John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Strong is a weak word for truth. Truth smashes it. You deny the Bible and have a strong case that it has errors. If you believe the Bible then you wouldn't say it has errors. Not only you're strong about it, you're also wrong about it.

Reformed belief is offensive to anti-Calvinists in the same way Christianity is to atheists- they can't accept a sovereign lord over their being.

Anti-Calvinists scour the Bible in search of their own control, calling it just that they have free will- just as atheists scour the Bible and call God unjust for not having prominence in their own self-righteousness :plain:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Quote the verse that says it isn't :idunno:

You can find Calvinism from Genesis to Revelation- it is a complete exegesis of the Bible.

The same can be said for 'Arminianism' ;) - or any other ism that you can find a few passages for.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Syngergism sneakiness.......

Syngergism sneakiness.......

:BRAVO:

Spurgeon is a living well of the most badass Christian quotes :)

Absolutely brilliant

cs.jpg

I suppose the above is 'brilliant' - notice he is recognizing 'synergism' here CLEARLY :) Read it carefully. He admits that advancing in the christian life takes one's personal effort in prayer, meditation and so on. So there is a co-operation involved. Do you see that?

:sherlock:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal Laws hold.......cycles continue.....sowing, reaping.........

Universal Laws hold.......cycles continue.....sowing, reaping.........

Bravo, as I've shared elsewhere, and its recognized by many other religions too, ALL is by God's grace,...our very life, existence, potentials and possibilities exist because of 'God', who allows all things and beings to be, and become whatever their inward desires, will and dispositions foster for them, by universal law, as all seeds must produce their own fruits, all actions produce their corresponding results (karma).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I suppose the above is 'brilliant' - notice he is recognizing 'synergism' here CLEARLY :) Read it carefully. He admits that advancing in the christian life takes one's personal effort in prayer, meditation and so on. So there is a co-operation involved. Do you see that?

:sherlock:

I used the term 'badass' for a reason-
he's straight up dissing so called Christians.

Particularly the one's who live their lives focused solely on their selves and judging other people- them helping a single person is an act of God to them.

:rolleyes:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Challenging Calvinism......

Challenging Calvinism......

~*~*~

Been enjoying some lectures by Jerry Walls on Calvinism. Here is just a snippet of some good points to consider -

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm not interested in hearing man talk about man's covetous desire of free will, which is the most denominating theology in Christianity.

When you say God is corrupt if man does not have free will, it becomes all too clear who you all's god really is :rolleyes:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm not interested in hearing man talk about man's covetous desire of free will, which is the most denominating theology in Christianity.

When you say God is corrupt if man does not have free will, it becomes all too clear who you all's god really is :rolleyes:
Freelight said God's words about the flood are fables. Since he doesn't believe in the Bible and that it contains errors while believing the flood is just a made-up tale, why should we listen to him regarding free will? Pretty much wasting our time. I'm not interested in what the celestials have to say when they go against God. Isn't that what demons do?

Robert Pate

Banned
Freelight said God's words about the flood are fables. Since he doesn't believe in the Bible and that it contains errors while believing the flood is just a made-up tale, why should we listen to him regarding free will? Pretty much wasting our time. I'm not interested in what the celestials have to say when they go against God. Isn't that what demons do?

No, demons cause people to deny that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I'm sorry, I dont remember saying anything about the flood being a fable, you must have me mistaken with someone else. My commentary on 'free will' stands, and is open to be critiqued and challenged any intelligent thinker. A precursory study on free will in general is recommended from a metaphysical and philosophical perspective, a subject debated for centuries. We've challenged the Calvinist view and TULIP here and elsewhere, showing there to be ample scriptural evidence for it, plus the reality of CHOICE in our everyday human experience. You are free to respond to this in any number of ways. Freedom to do so, is self evident.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets review what GOD says....................

Lets review what GOD says....................

I think the points he shares are quite pertinent, valid and important. Their logic, wisdom and truth speaks for itself, showing flaws in Calvinism.

I dont recall saying any such thing per se. God is LOVE. What is Love's will? God gives us freedom of choice, and that faculty is inherent within us as well, being that we are made/created in God's own image and likeness, having freedom within consciousness to choose 'this' or 'that', 'life' or 'death', 'blessing' or 'cursing',...the reality of 'choice' is hard to deny. - in fact its against God's own testimony and witness.

Lets review a most important 'scripture' here about this :) - meditate on it ;) - Did God say this or not?

- Deuteronomy 30:1-19

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, I dont remember saying anything about the flood being a fable, you must have me mistaken with someone else. My commentary on 'free will' stands, and is open to be critiqued and challenged any intelligent thinker. A precursory study on free will in general is recommended from a metaphysical and philosophical perspective, a subject debated for centuries. We've challenged the Calvinist view and TULIP here and elsewhere, showing there to be ample scriptural evidence for it, plus the reality of CHOICE in our everyday human experience. You are free to respond to this in any number of ways. Freedom to do so, is self evident.
You suggested that I read and study the unrantia with all my heart, the book that denies the real flood. You preach the book. You're guilty even though you never said it yourself. You're hiding.

Intelligence goes to the grave. Your spirit knows well enough not to follow beings that cheat God. Get with the program

Robert Pate

Banned
The only ones that will be in hell are those who have rejected God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ. Calvinism is an out right rejection of the Gospel and salvation by grace through. faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism teaches rejectors will be in hell.

I throughly and completely reject any doctrine that makes God unjust.

It is not possible to have saving faith in an unjust God that predestinates people to hell before they are born.

You don't have faith in God, nor do you have faith in Christ.

What you have faith in is a doctrine that was conceived in the mind of a heretic.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You have many false preconceptions.......

You have many false preconceptions.......

You suggested that I read and study the unrantia with all my heart, the book that denies the real flood. You preach the book. You're guilty even though you never said it yourself. You're hiding.

We have a thread on the UB, correct. I suggested you first read it or familiarize yourself with what it actually teaches, instead of just presume, presuppose or distort the text,...which is most logical and essential if we are to discuss or debate the contents. This is FAR from asking you to read it with "all your heart". - I never said or implied such a thing,...that is ridiculous. Not only do we have 'ignorance' displayed here, but distortion and misperception on many levels. Any intelligent person can go to our UB thread and read my commentary there for themselves to discover the truth of the matter.

We might note as well, that I've never even discussed the flood on that thread to my knowledge.

Intelligence goes to the grave. Your spirit knows well enough not to follow beings that cheat God. Get with the program

I'm fully cognizant in the presence of 'God' NOW, and am fully responsible and at peace with whatever knowledge or wisdom the Spirit has afforded me, and since revelation is progressive, I look forward to greater unfolding of revelation in the stream of time, along the course of my spiritual journey. You are the only one going on about 'urantia'. We have a thread for that subject,...we've already educated you about the book there, if you want to discuss it more, go there and be schooled.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
We have a thread on the UB, correct. I suggested you first read it or familiarize yourself with what it actually teaches, instead of just presume, presuppose or distort the text,...which is most logical and essential if we are to discuss or debate the contents. This is FAR from asking you to read it with "all your heart". - I never said or implied such a thing,...that is ridiculous. Not only do we have 'ignorance' displayed here, but distortion and misperception on many levels. Any intelligent person can go to our UB thread and read my commentary there for themselves to discover the truth of the matter.

We might note as well, that I've never even discussed the flood on that thread to my knowledge.

I'm fully cognizant in the presence of 'God' NOW, and am fully responsible and at peace with whatever knowledge or wisdom the Spirit has afforded me, and since revelation is progressive, I look forward to greater unfolding of revelation in the stream of time, along the course of my spiritual journey. You are the only one going on about 'urantia'. We have a thread for that subject,...we've already educated you about the book there, if you want to discuss it more, go there and be schooled.
You laughed at my Bible. You don't take it seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.