Lt. Calley's betrayal of his country

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
On March 29, 1971 Lt. William L. Calley was convicted of the premeditated murder of 22 unarmed Vietnamese civilians.

The purpose of the U.S. military is to protect this nation and its constitutional rights and freedoms. Calley betrayed that purpose.

Some on TOL have maligned the military for doing its job. Why?

Lt. Calley is a war criminal and received a life sentence for his crime. His sentence was commuted to time served by President Nixon and he was paroled in November, 1974.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well good grief, I hope so.

There is at least one person who believes men and women should not serve their country.

I don't know why they believe that way and they are evidently not going to say why.

I suppose they must actually believe like I do that the military is a good thing.

Good for them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There is at least one person who believes men and women should not serve their country.

I believe you are talking about me.

You are making false accusation and it is no surprise. You don't understand Jesus' simple teaching so you cannot read my statements.

Listen, I said Christians should not be pro-military. I made sure that Christians have no business butting in to the politics.

The war is politics. You see, your confusion comes from not understanding Jesus' basic teachings, period.

Is English your mother tongue? It does not seem like it.

Zeke

I don't know why they believe that way and they are evidently not going to say why.

I suppose they must actually believe like I do that the military is a good thing.

Good for them.
All wars are banker wars so the cold hard facts show patriots are ihnor

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Should we defend ourselves?

You may defend yourself but if you want the Lord to defend you then get about teaching His word and doing it, not arming yourself to the teeth in case someone attacks you.

The USA mostly lives in fear because the majority trusts in guns and money, and so many have killed for no good reason.

Trust in the Lord.

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why do you believe a nation should not protect itself?

If we don't protect ourselves, who will?

Did Israel or Judah ever try to defend itself?

I already explain it but either you just don't get it or not willing the accept Jesus' word.

I will explain again for the public:

Jesus says to love your enemy. You don't love your enemy by destroying them.

He also says His followers are not the of world.

He also says let the dead bury their own dead. The world is dead spiritually.

These are all Jesus' word, so if you claim to be a Christian, you better uphold it.

You are trying to push world's standards and mentality to your faith. Your faith is not Christianity, it is merely "humanism" point of view.

I don't think you want to understand since your priority is not being true to Jesus. Your point of view is political and worldly.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus says to love your enemy. You don't love your enemy by destroying them.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Love of self is not allowing someone to destroy you.

You pervert Jesus' teachings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Love of self is not allowing someone to destroy you.

You pervert Jesus' teachings.

Your view is not of Jesus. It is of the world. You don't like Jesus' teaching. What you are doing is disregarding all inconvenient teaching.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your view is not of Jesus. It is of the world. You don't like Jesus' teaching. What you are doing is disregarding all inconvenient teaching.

I just quoted Jesus. He said to love your neighbor as yourself.

It's you who doesn't believe and you are perverting his teaching about love, self, and neighbor. Why?

What are you trying to prove?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I just quoted Jesus. He said to love your neighbor as yourself.

It's you who doesn't believe and you are perverting his teaching about love, self, and neighbor. Why?

What are you trying to prove?

You are the one who is perverting Jesus' word.

Jesus' message of "love your enemy" is self-explanatory and you are twisting around and change the way to worldly view.

I am only exposing your twisted view of Jesus' teaching.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't let Meshak fool ya.
She loves that worldly military money they earn and give to her.
She doesn't trust Jesus enough to give that up.

KingdomRose

Good for them.

We have said WHY repeatedly. It's sad that you have irremovable blinders on. (Matt.5:44) And I guess you think that someone, say, in Germany in WWII should have fought for Hitler and killed lots of Americans, right? That's what your position means. Whatever country you're in, join the military! That would go for ANY country. Aren't you glad that Jehovah's Witnesses in Germany during WWII DIDN'T join the military of Germany? If they did, they would've been killing Americans. But that's OK with you? "Serve your country, even if it means killing fellow Catholics or Baptists or Lutherans or Mormons! And even if it means killing Americans on the other side!" Can't you THINK about what you are saying?