Hearing The Holy Spirit

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Spirit regenerates, quickens, enlightens convicts, comforts, draws, works faith, unites to Christ, indwells, teaches, cleanses, leads, assures, seals, assists, intercedes, transforms, preserves, and confirms. Your trying to tell us that He does this only through quoting verses. Give us the scripture that says that.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you have a quote for that?

I said
Yes I do. The Holy Spirit will teach us ALL things by bringing verses to remembrance(quoting verses)

[Jhn 14:26
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

And He is NOT ALLOWED to speak any other way.

[Jhn 16:13–14
[13] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
[14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
Do you have a quote for that?
I said
Yes I do. The Holy Spirit will teach us ALL things by bringing verses to remembrance(quoting verses)
Yes, that "quoting verses" thing---do you have a quote for that?
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Yes, this promise was made by Christ to His Apostles, and it was fulfilled after He Ascended. This is why we believe that Apostolic oral tradition is the Word of God.
And He is NOT ALLOWED to speak any other way.
Do you have a quote for this?
[Jhn 16:13–14
[13] "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
[14] "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
Yes, again, here is Christ speaking to His Apostles, and neither you nor I are them, and I still can't find your phrase "quoting verses" in either of these passages you have quoted.

:idunno:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that "quoting verses" thing---do you have a quote for that?
Yes, this promise was made by Christ to His Apostles, and it was fulfilled after He Ascended. This is why we believe that Apostolic oral tradition is the Word of God.
Do you have a quote for this?
Yes, again, here is Christ speaking to His Apostles, and neither you nor I are them, and I still can't find your phrase "quoting verses" in either of these passages you have quoted.

:idunno:

I said
lol This is some kind of joke right.
Just in case you really cant see it. If you remember a verse in your head word for word out of the new testament. That is the Holy Spirit putting it there by quoting the verse.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky you don't want to touch post 22 do you?

I said
I did. But after that last post I understand why you couldnt see it. He does all that by quoting verses. Or I should say He done all that to me by quoting verses. Of course the OP seems to have left you out.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I did. But after that last post I understand why you couldnt see it. He does all that by quoting verses. Or I should say He done all that to me by quoting verses. Of course the OP seems to have left you out.

You tell me. If He teaches why is necessarily through verses. Oh how you err.