Jesus Christ, the Firstborn of Creation, Who Was First To Be Birthed into Existence

keypurr

God became flesh. Jesus is the Son of Man. he calls Himself that a number of times.

Your overlooking that the logos spoke through Jesus. Jesus is the body prepared for the logos. Heb 10:5. Jesus is the Lamb the logos is the Christ in him. The logos was SENT by the Father. Sent, not born.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

There is a deep separation between a churchman and a Christian. One follows the church the other Christ. You need courage and understanding to overcome the faith of the RCC and its children. You need to come all the way out of her friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a deep separation between a churchman and a Christian. One follows the church the other Christ. You need courage and understanding to overcome the faith of the RCC and its children. You need to come all the way out of her friend.

I'm not a member of nor do I attend the RCC. It is an apostate church. I do not follow a church, I follow the Lord.

keypurr

I'm not a member of nor do I attend the RCC. It is an apostate church. I do not follow a church, I follow the Lord.

Do you go to church on Sunday?
Do you keep The Ten Commandments in the spirit?
Do you believe in Christmas and Easter?
Do you believe in baby baptism?
Do you believe in the trinity?

Just a few on the Pagan doctrines that started in the RCC that have been carried over BR. One needs to discard ll that and start over.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you go to church on Sunday?
Do you keep The Ten Commandments in the spirit?
Do you believe in Christmas and Easter?
Do you believe in baby baptism?
Do you believe in the trinity?

Just a few on the Pagan doctrines that started in the RCC that have been carried over BR. One needs to discard ll that and start over.

Hebrews 10:25 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Should you keep the 10 Commandments in Spirit?

Should we observe Jesus birth and death?

No. I do not believe in infant baptism.

The Trinity is a given and it was established 100AD-200AD as can be proved by the writings of the early Church Fathers

keypurr

Hebrews 10:25 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Should you keep the 10 Commandments in Spirit?

Should we observe Jesus birth and death?

No. I do not believe in infant baptism.

The Trinity is a given and it was established 100AD-200AD as can be proved by the writings of the early Church Fathers

All can assemble but for what reasons. To promote lies?

There is only proof of the Pagans and a Trinity.

The early church were in the minority BR, thats why they brought in the pagan beliefs to unify the State.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All can assemble but for what reasons. To promote lies?

There is only proof of the Pagans and a Trinity.

The early church were in the minority BR, thats why they brought in the pagan beliefs to unify the State.

From Carm.org

The following quotes show that the doctrine of the Trinity was indeed alive-and-well before the Council of Nicea:

Polycarp (70-155/160). Bishop of Smyrna. Disciple of John the Apostle.

"O Lord God almighty . . . I bless you and glorify you through the eternal and heavenly high priest Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, through whom be glory to you, with Him and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever" (n. 14, ed. Funk; PG 5.1040).

Justin Martyr (100?-165?). He was a Christian apologist and martyr.

"For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water" (First Apol., LXI).

Ignatius of Antioch (died 98/117). Bishop of Antioch. He wrote much in defense of Christianity.

"In Christ Jesus our Lord, by whom and with whom be glory and power to the Father with the Holy Spirit for ever" (n. 7; PG 5.988).
"We have also as a Physician the Lord our God Jesus the Christ the only-begotten Son and Word, before time began, but who afterwards became also man, of Mary the virgin. For ‘the Word was made flesh.' Being incorporeal, He was in the body; being impassible, He was in a passable body; being immortal, He was in a mortal body; being life, He became subject to corruption, that He might free our souls from death and corruption, and heal them, and might restore them to health, when they were diseased with ungodliness and wicked lusts." (Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson, eds., The ante-Nicene Fathers, Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1975 rpt., Vol. 1, p. 52, Ephesians 7.)

Irenaeus (115-190). As a boy he listened to Polycarp, the disciple of John. He became Bishop of Lyons.

"The Church, though dispersed throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and their disciples this faith: . . . one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them; and in one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who became incarnate for our salvation; and in the Holy Spirit, who proclaimed through the prophets the dispensations of God, and the advents, and the birth from a virgin, and the passion, and the resurrection from the dead, and the ascension into heaven in the flesh of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and His manifestation from heaven in the glory of the Father ‘to gather all things in one,' and to raise up anew all flesh of the whole human race, in order that to Christ Jesus, our Lord, and God, and Savior, and King, according to the will of the invisible Father, ‘every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess; to him, and that He should execute just judgment towards all . . . '" (Against Heresies X.l)

Tertullian (160-215). African apologist and theologian. He wrote much in defense of Christianity.

"We define that there are two, the Father and the Son, and three with the Holy Spirit, and this number is made by the pattern of salvation . . . [which] brings about unity in trinity, interrelating the three, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are three, not in dignity, but in degree, not in substance but in form, not in power but in kind. They are of one substance and power, because there is one God from whom these degrees, forms and kinds devolve in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit." (Adv. Prax. 23; PL 2.156-7).

Origen (185-254). Alexandrian theologian. Defended Christianity and wrote much about Christianity.

"If anyone would say that the Word of God or the Wisdom of God had a beginning, let him beware lest he direct his impiety rather against the unbegotten Father, since he denies that he was always Father, and that he has always begotten the Word, and that he always had wisdom in all previous times or ages or whatever can be imagined in priority . . . There can be no more ancient title of almighty God than that of Father, and it is through the Son that he is Father" (De Princ. 1.2.; PG 11.132).

"For if [the Holy Spirit were not eternally as He is, and had received knowledge at some time and then became the Holy Spirit] this were the case, the Holy Spirit would never be reckoned in the unity of the Trinity, i.e., along with the unchangeable Father and His Son, unless He had always been the Holy Spirit." (Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson, eds., The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1975 rpt., Vol. 4, p. 253, de Principiis, 1.111.4)

"Moreover, nothing in the Trinity can be called greater or less, since the fountain of divinity alone contains all things by His word and reason, and by the Spirit of His mouth sanctifies all things which are worthy of sanctification . . . " (Roberts and Donaldson, Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 4, p. 255, de Principii., I. iii. 7).

Conclusion
If, as the anti-Trinitarians maintain, the Trinity is not a biblical doctrine and was never taught until the council of Nicea in 325, then why do these quotes exist? The answer is simple: the Trinity is a biblical doctrine, and it was taught before the council of Nicea in 325 A.D.

Part of the reason that the Trinity doctrine was not "officially" taught until the time of the Council of Nicea is that Christianity was illegal until shortly before the council. It wasn't really possible for official Christian groups to meet and discuss doctrine. For the most part, they were fearful of making public pronouncements concerning their faith.

Additionally, if a group had attacked the person of Adam, the early church would have responded with an official doctrine of who Adam was. As it was, the person of Christ was attacked. When the Church defended the deity of Christ, the doctrine of the Trinity was further defined.

The early church believed in the Trinity as is evidenced by the quotes above, and it wasn't necessary to really make them official. It wasn't until errors started to creep in that councils began to meet to discuss the Trinity as well as other doctrines that came under fire.

keypurr

The Trinity source came out of Egypt in the second century. It caused a lot of problems in the churches. But your post does not say Jesus is God. It speaks of God AND Christ AND the Holy spirit. The AND is a big word friend, that says they did not consider Jesus as God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app