Lordship

Status
Not open for further replies.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
If he's not Lord of all. He's not Lord at all (Lk 6:46).

Here, you are claiming that there are some over whom Jesus is not Lord at all. That is to say, you are denying Jesus' Lordship over some. Just one of the many hypocrisies of Lordship Salvationism.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[If he's not Lord of all. He's not Lord at all (Lk 6:46).] Here, you are claiming that there are some over whom Jesus is not Lord at all.

He is not their savior--:listen: they wouldn't let him be. Eph 4:14

“You and I are living in a universe where there is a God, a loving God, a God whose heart goes out in love and yearning over you. But I want to say this to you: if you turn your back on Him He will judge you even though He still loves you. He is the righteous God of this universe.” ― J. Vernon McGee, Jeremiah and Lamentations

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hi SD and why not explain Rom 7:25 and what is the MIND to serve God's law mean ??

Paul has learned that no attempt to keep the law can lead to spirituality (7:24–25).
1. The agony of Paul’s problem (7:24) : “What a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?”
2. The answer to Paul’s problem (7:25) : “Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.” Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Christ is the mind. We are the body. The foot doesn’t run off into another direction. :dizzy:

DAN P

Christ is the mind. We are the body. The foot doesn’t run off into another direction. :dizzy:

Hi sd , and read 1 Cor 2:16 where the verb HAVE is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuously having the MIND OF CHRIST and that means all believers in the B O C under GRACE !!

dan p

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hi sd , and read 1 Cor 2:16 where the verb HAVE is in the PRESENT TENSE of continuously having the MIND OF CHRIST ...

Do you reject perseverance? If you fall away, stab Jesus in the back, depart from us—how ever you’d like to put it—you aren’t a Christian ( 1 Jn 2:19). :plain: Christians persevere (Re 12:11). :straight: Make believers and unbelievers do not. :hammer:

III. THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS WAS RESERVED FOR THE HEIRS OF THIS WORLD (2:9–16).
A. Concealed from the human spirit (2:9): No mortal can ever see, hear, or even imagine what wonderful things God has prepared for those who love him.
B. Revealed by the Holy Spirit (2:10–16)
1. What he does (2:10–12): He reveals to us God’s deepest secrets.
2. How he does it (2:13–16): This is accomplished through the Scriptures. Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Are good works pointless? :smokie: Jn 15:6, Eph 2:10, Jas 2:26

"License is rejection of God's code of conduct." ~ James MacDonald Jud 4

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Enyart, the antinomian (2 Pe 2:1)--playing fast and loose :banana: with the words of Paul. :poly:

See:

Response, Request, Reminder Alistair Begg

serpentdove the liar using a fallacious adhominem argument!

Just how far has this sort of intentionally dishonest tactic ever gotten you with anyone who didn't already agree with your legalism?

Have you ever listened even one of Bob Enyart's bible studies? - NO!
Do you know ANYTHING at all about his ministry? - NOT ONE SINGLE THING!

I'll let you in on a secret, Paul the Apostle was also slandered in this exact same way!

Slander is a sin serpentdove! I thought you "sinned less"!

You're a hypocrite is what you are. You speak without having any idea what you're talking about, slandering people and ministries you know nothing about. Your condemnation is just! (Rom. 3:8)

How many fornicators are members in good standing at your church? Do you even know? Would you care? Bob would!

What would your pastor do if he discovered that you were fornicating (or worse)? Anything? Would he even bother to ask you about such a thing? Bob would!

Has your pastor ever removed a single person from your congregation because of their sin - like Bob has?

What does your pastor say about abortion? Has he got the guts to say that it's murder from the pulpit - the way Bob does?

What does your pastor say about homosexuality? Has he got the courage to say from the pulpit that its a filthy disgusting sin that should be a criminal act and that the society would be better off if they were executed instead of "tolerated" - like Bob does?

Has your pastor even one single time ever discussed from the pulpit what justice is, what it looks like and why - like Bob does?

I can tell you right now that Bob Enyart has more understanding of the bible in his little finger than you'd have if you lived a thousand life times and he is the very exact opposite of anything that could possibly be characterized as "light on sin". You don't know anything about him or his teaching and you aught to be ashamed of yourself for opening your mouth to slander a man who loves God with all his heart, who has devoted his life to teaching others about God, the bible and righteousness, and is directly responsible for the salvation of more people than you probable even know. You owe him and anyone associated with his ministry an apology!

Clete

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If you believe in this lordship salvation heresy then you argue against yourself with this passage!

What is the premise of Paul's statement here? What is the truth that underlies his entire point? What fact of our salvation makes his comments here necessary? From what line of reasoning does what you quoted follow?

Would grace abound if we did continue to sin?

YES!

That's the whole point of grace! That's why it's grace! You guys want to turn grace into law by pretending that because Paul teaches that we SHOUDLN'T sin that grace may abound, he actually teaches that grace WILL NOT abound if we do! But he doesn't teach that! In fact he had just got through teaching that grace abounds much more than sin just one sentence prior to what you quoted...

Romans 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Resting in Him,
Clete

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Lordship] serpentdove the liar…

:yawn: Ad hominem (Eph 4:14)

My Lord and my God (Jn 20:28).

Every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God (Ro 14:11). :juggle:

…[Y]our legalism?

:yawn: “He Alpha and Omega—the beginning and the end and here I am stuck in the middle with you…Greasy gracers
elvis.gif
to the Left of me, Judaizers :eek:linger: to the right, here I am.” Stuck in the Middle with You :freak: Patrick Winfrey
Have you ever listened even one of Bob Enyart's bible studies? No.
:yawn: Yes (Eph 4:14).
Do you know anything at all about his ministry? Not one single thing.
:yawn: Yes (Eph 4:14).
I'll let you in on a secret, Paul the Apostle was also slandered in this exact same way.
:dizzy: Paul was God-honoring. Enyart is a used car salesman (2 Pe 2:1). Ask him about what he did to his wife (Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33). :idunno:
Slander is a sin serpentdove.
:yawn: Do you mean libel? :eek: Eph 4:14
I thought you "sinned less".
:yawn: The Christian isn't sinless. He sins less (1 Jn 3:9).
You're a hypocrite…
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:
…[Y]ou speak without having any idea what you're talking about…
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:
landering people…

:yawn: Learn the difference :listen: between :hammer: slander and libel (Eph 4:14).
drool.gif

…and ministries you know nothing about.
:yawn: Marriage is: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3). :straight:
[Adultery/fornication/church discipline] ...Would you care?...
How did that work out for his wife? :rolleyes: Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33
…I can tell you right now that Bob Enyart has more understanding of the bible in his little finger than you'd have if you lived a thousand life times…
:yawn: Understanding it :listen: and living it are two different things (Matt. 19:3–9, Eph. 5:25–33). :hammer:

“Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

…[Y]ou ought to be ashamed of yourself for opening your mouth…
:yawn: Ro 1:16
…to slander a man who loves God with all his heart…
"When you come to Harvest [Bible Chapel], we're going to ask you: How are you treating your wife? How are you treating your kids?" ~ Jeff Schwarzentraub
…[W]ho has devoted his life to teaching others about God, the bible and righteousness…

All say. No play (Ro 12:9).
smileys-hockey-and-ice-hockey-053496.gif

"Man's own religion usually descends to the fleshly life to which they themselves practice." ~ Jim Andrews

See:

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told J. Vernon McGee

…You owe him and anyone associated with his ministry an apology.
:yawn: 1 Ti 1:7

... Marriage is: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3)... :straight:

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Would grace abound if we did continue to sin?

Why do you continue to sin? :plain: 1 Jn 3:9. Dead Baptists like Enyart reject the Spirit (Ro 8:14). :listen: You have no reason to have assurance of salvation if you live habitually in sin.

Are you a member of Enyart’s brothel?
stripper.gif
Encourage him to have a debate with Dr. Webb (he’s old—before he dies).

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Slander is a sin serpentdove! I thought you "sinned less"!
:yawn: Do you mean libel? :eek: Eph 4:14

Oh, because 'slander' and 'libel' are really not just two, different words denoting one and the same sin, I suppose?

After all, I found no mention, in Scripture, of libel as being a sin! Libel on, sinless one!

Here's Psalm 101:5:
Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off...

Good news for mute persons, eh? That's one they may as well wholly disregard, thinking to themselves, "Ha! I couldn't even slander my neighbour if I wanted to!"

What about A defaming B in the audience of C (A's hired amanuensis, who is creating a written record of A's defamation of B)? Is A guilty of slandering B? Of libeling B? Of both? Of neither? What do you say?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I john 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Here's Psalm 101:5:
Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off...

:yawn: You believe Enyart tells the truth. I believe he’s an antinomian who leads people to hell (2 Pe 2:1).

“I prefer clarity to agreement.” ~ Dennis Prager

Status
Not open for further replies.