My God

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]My God My God[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 22:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My[/FONT][FONT=&quot] God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And about the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Foot note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Matthew 27:46[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Some manuscripts Eloi, Eloi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 20:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahshua said, “Do not cling to me, for I have yet to ascend to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 15:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And at the ninth hour Yahshua cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Additional comments.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 10:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.’” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 3:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 3:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:

CherubRam

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And yet the Apostles and other writers of the New Testament were clearly Trinitarians. And the Church has always been Trinitarian. :liberals:

Nope......

Paul's Farewell to the Ephesians
…28Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

29I know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

30Even from your own number, men will rise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them.…

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nope......

…28Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

29I know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

30Even from your own number, men will rise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them.…
:chuckle: Very good!

;)

CherubRam

And yet the Apostles and other writers of the New Testament were clearly Trinitarians. And the Church has always been Trinitarian. :liberals:
That is not correct. If you had a good study bible, you would see that the the scriptures have been tampered with. Read the foot notes in a NIV study bible. NIV 1 John 5
6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[See a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

NIV Footnotes:
a.1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

KJV 1 John 5:6
This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ: not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit which testifieth, that Christ is the truth. 7And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it. So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."

This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."

CherubRam

If you can't trust the Scripture, then what?

You need to do a deeper study of the bible. Jeremiah 8:8
“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? /// Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.[scriptural truth]

Rome canonized the scriptures, and the Hellenist also made changes. ///
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Jude 1:4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneaked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation...

Jude 1:4.

πάλαι pálai, pal'-ahee; palai denotes "long ago, of old," Heb 1:1, RV, "of old time" (AV, "in time past"); in Jude 1:4,
Long time, Old time, Ancient order.
Jeremiah 11:9
Then the Lord said to me, “There is a conspiracy among the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem.

Acts 6:9
Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia—who began to argue with Stephen.

According to the Acts of the Apostles, the Synagogue of the Libertines (e.g. KJV, Wycliffe Bible) or Synagogue of the Freedmen (e.g. NKJV, NRSV) were a group of Hellenistic Jews who disputed with Saint Stephen (Acts 6:9).

The Freedmen were a secret society of Hellenistic Jews.

Lon

Nope......

…28Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood
:think:

:liberals: Are you reading the same verses I am?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:think:
:liberals: Are you reading the same verses I am?

$40,000 in education fees and they didn't teach you that verse has been altered?

Like my dad used to say, "did yuh feel sumpthin' hit yuh in the butt when yuh left"?

"It was yer change."

:sigh:

KingdomRose

Great is the mystery of godliness ;)

That scripture---I Timothy 3:16---is not to be translated the way the KJV translates it. Earlier manuscripts show that "God" was inserted later, because those earlier, venerable manuscripts say "He" or "Who." So "God" was not made manifest in flesh. If one reads all of the surrounding verses, it can be seen that it all refers to Christ, and not "God." (Verse 13.)

The NASB (and others) render I Timothy 3:16 like this:

"By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: HE who was revealed in the flesh, was vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory."

Not "God."

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That scripture---I Timothy 3:16---is not to be translated the way the KJV translates it. Earlier manuscripts show that "God" was inserted later, because those earlier, venerable manuscripts say "He" or "Who." So "God" was not made manifest in flesh. If one reads all of the surrounding verses, it can be seen that it all refers to Christ, and not "God." (Verse 13.)

The NASB (and others) render I Timothy 3:16 like this:

"By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: HE who was revealed in the flesh, was vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory."

Not "God."

This is why JWs no longer have me on their visit list.

KingdomRose

That is not correct. If you had a good study bible, you would see that the the scriptures have been tampered with. Read the foot notes in a NIV study bible. NIV 1 John 5
6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[See a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

NIV Footnotes:
a.1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

That is correct. The verses you quote here about them all being one had not been in the earlier versions. The text had been tampered with.