How many Gods?

COGTHW

Answers pls.

One God.

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

There is no "trinity" that is a lie from Hell.

One God who manifest Himself as the Father, as the Son, and as the Holy Ghost with one name.

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Jesus Christ is that God, not the "man" Jesus. For God is a Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

One God, all in the name of Jesus.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Give us the Scripture saying that Jesus is God too.
He doesn't think that Jesus is GOD too.
He believes Jesus is the only GOD. He does not believe that the Father is distinct from the Son or the Holy Spirit, but that Christ is all three of them.
COTGHW believes in a form of modalism, in which only one person plays different roles at different times (one role being the Father, one role being the Son, and one role being the Holy Spirit).

COGTHW

Give us the Scripture saying that Jesus is God too.

Isaiah 45:6 'That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.'
No God but He.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Jesus is that God.

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Jesus is He.

COGTHW

He doesn't think that Jesus is GOD too.
He believes Jesus is the only GOD. He does not believe that the Father is distinct from the Son or the Holy Spirit, but that Christ is all three of them.
COTGHW believes in a form of modalism, in which only one person plays different roles at different times (one role being the Father, one role being the Son, and one role being the Holy Spirit).

Yea you play different roles as well. You might be a Wife,Daughter,CEO. Don't mean you three separate beings. Just three different titles.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yea you play different roles as well. You might be a Wife,Daughter,CEO. Don't mean you three separate beings. Just three different titles.
But I can not be my own daughter or my own mother.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How many Gods?

There is one church made up of many persons.

There is one God made up of many persons.

No matter the kind, a son is of his father's kind, i.e. reproduction of like kind.

Rabbits don't give birth to elephants and the Father doesn't give birth to humans.

This is not that difficult to understand.

versavia

33 milions in India only...
One God revealed in three separate and distinct, co-equal and co-eternal persons.
Does this mean three Gods?
One of the names of the God of Israel is "Gods". Why?

Elohim is plural but it is not an indicator of more than one god. Because Elohim is used with singular verbs then it means this plural noun is translated as a singular noun in other languages. In a verse like 1 Samuel 28:13 where Elohim is used with a plural verb (olim in that verse, ascending) then Elohim would be translated as gods. The use of singular verbs in Hebrew when referring to YHWH (the God of Israel) demands that despite the plural ending, Elohim when referring YHWH is speaking of one single God.
There are some who also teach that the plural ending was given to enhance the meaning. In other words, by making eloah (God) plural you are essentially making it weightier...as in "God of gods." I read Hebrew fairly well but don't know all the nuances to say that is true or not. Just sharing it so that others can consider it.
(1) Are two YHVHs in a verse? Who knows?

(2) Verbs in a singular form?

Ecclesiastes 12:1: "Remember now you creator…" [Literally: creators.]

Psalm 149:2: "Let Israel rejoice in their Maker." [Literally: makers.]

Joshua 24:19: "…holy God…" [Literally: holy Gods.]

Isaiah 54:5: "For your Maker is your husband…" [Literally: makers, husbands.]
(2)
Plural verbs used with Elohim:

Genesis 20:13: "And it came to pass, when God (Elohim) caused me to wander [literally: They caused me to wander] from my father's house…
Genesis 35:7: "…because there God (Elohim) appeared unto him…" [Literally: They appeared unto him.]
2 Samuel 7:23: "…God (Elohim) went…" [Literally: They went.]
Psalm 58:12: "Surely He is God (Elohim) who judges…[Literally: They judge.]
(3) Many Christians do not know their God!

But this is not bad too..they believe what other people say....Faith is good...because not all can understand who is their God.
(4) Has somebody heard about the Tawhid concept?
(5) At the end let's define WHAT is ONE.
(6) Yes. There is a subordination in the Godhead. But why?

versavia

Who are gods also according to the Bible and according to the words of Jesus?

Can we say that God is an Alien if He is NOT a man?

I and my Father are one.
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
John 10