You Must Try

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You Must Try To Obey-Or Your Faith Is Dead
1 Pet 4:12-14
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.
14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
Heb 3:8-9
8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years.
John 15:10-11
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 14:20-21
20 "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
John 8:51
51 "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death."
John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
John 15:20-22
20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.
22 "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
Matt 3:8
8 "Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
Luke 5:32
32 "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
Rom 2:4
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
Rom 9:22-23
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
Rom 2:5-11
5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness-- indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.
1 Cor 15:30-31
30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour?
31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
James 2:12
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
James 2:13-14
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:18
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:22
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)
xxxxx Your works are to prove your repentance. Not because you can obey, but by trying you are proving you really do repent. If you dont try you won't know that you cant. If you dont find out you cant, you dont receive any mercy. If you find out you cant and you do receive mercy so you can. Then you can know the love of God from experiance. But you cant KNOW this until you TRY. You receive mercy because you prayed for mercy. You prayed because you found out you cant obey without His mercy.

23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
After your saved you must work out your salvation.

Phl 2:12

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You Must Try To Obey-Or Your Faith Is Dead

xxxxx Your works are to prove your repentance. Not because you can obey, but by trying you are proving you really do repent. If you dont try you won't know that you cant. If you dont find out you cant, you dont receive any mercy. If you find out you cant and you do receive mercy so you can. Then you can know the love of God from experiance. But you cant KNOW this until you TRY. You receive mercy because you prayed for mercy. You prayed because you found out you cant obey without His mercy.
No

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what a naysayer is, but if you mean by my post that is not intended.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
A naysayer is one who just says no. They cant prove anything, they cant demonstrate the Holy Spirit.

1Co 2:4

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[fn] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
A naysayer is one who just says no. They cant prove anything, they cant demonstrate the Holy Spirit.

1Co 2:4

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[fn] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Shalom.

It is my hope and prayer in this that you see the truth, and that you recognize that when I say no I am saying no to you.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

It is my hope and prayer in this that you see the truth, and that you recognize that when I say no I am saying no to you.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
You cant be saying no to me when I am quoting verses or you say it on a revelation. Your saying no to Jesus. He is the one behind the revelations.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You cant be saying no to me when I am quoting verses or you say it on a revelation. Your saying no to Jesus. He is the one behind the revelations.
Shalom.

Anything that is not of God did not come from Jesus. So Jesus is not behind your revelations. I do not know that you should be claiming that Jesus is behind your revelations. I also don't know that you need to be saying that you are having or have had revelations.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Anything that is not of God did not come from Jesus. So Jesus is not behind your revelations. I do not know that you should be claiming that Jesus is behind your revelations. I also don't know that you need to be saying that you are having or have had revelations.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is blasphemy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Yes it is. Do you know what blasphemy is?

Shalom.

I do know what blasphemy is. Are you familiar with what the Bible has to say about it?

I can still learn about it if there is something that I don't know.

Some people say that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unpardonable or unforgivable sin.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do know what blasphemy is. Are you familiar with what the Bible has to say about it?

I can still learn about it if there is something that I don't know.

Some people say that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unpardonable or unforgivable sin.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is what the bible says.