My God

Lon

Why do you say that? You team up with fellow Calvinists, and you tell me I should not team up with my favorites or like minded Christians?
:nono: If you'll reread, 1m1s and I simply agreed on some things regarding learning and teaching. I try not to make every issue a contest of wills else there would be no point in even this discussion, would there? Isn't the goal of talking to get some sort of meeting of minds? Didn't Jesus answer Nicodemus in hope?

Isn't that inconsistent?
Do you and I agree on anything? There is a little bit of siding, but I try not to do so blindly lest I find I am on the wrong side of Jesus. Think about this: Jesus gave a few illustrations about Samaritans. I 'think' it an apt analogy between Unit-arians and Trinitarians. The Samaritans were despised. Why? Because they had different doctrines that were anathema to Jews: So much so, they were 'despised more than gentiles.' Jesus talked with Samaritans. Such was unheard of. There are some in Trinitarian churches that are doctrinally further away than a good many of you Unit-arians on biblical doctrines. In some ways, it is the constant bringing up of worship on Mt. Gerazim that led to such a great divide. Perhaps the Samaritans were seeking fellowship with the Jews, but the hard push for 'acceptance' as-is caused a further rift. Sounds familiar to me today. -Lon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Trinitarianism in Judaism is a sin punishable by death. Trinitarianism has never been a belief in Judaism. Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by Gnostic Pagans.

Joshua 22:22
“The One Mighty God, Yahwah! The One Mighty God, Yahwah! He knows! And let Israel know! If this has been in rebellion or disobedience to Yahwah, do not spare us this day.

Psalm 50:1
A psalm of Asaph. The One Mighty God, Yahwah, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father ? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Romans 3:30
since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Messiah Yashua, for whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Messiah Yashua,…

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Sure thing.

LA

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I know that God can bring us to where we need to be no matter where we been or where we are.

I have heard the Spirit say "we".

That being said, Jesus is not God.

Of course Jesus is not God, as revealed in Acts 3: 13: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus." Or why would Jesus have said to Mary Magdalene, John 20: 17; "Go to my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to HIM who is my Father and their Father, my God and their God." It couldn't be any plainer than that.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Of course Jesus is not God, as revealed in Acts 3: 13: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus." Or why would Jesus have said to Mary Magdalene, John 20: 17; "Go to my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to HIM who is my Father and their Father, my God and their God." It couldn't be any plainer than that.
Another Unitarian! 'Looks like we've got an infestation problem of some sort.

Tnkrbl123!

Poor guy. You have missed so much by ignoring various posts. It has been explained that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ROCK, not Peter. The true church of Jesus Christ is not the bulwark of traditions of demons--- the RCC. What did Jesus say? "Thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my church." Who is "this rock"? Your false sons of the Kingdom (Matt.13) say "Peter." The Bible says "Christ" himself.
Hey there this is a bit long so it is going to be a 4 part post because this is a bit of a complex idea to get across
I just thought I would throw this out there.
But before I do I would like to just mention that I am sorry I am not the best at explaining things eloquently so I give lots of examples so others can understand a bit better and are able to pick up what I’m throwing down 
The word "rock/stone" is mentioned all through the OT and the NT and it had all sorts of different meanings, both metaphorical and literal depending on the verse. Just like the word “rock” has a lot of different meanings in modern English writings depending on what sentence it is being used in. SO we have a rock or a stone, we have rock bands, we rock the boat etc etc. And just because the word “rock” is used in one sentence doesn’t mean it is used for any sentence.
Keeping with the Bible, this is just another way of looking at it that is completely valid is all I’m trying to say. Because you put a lot of verses that have the word “rock” in them but it doesn’t necessarily mean they are all connected and have the same meaning. I mean the sentence “the boat was rocking across the lake and while the rock band was playing on the deck a man threw a rock over the rail into the sea.”

Tnkrbl123!

Poor guy. You have missed so much by ignoring various posts. It has been explained that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ROCK, not Peter. The true church of Jesus Christ is not the bulwark of traditions of demons--- the RCC. What did Jesus say? "Thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my church." Who is "this rock"? Your false sons of the Kingdom (Matt.13) say "Peter." The Bible says "Christ" himself.
Peter(Cephas) was not his original name, it was Simon. But Jesus re-named Simon and changed his name to Peter(Cephas). And the meaning of the name Peter is literally "rock" or "stone." And Jesus and God has re-named many people in the Bible according to the purpose that God has for that person. He re-names Abraham’s wife from Sari (Princess) to Sarah (Mother of Nations). Abram(Noble Father) was re-named Abraham(Father of a Multitude).
“ab” means “father” so when you think about the name AB-raham you would literally be saying “Father of multitudes.” And compare it to AB-ram you would literally be saying “Noble Father.” (also note when the bible refers to God in the NT they use the Aramaic term “Abba” (remember “AB”) and then in Greek, when it refers to God it is always followed by “ho pater” and it literally means “The Father.”)
Also if you want to look into the language more you will see what I mean when they have a very different way of relating words to things than we do. Their word for Father actually literally means, strong, capable. And there are dozens of examples of places being names after what they represent. Eg) Golgotha literally means “place of a skull” because that is where the Romans did their crucifixions. I hope I am doing an OK job of explaining this. Abraham is just one example. But God makes a point of changing a person’s name he changes it to a name that means what God’s great plans for that person, or their purpose will be.

Tnkrbl123!

And when we, in our modern western language and culture, think about the name having “meaning,” we understand that totally different than they did. Picking out a baby name many in today’s day and age people will choose a name that has a nice meaning but most meanings aren’t immediately obvious when we say the name. Random example … today’s name “Emma” means “whole” or “universal” but we don’t walk around calling her “hey universal get over here.”
But in the Hebrew language and Greek language their speech and thinking is different from ours. I think one of the difficulties of understanding the Bible and interpreting Scripture is that first, the history and the time that the Scriptures were written throughout time was very very different than what we understand life to be like today. And when interpreting languages it is even more difficult to understand because our language is radically different than other languages. Many languages are opposite to English in that the words they use they are literally explaining their way of viewing and experiencing the world and for those of us who speak mostly only English it is a very difficult concept to understand.

Tnkrbl123!

So very long explanation and story short: That there definitely is merit for people saying that the Church was built on the rock of Jesus Christ, but Jesus Christ’s rock is Peter, who Jesus had named, most likely specifically for this reason. Jesus says here, using your scripture verse:
“And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.” Put another way “And I tell you, you are Cephas (Rock), and on THIS rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.” I mean why else would he start this sentence talking to Peter by saying “And you are Peter?” I mean in this context and looking at what Jesus is actually saying, He is telling Peter that “You are my rock who I will build my Church.”
And you and many others many not agree with it, and that is fine, but it does necessarily mean that they are wrong or that their theology and reasoning is not completely valid and true.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Another Unitarian! 'Looks like we've got an infestation problem of some sort.

Nope! I am Just one who believes the word of God and rejects the filthy yeast that has been added by the priests of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine.

Tnkrbl123!

You really need to get rid of your 'us/them' mentality, Meshak. I know others push it but you don't have to fall into that or accept it every time concerning all TOL members. You are a member of TOL so some of your 'them' is really just 'us.' It'll help you offer up graciousness at times. Be assured 1m1s is no Calvinist sympathizer. He isn't even Triune. We respect that we are both trying to study to be pleasing in God's sight. We don't agree, but we do respect some things in one another. Honestly, if it weren't for Arians pushing so hard all the time, you'd all do a lot better covering other topics on TOL with a measure of mutuality. 1mind and I have other things in common that we both appreciate. -Lon

Just wanted to mention that I have been reading your posts on here and you are extremely wise and have a brilliant way of discussion. Its a pleasure to read your posts :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely, which is why you are on ignore. You realize you paid Trinitarians for your membership here, though, right?

I paid enormous amount to post here. So you cannot make me feel guilty friend.
You simply MUST realize that the majority of us are Triune. To not, is to make your world incredibly small.

My agenda here is to expose what Jesus teaches which most churches disregard His word for practicing.
I believe Jesus much more capable than you give Him credit for.

By disregarding His word?

The JW's messed you up and made you a bigot on this one. Most Christians are and have been Triune.

False witnessing is a grave sin, dear.

Most."Doctrines" is a word in the Bible. I think you are talking about "doctrines of men" but you have to differentiate else you are against the word of God.

I will just pick only one main example. Your claim of "you must be trinity believer to be saved" is completely unbiblical because Jesus does not claim that. Following Jesus' teachings is essential to be saved, not trinity doctrine. You see this is how you worship your doctrine more than Jesus.

I realize that. Evangelical fundamentalists have a large influence upon terms and identity. All non-Trinitarians have to belong to what are viewed as cultic non-Christian churches or none at all.

You see, here you go again, usurping Jesus' authority to judge whether they are His or not.

Get your cues more from Jesus than the Jehovah Witnesses etc.

My knowledge is all from Jesus' word, unlike many of you. I am not JW but I happen to agree many of their teaching, especially what they practice. They practice what they preach. They are not a lip servers. I think most churchgoers are just jealous of JWs' faithfulness because trins claim Jesus is God yet they don't honor His teaching by not practicing what they claim.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

It's all a matter of the heart.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit, and you don't seem to use this admonishment.

Our faith is what we claim and that's our heart.

Have you consider what trinity doctrine is all about?

Their main beef of their faith is trinity doctrine.

Do you realize how most churches misrepresenting Jesus to the world by their pro-military position?

It is a grave sin to do that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are some in Trinitarian churches that are doctrinally further away than a good many of you Unit-arians on biblical doctrines.

Believe in trinity is essential to be saved is your main teaching. So much so that they killed many Christians just because they opposed your doctrine.

You keep disregard this disgraceful fact, and continually finger point at non-trins by saying they are non-believers, unsaved, cult and so on.

Do you realize that trins are misrepresenting Jesus by pro-military to the world?

IsaacKingsley

God The Father, God The Son and The Holy Spirit are one.

Why. Haha. During Creation. Jesus,Father and Holy Ghost were there in person.

HOLY SPIRIT
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. ?And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.?
Genesis:1:2

GOD AND SON
?LET US MAKE..... And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis:1:26
?
? In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
John:1:1-2

? And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John:14:16
? But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John:14:26
? But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John:15:26
? Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John:16:7

LASTLY
? Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Hebrews:1:2-3

Sent from my X-TIGI_A7 using Tapatalk

IsaacKingsley

EMMANUEL MEANS GOD WITH US... .... ?Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew:1:23

? For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah:9:6

Sent from my X-TIGI_A7 using Tapatalk