Moses and Mohammad

CherubRam

God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am Yahwah (YHVH) and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty; BUT BY MY NAME, YAHWAH, I did not make myself known to them.";
Exodus 6:2-3

We see here that Abraham never used the name Allah.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
If you would take the time to read Post #1, you would see that the prophet would come from the Israelite's. Israelite's are not Arabs.

Response: Rather, if you read it, it clearly says it will come from their brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites and they are Arabs.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
Lots of so called Christian text were rejected because they were Gnostic or Pagan in nature. Just because you can find a little truth in the Quran does not mean it is divinely inspired.

Response: Then that alone would mean that the Bible is not divinely inspired because of its little truth in it.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
They used the word Allah because they do not know any better. Allah was worshiped as a Pagan god by the Pagan Arabs, long before Mohammad came along. The word Allah is no revelation.

Response: The word Allah is throughout the Bible as "Ellah" or "Eloha", is Hebrew and similar to Arabic "Allah". So El or Ellah or Eloha or Elohim is ust a Hebrew pronunciation for the Arabic word Allah.

Danoh

Response: Rather, if you read it, it clearly says it will come from their brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites and they are Arabs.

That...is nonsense. The Scripture is clear on what "brethren" Moses had been referring to...

Acts 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs. 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

The Twelve Patriarchs?

Genesis 42:13 And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not.

Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

Exodus 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Leviticus 10:6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.

Leviticus 25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are meet for the war.

Deuteronomy 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
That...is nonsense. The Scripture is clear on what "brethren" Moses had been referring to...

Acts 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs. 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

The Twelve Patriarchs?

Genesis 42:13 And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not.

Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

Exodus 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Leviticus 10:6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.

Leviticus 25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are meet for the war.

Deuteronomy 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Response: Yes. The scripture is clear what brethren means and in Deuteronomy 18:18 it clearly refers to the brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites. Therefore, it remains a prophecy of Muhammad (saw).

CherubRam

God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am Yahwah (YHVH) and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty; BUT BY MY NAME, YAHWAH, I did not make myself known to them.";

The scripture above says that Abraham called Him, "God Almighty," not Allah.

CherubRam

Response: The scripture above is not Arabic. So naturally, the word Allah would not be mentioned.
The name Allah was around when Abraham was alive. Abraham knew God as "God Almighty."

God
Ancient Hebrew: IL.
Aramaic: IL.
Hebrew: EL.
English: God.
Spanish: Dios.
Italian: Iddio, Iddìo, Dio.
German: Gutes, Gott.
Germanic, Old French: Gott.
French: Dieux, Dieu.
Greek: Theo, Theos.
Latin: Deus.
Norwegian: Gud.
Swedish: Gud.
Portugese: Deus.

Fatihah

BANNED
Banned
The name Allah was around when Abraham was alive. Abraham knew God as "God Almighty."

God
Ancient Hebrew: IL.
Aramaic: IL.
Hebrew: EL.
English: God.
Spanish: Dios.
Italian: Iddio, Iddìo, Dio.
German: Gutes, Gott.
Germanic, Old French: Gott.
French: Dieux, Dieu.
Greek: Theo, Theos.
Latin: Deus.
Norwegian: Gud.
Swedish: Gud.
Portugese: Deus.

Response: In Arabic, It's Allah. Secondly, Abraham did not know Him as God Almighty. That's English and he didn't speak English.

chair

The idea that one can bash Islam based on some theoretical idea of where the Arabic name of God comes from is pathetic. Islam is strictly monotheistic. Without "Trinity", or son-of-god or anything else. For a Christian to attack Islam on the basis of "Allah" being a pagan name is ridiculous.

Chair
Observant Jew

CherubRam

Response: In Arabic, It's Allah. Secondly, Abraham did not know Him as God Almighty. That's English and he didn't speak English.

[FONT=&quot]God Almighty / El Shaddai[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The root word "shadad" (שדד) means to plunder, overpower, or make desolate. The meaning may go back to an original sense which was "to be strong" as in the Arabic "shadiid" (شديد) "strong", although normally the Arabic letter pronounced "sh" corresponds to the Hebrew letter sin, not to shin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some scholars believe the name is derived from an Akkadian word [FONT=&quot]Šadu[/FONT], meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

popsthebuilder

[FONT=&quot]God Almighty / El Shaddai[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The root word "shadad" (שדד) means to plunder, overpower, or make desolate. The meaning may go back to an original sense which was "to be strong" as in the Arabic "shadiid" (شديد) "strong", although normally the Arabic letter pronounced "sh" corresponds to the Hebrew letter sin, not to shin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some scholars believe the name is derived from an Akkadian word [FONT=&quot]Å*adu[/FONT], meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
You never answered my question; why do you think the Quran isn't inspired by GOD? How arragant must one be to claim a faith false without ever even reading their core sacred text?

Doesn't sound too Christian.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

CherubRam

You never answered my question; why do you think the Quran isn't inspired by GOD? How arragant must one be to claim a faith false without ever even reading their core sacred text?

Doesn't sound too Christian.

peace

I have read the Quran, and it is not divinely inspired.

Wick Stick

We see there that Abraham used the name EL, which is a shortened for of Elowah, the Hebrew equivalent of Arabic Allah.

popsthebuilder

I have read the Quran, and it is not divinely inspired.
There is a difference in reading and comprehending.

There is also a difference in reading with an opened mind, and reading with preconceived bias.

The Quran very closely emulates the scriptures. To deny this is either dishonesty or like I said; lack of comprehension.

peace

CherubRam

There is a difference in reading and comprehending.

There is also a difference in reading with an opened mind, and reading with preconceived bias.

The Quran very closely emulates the scriptures. To deny this is either dishonesty or like I said; lack of comprehension.

peace

Quran
As Mohammad was reciting Surah 53, considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá and Manāt, the third, the other? These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans.