Mohammedan tries to forcibly convert an entire Indiana Goodwill store

musterion

http://christiannews.net/2017/03/31...ested-after-strangling-thrift-store-employee/

An Indiana man broke a police officer’s hand during a scuffle as he was arrested on Saturday after he allegedly strangled a thrift store employee who sought to intervene as he went berserk in his quest to convert those present to Islam. Reports state that he repeatedly yelled “Allahu Akbar” as he fought being taken into custody by police.

Khalid Sulaiman Bilal, 24, of Saudi Arabia faces charges of battery with injury, disorderly conduct, strangulation, battery with injury to police, intimidation and resisting law enforcement. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is now investigating the incident.

He probably got mad at all the women who rush the racks as soon as they come out of the back (those who go to Goodwill, know).

musterion

You two really are stupid.

He's correctly named after the one he follows.

Kinda like "Christian."

You two are idiots.

musterion

Not me. I'm calling them exactly what they consider themselves to be.

Who, according to them, is The Perfect Man? Whenever they put the knife to a neck, what do they force people to say?

"There is no god but Allah AND MOHAMMED IS HIS PROPHET."

Case closed.

chair

You two really are stupid.

He's correctly named after the one he follows.

Kinda like "Christian."

You two are idiots.

No. Exactly not. Christians call themselves after their founder. Muslims don't. Neither do Jews.

musterion

The Oxford English Dictionary cites 1663 as the first recorded usage of the English term, along with the older term Mahometan that dates back to at least 1529. The English term is derived from New Latin Mahometanus, from Medieval Latin Mahometus, Muhammad. It meant simply a follower of Mohammad.[6]

The term has been largely superseded by "Muslim" (formerly transliterated as "Moslem") or "Islamic". "Mohammedan" was commonly used in European literature until at least the mid-1960s.[10] Muslim is more commonly used today, and the term Mohammedan is widely considered archaic or in some cases even offensive.[11]

I'll stick with the original version, thanks. It's quite accurate and has a long pedigree.

beameup

No. Exactly not. Christians call themselves after their founder. Muslims don't. Neither do Jews.
Christ = Messiah [ מָשִׁיחַ mashiyach ]
It's a title, not a "name"

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. - Daniel 9:25
at the 483 year following the Decree of Artexerxes, Messiah was "cut-off"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
True, true. So do Jews, for that matter. I stand corrected.
What about Muslims?

i wondered if they might call themselves "sunnis" or shiites" much as we here in murca tend to call ourselves by our denominations - baptists, Episcopalians, etc

found this:
I live in India and I embraced Islam in 2008 CE; I used to be Roman Catholic. I always go to the mosque now, and it is a mosque belonging to Ahl al-Hadeeth. The people in my neighbourhood call thselves Ahl al-Hadeeth more than they call themselves Muslims. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said that the group among his ummah who will enter Paradise is the one that follows Qur’an and Sunnah. I hope that you can tell me whether it is permissible to describe ourselves as Ahl al-Hadeeth or as Muslims?
Published Date: 2013-12-10
Praise be to Allah

Firstly:

We are very happy to hear that you have become Muslim and that you always pray in congregation in the mosque. We ask Allah, may He be exalted, to increase you in guidance and steadfastness.

Secondly:

There is no reason why a group of Muslims should not call themselves Ahl as-Sunnah or Ahl al-Hadeeth, or any other names that are indicative of a Muslim’s sound methodology and following the Qur’an and Sunnah, so as to distinguish themselves from others who follow innovation. There is no doubt that the name Muslim is a good name, but… Unfortunately the Muslims have divided into various groups, so that one may be Sufi, another may be Shi‘i, and another may be”rational”.

https://islamqa.info/en/163503

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Dang, Mr. Lamarr, you use...

nevermind

blazing-saddles.jpg

musterion

Notice they don't even comment about the Mohammedan threatening to kill people. They're worried about what he's being labeled here. They're only worried about his feeeeeeelings.

chair

Notice they don't even comment about the Mohammedan threatening to kill people. They're worried about what he's being labeled here. They're only worried about his feeeeeeelings.

There is a real problem with Muslim terror. Far beyond your rather random choice of an example.

It is best to learn something about Islam, and what drives this terror. Ignorance doesn't help. You need to understand what you are up against.

You labelled Muslims in general incorrectly, not just the terrorist.