The Human Mind

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You just agreed that anyone from the old testament are thieves and robbers. So are you going to keep following the thieves and robbers or are you going to follow Jesus and the new testament?

[Jhn 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Shalom.

Actually, I do not know what you mean by old testament. However, if you believe that all who ever came before Jesus are thieves and robbers, you do well. However, do not neglect the word of God spoken by the people of God, from the Levites to the prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Actually, I do not know what you mean by old testament. However, if you believe that all who ever came before Jesus are thieves and robbers, you do well. However, do not neglect the word of God spoken by the people of God, from the Levites to the prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob
What do you know about Levites? Did they make Levi's jeans?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. The Levites ministered in the tabernacle and in the temple. They were charged with communicating to the people the word of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol You don't know the truth when you hear it. And now you prove you don't know a joke when you hear it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
THE MIND
1 Cor 1:10
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
Rom 15:5-7
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.
2 Cor 8:12
12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
2 Cor 13:10-11
10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the authority which the Lord has given me for edification and not for destruction.
11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
Phil 1:27
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
Phil 2:1-5
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
Phil 3:15-16
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
Phil 3:17-21
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame-- who set their mind on earthly things.
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
Col 2:18-19
18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.
Col 3:2
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
1 Pet 3:8-9
8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;
9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
Heb 10:30
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
Phil 3:18-21
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame-- who set their mind on earthly things.
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

XXX The mind is the area in us where all decisions are made. Its where we collect all our ideas from, all our logic from, all interpretation of our emotions and feelings from. Its where our Spirit sets and listens to decide a matter. All thoughts come from the different spirits that are in us. We have a guardian angel that gives us the right thoughts. And we have the devil giving us the wrong thoughts. If we are blessed with the Holy Spirit He will tells us with a verse which spirit is speaking.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 5:7-8
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
(NKJ)

Eph 4:22-24
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
(NKJ)

Col 3:10
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
(NKJ)

John 3:33-34
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

It is precisely this sort of utter nonsense that passes for Christianity in the minds of seemingly everyone, most especially atheists. But not just atheists! Poor deluded morons like The Squeaker here, who exist throughout "Christianity" wouldn't argue with a word of what he's said here. Yes, they might get into a doctrinal dispute over guardian angels and/or the degree to which "the devil" influences people but that's all just academics and details. The vast number of people who call themselves Christians and who probably love Christ would mindlessly agree with the gist of this colossally disastrous opening post which states something absolutely contrary to the truth. No, worse than that, it states something that intentionally disconnects, disables and destroys that which enables us to detect the truth and differentiate it from a lie.

Make no mistake about it. What The Squeak wants you to believe is that Christianity is entered into and progressed in via a process that is CONTRARY to your mind! He wants you to replace the proper use of your mind with what amounts to mystical hunches that you have no means whatsoever to verify, validate or prove. If what he claims in this opening post is the truth, you may as well go to Waco, TX and join up with what's left of the Branch Davidians because Koresh could quote scripture to you till you and he both turned blue in the face and then burned to death after Satan, um - uh - I mean the U.S. government, set your house on fire.

He (The Squeaker) will object and insist that the way his mystical hunches are verified is through God's Word. Well, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn and all the "Christian" con artists from time and memorial all make (or made) the exact same claim. If pressed, he'd have no way at all to prove any of them wrong because he has turned off the only tool he has with which to do so and wants you to do the same.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Isaiah 1:18

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is precisely this sort of utter nonsense that passes for Christianity in the minds of seemingly everyone, most especially atheists. But not just atheists! Poor deluded morons like The Squeaker here, who exist throughout "Christianity" wouldn't argue with a word of what he's said here. Yes, they might get into a doctrinal dispute over guardian angels and/or the degree to which "the devil" influences people but that's all just academics and details. The vast number of people who call themselves Christians and who probably love Christ would mindlessly agree with the gist of this colossally disastrous opening post which states something absolutely contrary to the truth. No, worse than that, it states something that intentionally disconnects, disables and destroys that which enables us to detect the truth and differentiate it from a lie.

Make no mistake about it. What The Squeak wants you to believe is that Christianity is entered into and progressed in via a process that is CONTRARY to your mind! He wants you to replace the proper use of your mind with what amounts to mystical hunches that you have no means whatsoever to verify, validate or prove. If what he claims in this opening post is the truth, you may as well go to Waco, TX and join up with what's left of the Branch Davidians because Koresh could quote scripture to you till you and he both turned blue in the face and then burned to death after Satan, um - uh - I mean the U.S. government, set your house on fire.

He (The Squeaker) will object and insist that the way his mystical hunches are verified is through God's Word. Well, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Paul Crouch and Benny Hinn and all the "Christian" con artists from time and memorial all make (or made) the exact same claim. If pressed, he'd have no way at all to prove any of them wrong because he has turned off the only tool he has with which to do so and wants you to do the same.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Isaiah 1:18

I said
You came up with all that from your carnal mind. And at the end of all that carnally minded opinion you have one little verse. From the old testament. Your using your carnal logic to criticize one of the revelations of Jesus Christ from the new testament. Well if nothing else its sure plain to see the difference between the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. You do provide a good example of the carnal mind.

Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said
You came up with all that from your carnal mind. And at the end of all that carnally minded opinion you have one little verse. From the old testament. Your using your carnal logic to criticize one of the revelations of Jesus Christ from the new testament. Well if nothing else its sure plain to see the difference between the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. You do provide a good example of the carnal mind.

Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
(NKJ)

See what I mean?

The Squeak has fallen for this stupidity so completely that he cannot see when he undermines his own doctrine!

He's a lost cause. The question is, are you (whoever might be reading this)?

Can you see the error? Can you see the self-contradiction? Can you see the self-defeating, self-stultifying, self-stupefying insanity that the Squeak wants you to accept as wisdom?

Resting in Him,
Clete

I Samuel 12:7

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
See what I mean?

The Squeak has fallen for this stupidity so completely that he cannot see when he undermines his own doctrine!

He's a lost cause. The question is, are you (whoever might be reading this)?

Can you see the error? Can you see the self-contradiction? Can you see the self-defeating, self-stultifying, self-stupefying insanity that the Squeak wants you to accept as wisdom?

Resting in Him,
Clete

I Samuel 12:7

I said\
That is all you can come up with. A bunch of rambling and again one old testament verse. You have a lot of purging to do to find spiritual thinking.
[Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I said\
That is all you can come up with. A bunch of rambling and again one old testament verse. You have a lot of purging to do to find spiritual thinking.
[Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

:rotfl:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol I know the bible talks about people like you. lol I think I'm the only one that is reading this. When people see your name they just pass right on by it.

[Jde 1:16
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling [words], flattering people to gain advantage.