attended near my home are very faithful to the Bible and teach about grace and the love of Christ but also focus a lot of sermons on the seriousness of sin and how to always be confessing and repenting. I know of "many" churches that are not lead by men and woman who are led by the Holy Spirit but the churches that ARE led by the Holy Spirit outweigh the ones that are not. But I live in western Canada so it may be different up here. I am thankful for the wonderful Spirit led churches in my part of Canada.

suit yourself.

I have read your posts, and your faith seems to be superficial, like the churches I have served.

Epoisses

I agree with Meshak for once, all you need is love for love is the fulfilling of the law.