Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearing The Holy Spirit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    is that your opinion?
    I said
    lolol You should go find a childrens section. Maybe you can impress them, because your just looking childish over here.

    Comment


    • #17
      If you don't know the Holy Spirit the devil can deceive you.

      Comment


      • #18
        [Jas 3:17
        17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

        Comment


        • #19
          [1Co 2:1-5, 9-15
          1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
          2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
          3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
          4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
          5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. ...
          9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
          10 But God has revealed [them] to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
          11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
          12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
          13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
          15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is [rightly] judged by no one.

          Comment


          • #20
            The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
              The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
              Do you have a quote for that?
              "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

              @Nee_Nihilo

              Comment


              • #22
                The Spirit regenerates, quickens, enlightens convicts, comforts, draws, works faith, unites to Christ, indwells, teaches, cleanses, leads, assures, seals, assists, intercedes, transforms, preserves, and confirms. Your trying to tell us that He does this only through quoting verses. Give us the scripture that says that.
                He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                Jim Elliot

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                  Do you have a quote for that?
                  I said
                  Yes I do. The Holy Spirit will teach us ALL things by bringing verses to remembrance(quoting verses)

                  [Jhn 14:26
                  [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

                  And He is NOT ALLOWED to speak any other way.

                  [Jhn 16:13–14
                  [13] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
                  [14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                    The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
                    Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                    Do you have a quote for that?
                    Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                    I said
                    Yes I do. The Holy Spirit will teach us ALL things by bringing verses to remembrance(quoting verses)
                    Yes, that "quoting verses" thing---do you have a quote for that?
                    Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                    [Jhn 14:26
                    [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
                    Yes, this promise was made by Christ to His Apostles, and it was fulfilled after He Ascended. This is why we believe that Apostolic oral tradition is the Word of God.
                    Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                    And He is NOT ALLOWED to speak any other way.
                    Do you have a quote for this?
                    Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                    [Jhn 16:13–14
                    [13] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
                    [14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
                    Yes, again, here is Christ speaking to His Apostles, and neither you nor I are them, and I still can't find your phrase "quoting verses" in either of these passages you have quoted.

                    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

                    @Nee_Nihilo

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Idolater View Post
                      Yes, that "quoting verses" thing---do you have a quote for that?
                      Yes, this promise was made by Christ to His Apostles, and it was fulfilled after He Ascended. This is why we believe that Apostolic oral tradition is the Word of God.
                      Do you have a quote for this?
                      Yes, again, here is Christ speaking to His Apostles, and neither you nor I are them, and I still can't find your phrase "quoting verses" in either of these passages you have quoted.

                      I said
                      lol This is some kind of joke right.
                      Just in case you really cant see it. If you remember a verse in your head word for word out of the new testament. That is the Holy Spirit putting it there by quoting the verse.


                      [Jhn 14:26
                      [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Squeaky you don't want to touch post 22 do you?
                        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                        Jim Elliot

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                          Squeaky you don't want to touch post 22 do you?
                          I said
                          I did. But after that last post I understand why you couldnt see it. He does all that by quoting verses. Or I should say He done all that to me by quoting verses. Of course the OP seems to have left you out.


                          [Jhn 14:26
                          [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                            I said
                            I did. But after that last post I understand why you couldnt see it. He does all that by quoting verses. Or I should say He done all that to me by quoting verses. Of course the OP seems to have left you out.


                            [Jhn 14:26
                            [26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
                            You tell me. If He teaches why is necessarily through verses. Oh how you err.
                            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                            Jim Elliot

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                              You tell me. If He teaches why is necessarily through verses. Oh how you err.
                              I said
                              That is why He is Holy. He only quotes the Holy Word of God.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X