Saved And Salvation Are Different

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I like that. Lets enlarge it a little. How 'bout the heart is the core of man's soul? 2. God's intent was to bring man to the know[ing] of Himself and that by the shed blood of Jesus which reconciled righteous/repentent man with Himself making possible the enabling of John 17:3 to be the only way of life, built upon the foundation of "Redemption" [the second covenant when factoring in the Law as being the first one]?

I said
I cant do that. The soul is the body of the inner man where affections come from. The spirit is the mind of the inner man where decisions come from.

Cross Reference

I said
I cant do that. The soul is the body of the inner man where affections come from. The spirit is the mind of the inner man where decisions come from.
If the soul is who you are, what does that make the "inner man" to be? You have it as being the storehouse of our affections. But what rules the soul of man, affections or affinities?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If the soul is who you are, what does that make the "inner man" to be? You have it as being the storehouse of our affections. But what rules the soul of man, affections or affinities?

I said
The inner man is who we are. It consists of the spirit and soul. spirit being the mind of our inner man and soul being the body of our inner man. I posted a revelation on the inner man.

Cross Reference

I said
The inner man is who we are. It consists of the spirit and soul. spirit being the mind of our inner man and soul being the body of our inner man. I posted a revelation on the inner man.

If we say man is soulish in determining his disposition, how does that fit in with your understanding of his spirit/mind? Is there a law in this to be considered here?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Soulishness is a well known saying about anyone who acts out in a soulish way, a work of his flesh, as opposed to a spiritual way. Did you know that?

I said
I not only didn't know that, I have never heard the word before. And I know it didn't come from the bible.

Cross Reference

I said
I not only didn't know that, I have never heard the word before. And I know it didn't come from the bible.

But it did come from how the Bible speaks about the flesh of man. Paul, in particular, writes of it in Romans 7 and the way of of danger in Romans 8:1 KJV.

BWT: I like your understanding as you have presented it. It doesn't take from mine. I like that.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But it did come from how the Bible speaks about the flesh of man. Paul, in particular, writes of it in Romans 7 and the way of of danger in Romans 8:1 KJV.

BWT: I like your understanding as you have presented it. It doesn't take from mine. I like that.

I said
The old testament looks at it different than the new testament. The old testament looks at the whole body as a living soul. The new testament looks at the flesh as emotions. And the soul is in the inner man.

Cross Reference

I said
The old testament looks at it different than the new testament. The old testament looks at the whole body as a living soul. The new testament looks at the flesh as emotions. And the soul is in the inner man.

It is. Re-read Paul Rom 7 and get his perspective; to understand it is the law opened to his understanding which slew him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is. Re-read Paul Rom 7 and get his perspective; to understand it is the law opened to his understanding which slew him.

I said
I have a revelation posted on the "Inner Man" just a little ways down the board. I would ask you to go read it so we might get on the same page.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What "law" is it that Paul is referring to that equates with the soul of man as God constructed him?

I said
That satan will always be present. There will always be a sin we cant get rid of.

Rom 7:23
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(NKJ)