Moses and Mohammad

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Moses and Mohammad[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Prophet[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 18[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, (the Lord / Yahwah) your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 (The Lord / Yahwah) your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of (the Lord / Yahwah) your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of (the Lord / Yahwah) our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 (The Lord / Yahwah) said to me: “What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name (Yahwah) anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, (Allah) is to be put to death.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by (the Lord / Yahwah)?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah) does not take place or come true, that is a message (the Lord / Yahwah) has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.[/FONT]

CherubRam

I am glad that Muslims want to worship the God of Abraham. What bothers me is that (Allah) is not a god that Abraham worshiped. The Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah in the 9th century BC. The Arabs stopped speaking God's name when He would not curse the Jews for them. That is why Mohammad did not know the name of God. If Mohammad was truly a prophet of God, he would have known God's name.

Danoh

Response: Allah is the one and only true God and Deuteronomy 18:18 actually prophecied Muhammad.

Hi Fatihah.

As for your above assertion?

The following was written some six hundred years before Muhammad, peace be upon him, 1 Cor. 9:20; 10:32.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
Hi Fatihah.

As for your above assertion?

The following was written some six hundred years before Muhammad, peace be upon him, 1 Cor. 9:20; 10:32.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Response: Hi Danoh,

The above fact concerning the prophecy of Muhammad in Deuteronomy 18:18 remains the same.

CherubRam

Response: Allah is the one and only true God and Deuteronomy 18:18 actually prophecied Muhammad.
If you would take the time to read Post #1, you would see that the prophet would come from the Israelite's. Israelite's are not Arabs.

popsthebuilder

Each culture has its own prophet or messenger of GOD. Islam does not refute the Christ of GOD; at least the Quran does not.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

CherubRam

Each culture has its own prophet or messenger of GOD. Islam does not refute the Christ of GOD; at least the Quran does not.

peace

Lots of so called Christian text were rejected because they were Gnostic or Pagan in nature. Just because you can find a little truth in the Quran does not mean it is divinely inspired.

Danoh

If you would take the time to read Post #1, you would see that the prophet would come from the Israelite's. Israelite's are not Arabs.

Their version has all that springing from Ishmael; not from Isaac.

Again, a change in all that some six hundred years after Isaac had been the core for thousands of years.

Some six hundred years after the Apostle Paul noted in Col. 1:25 that he had been the last given any word from God to fill full the balance of that which had thus far been written...with...verse 26's The Mystery...

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits. 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Result?

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Throughly furnished - nothing more to write about - some six hundred years before...Islam.

popsthebuilder

Lots of so called Christian text were rejected because they were Gnostic or Pagan in nature. Just because you can find a little truth in the Quran does not mean it is divinely inspired.
Excuse me?

Uhm... My faith isn't based on any sacred texts written by the hands of man. But I tell you now that the readily available Qur'an seems less molested than the most handy Bible. Thanks be to God that we live in a time and age where information is there for the taking.

Tell me; what makes you assert that the Qur'an is not divinely inspired?

peace

popsthebuilder

If I'm really going to get into this conversation can people (any here) at least admit to themselves that the word Allah is translated GOD. It just means GOD. It is not a name, and most assuredly not the name of a pagan GOD as it represents the same One Creator GOD of all existence. One could argue feasibly, that the name Yah or even Elohim or Eloha where at some past point in time representative of a pagan GOD.

Names are symbols. In this case the two symbols represent the same One Creator GOD. The merciful, benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, long suffering, all pervading GOD of creation and life.

peace

CherubRam

If I'm really going to get into this conversation can people (any here) at least admit to themselves that the word Allah is translated GOD. It just means GOD. It is not a name, and most assuredly not the name of a pagan GOD as it represents the same One Creator GOD of all existence. One could argue feasibly, that the name Yah or even Elohim or Eloha where at some past point in time representative of a pagan GOD.

Names are symbols. In this case the two symbols represent the same One Creator GOD. The merciful, benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, long suffering, all pervading GOD of creation and life.

peace

Allah is the contracted form of Alilah, (Al/il/ah) the god ascends.

CherubRam

Excuse me?

Uhm... My faith isn't based on any sacred texts written by the hands of man. But I tell you now that the readily available Qur'an seems less molested than the most handy Bible. Thanks be to God that we live in a time and age where information is there for the taking.

Tell me; what makes you assert that the Qur'an is not divinely inspired?

peace

What did Mohammad prophecy? Did God work any miracles through Mohammad? Did Mohammad say anything profound? Did Mohammad speak in parable? Besides the Satanic verses, I see a lot of killing and the taking of booty in the Quran. How come Mohammad did not know the personal name of God?

popsthebuilder

Allah is the contracted form of Alilah, (Al/il/ah) the god ascends.
Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ??l?h?, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".

popsthebuilder

Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ??l?h?, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".

Either you are relying on the interpretations of others, are wholly devoid of scriptures discernment, are are utterly lying.

I hope it is the first or second friend.

Peace

PS

If you actually come with legitimate questions; then I will actually address them.

Oops

CherubRam

They used the word Allah because they do not know any better. Allah was worshiped as a Pagan god by the Pagan Arabs, long before Mohammad came along. The word Allah is no revelation.

popsthebuilder

What did Mohammad prophecy? Did God work any miracles through Mohammad? Did Mohammad say anything profound? Did Mohammad speak in parable? Besides the Satanic verses, I see a lot of killing and the taking of booty in the Quran. How come Mohammad did not know the personal name of God?
Either you are relying on the interpretations of others, are wholly devoid of scriptures discernment, are are utterly lying.

I hope it is the first or second friend.

Peace

PS

If you actually come with legitimate questions; then I will actually address them.

popsthebuilder

They used the word Allah because they do not know any better. Allah was worshiped as a Pagan god by the Pagan Arabs, long before Mohammad came along. The word Allah is no revelation.
I didn't say it was revelation friend. I said it means GOD.

CherubRam

I didn't say it was revelation friend. I said it means GOD.

Historical analysis of the word Allah. Allah's root is found in the Sumerian god AN, which is later known as IL by the Akkadians and Babylonians.
The origin of Allah and Allat were sun and moon deities. (Zwemmer, (Ed) The Daughters of Allah, By Winnett, F V, MWJ, Vol. XXX, 1940, pg. 120-125).
The original name of the Sun god in Sumer was UTU, the cuneiform name for Allah