It's "Catholic Church" not "RCC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beameup

In this forum you will often see the acronym RCC tossed about. Sometimes it is done in innocence, but very often it is done out of malice by people who know better.

The Catholic Church is the "Catholic Church", not the Roman Catholic Church. Within the Catholic Church, there are many "Rites": The Maronite Rite, the Syriac Rite, the Chaldean Rite, the Byzantine Rite, and many many other "Rites" or Churches, and also included is the Latin Rite, or "Roman" rite if you will. The Roman Catholic Church is a part of the Catholic Church, but that is all.

What all these Churches - or "Rites" - have in common is doctrine, and submission to the Pope as the Successor of Peter and earthly head of the Church. Not all Catholics are "Latin Rite" Catholics though, and some Catholics can find it rather offensive when the Church is continually referred to as the RCC.

As a test of how well they all get along together, shall we have a look at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, where all the "rites" are together.
Shall we characterize the "unity" there as "hunky-dory", or otherwise? :rotfl:

You don't get it.

Anyone that acknowledges the primacy of the Bishop of Rome as the Pope is a Roman Catholic, regardless of whether they have anything to do with the Latin Rite.

"I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints" etc. (The Apostles Creed)

"We believe in One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church" (The Nicene Creed)

not... "We believe in the Roman Catholic Church"

True Christians belong to Christ's body which is the Catholic Church. There is no such thing as a Roman Catholic Church. There is however, the Catholic Church with it's home base in Rome. Catholic means "universal". It's not confined to one city. Also,there is no difference between a true Catholic and a true Christian. They are one in the same. Very few people today are true Christians. Why? They have abandoned the traditions to go after their own interpretations of a concocted false book that they call a Bible. Not only do their interpretations contradict one another, but the very "bibles" which they claim are the infallible Word of God" contradict one another (from version to version). This is because men twist the translations to fit their false interpretations. They wouldn't want to be reading from a so called "bible" that contradicts their false gospel. Luther even wanted to remove several books from the true Bible for this very reason. The Latin Vulgate is the only true infallible Bible. There is no other. The original Douay Rheims (a translation of the Latin Vulgate) is the closest thing to infallible that we have in the English language. Toss the rest in the trash, because that's where they belong. They are the words of men (not the Word of God). Yes, even much of the Greek and Hebrew had already been corrupted at the time of St. Jerome's translation. None of the infallible manuscripts used by Jerome exist anymore.

Now as for the abomination that currently resides in Catholic Church buildings,that religion is not Catholic at all (although it claims to be) and neither should those who belong to it, claim to be Catholics or Christians. It is no doubt, "the whore of Babylon", spoken of in the true Scriptures. They too have abandoned the traditions and preach a false ecumenical imitation gospel. Heretics (not Catholics) currently reside there, and heretics cannot hold offices in the Catholic Church. They cut themselves off, by their heresy. This includes the person currently claiming to be the Pope.

Last edited:

clefty

"I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints" etc. (The Apostles Creed)

"We believe in One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church" (The Nicene Creed)

not... "We believe in the Roman Catholic Church"

True Christians belong to Christ's body which is the Catholic Church. There is no such thing as a Roman Catholic Church. There is however, the Catholic Church with it's home base in Rome. Catholic means "universal". It's not confined to one city. Also,there is no difference between a true Catholic and a true Christian. They are one in the same. Very few people today are true Christians. Why? They have abandoned the traditions to go after their own interpretations of a concocted false book that they call a Bible. Not only do their interpretations contradict one another, but the very "bibles" which they claim are the infallible Word of God" contradict one another (from version to version). This is because men twist the translations to fit their false interpretations. They wouldn't want to be reading from a so called "bible" that contradicts their false gospel. Luther even wanted to remove several books from the true Bible for this very reason. The Latin Vulgate is the only true infallible Bible. There is no other. The original Douay Rheims (a translation of the Latin Vulgate) is the closest thing to infallible that we have in the English language. Toss the rest in the trash, because that's where they belong. They are the words of men (not the Word of God). Yes, even much of the Greek and Hebrew had already been corrupted at the time of St. Jerome's translation. None of the infallible manuscripts used by Jerome exist anymore.

Now as for the abomination that currently resides in Catholic Church buildings,that religion is not Catholic at all (although it claims to be) and neither should those who belong to it, claim to be Catholics or Christians. It is no doubt, "the whore of Babylon", spoken of in the true Scriptures. They too have abandoned the traditions and preach a false ecumenical imitation gospel. Heretics (not Catholics) currently reside there, and heretics cannot hold offices in the Catholic Church. They cut themselves off, by their heresy. This includes the person currently claiming to be the Pope.

Oh my...the seat is empty...

Three choices...1.) the Holy Spirit still chooses who sits upon it and you (and I) must accept it...2.) or It lost control of the Curia and the gates of hell DO prevail or 3.) that seat has been in heresy since long long ago...since the “catholic fathers” followed jewish false witness that Yahushua DID change the customs Moses delivered...

I protest it is the third...

This current post V2 regime is merely an ecumenical glove on a catholic fist...a means to a catholic end

As the counter reformation continues its victory the militant church will rise and assume its catholic end...Rev 13 assures us that

Three choices...1.) the Holy Spirit still chooses who sits upon it and you (and I) must accept it...

I don't have to accept any public heretic. The Holy Spirit doesn't take away a persons free will to spew heresy. The Holy Spirit tells us to reject such persons in Scripture and Tradition. They have no authority or ministry. They are anathema.

2.) or It lost control of the Curia and the gates of hell DO prevail

The gates of Hell prevail no more now, then they did during the Arian heresy when Pope Liberius and 99% of the Bishops apostatized.

3.) that seat has been in heresy since long long ago...since the “catholic fathers” followed jewish false witness that Yahushua DID change the customs Moses delivered...

Try speaking with a little more clarity.

genuineoriginal

There is no such thing as a Roman Catholic Church. There is however, the Catholic Church with it's home base in Rome. Catholic means "universal".
I don't care that some people declared the Roman bishop to be the head of the universal church.
The Roman bishop had no more authority than the other 1,800 bishops of the Christian church at the time the declaration was made.

Very few people today are true Christians. Why? They have abandoned the traditions to go after their own interpretations of a concocted false book that they call a Bible. Not only do their interpretations contradict one another, but the very "bibles" which they claim are the infallible Word of God" contradict one another (from version to version). This is because men twist the translations to fit their false interpretations.
The problem is not with the translations, since all translations contain the truth needed for salvation.
The problem is always with the doctrines of men that contradict the teachings of the Bible.

Now as for the abomination that currently resides in Catholic Church buildings,that religion is not Catholic at all (although it claims to be) and neither should those who belong to it, claim to be Catholics or Christians.
I agree that the religion is not universal (catholic) despite the claims of the Catholic believers.
Catholic believers are Christians, despite being taught many heretical doctrines of men that contradict the teachings of the Bible.

It is no doubt, "the whore of Babylon", spoken of in the true Scriptures.
No, there is no way that the Catholic church can be the "whore of Babylon".
That is a lie that started during the Reformation.

genuineoriginal

Three choices...1.) the Holy Spirit still chooses who sits upon it and you (and I) must accept it...2.) or It lost control of the Curia and the gates of hell DO prevail or 3.) that seat has been in heresy since long long ago...since the “catholic fathers” followed jewish false witness that Yahushua DID change the customs Moses delivered...

I protest it is the third...
You missed the fourth one.
There is no seat.

clefty

You missed the fourth one.
There is no seat.

LOL...

But no I need Peter to have a seat to judge from...I need kosher eating Peter do look from that seat at what has become of “his church” that did NOT head his warnings but returned to their own vomit...I need Peter to have a seat as he might faint when he sees what has become of the church “he headed” through false teachings wolves in sheep clothing and by boastful claims man had the authority “to change both times and laws”

as Peter sits there he will think “well if change could be made why didn’t I compromise and make those changes to save myself insteading of preaching NO DISTINCTION between jew and goyim and dying for that UNCHANGEALBE custom Moses delivered?”...

Instead he was faithful uncompromising and obedient to Him His Way...His way...until the end

After his death that first century the changes came...Sabbath to sunday...pork eating... the images were added...the rosaries...the bread to literal flesh the sprinkling infant baptism...the trinity...the indulgences from purgatory...the latin mass

and then even further and continued changes our friend fisherofmen here finally considers too much...the V2 bomb...heretical even...like facing the congregation...

Or that the jews no longer needing Him...WOW BOOOM a real V2 rocket to Protestantism...and that I agree takes the cake of heresies and changed laws...https://www.chick.com/Information/article?id=Vatican-II-Changed-Only-Protestants

poor peter...what has become of “his church”

The keys were given to him...but he did NOT change them...the keys were changed later...and now no longer will open the locks they were intended to open...

BobRyan

In this forum you will often see the acronym RCC tossed about. Sometimes it is done in innocence, but very often it is done out of malice by people who know better.

RCC for "Roman Catholic Church" -- its just the initials. How in the world is that "malice"??

The Catholic Church is the "Catholic Church", not the Roman Catholic Church.

??

"
Roman Catholic is a term sometimes used to differentiate members of the Catholic Church in full communion with the Pope in Rome from other Christians, especially those who also self-identify as "Catholic"; mainly Anglo-Catholics and Independent Catholics. It is also sometimes used to differentiate adherents to the Latin Church and/or the Roman rite from other Catholics, i.e. adherents of the Eastern Catholic Churches."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_(term)

Do you think they post that definition out of malice ? anger? hate?

Do you think that people that read that definition then use the short-hand RCC are doing it out of malice? What would the malice idea be ??

Within the Catholic Church, there are many "Rites": The Maronite Rite, the Syriac Rite, the Chaldean Rite, the Byzantine Rite, and many many other "Rites" or Churches, and also included is the Latin Rite, or "Roman" rite if you will. The Roman Catholic Church is a part of the Catholic Church, but that is all.

Ok so then you do admit to the Roman Catholic Church - and RCC would be the shorthand for it -- right?

What all these Churches - or "Rites" - have in common is doctrine, and submission to the Pope

And .. the Eastern Catholic Churches.??
Eastern Catholic Churches or Oriental Catholic Churches, also called the Eastern-rite Catholic Churches

"The total membership of the various churches accounts for about 18 million, according to the Annuario Pontificio (the annual directory of the Catholic Church), thus making up about 1.5 percent of the Catholic Church, with the rest of its more than 1.2 billion members belonging to the Latin Church, also known as the Western Church or the Roman Catholic Church."

Do not "exist" in your view?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Anyone that acknowledges the primacy of the Bishop of Rome as the Pope is a Roman Catholic, regardless of whether they have anything to do with the Latin Rite.
Nah.

1. Catholics are those who have validly celebrated the sacraments of initiation. Roman Catholic is a rite, which concerns liturgy. Catholics who attend Roman Catholic Mass /Roman Catholic parishes can be called Roman Catholic.

2. Eastern Catholics are not Roman Catholics, but they acknowledge the primacy of the papacy.

3. I am not Catholic, Roman or otherwise, and I acknowledge the primacy of the papacy. I identify as Christian, non-Catholic but theologically Catholic, non-Orthodox, and Anti-Protestant. The latter because 'protest' in 'Protestant' refers to protesting the papacy, and I'm 'anti-' that protest.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

The Catholic Church is the "Catholic Church", not the Roman Catholic Church. Within the Catholic Church, there are many "Rites": The Maronite Rite, the Syriac Rite, the Chaldean Rite, the Byzantine Rite, and many many other "Rites" or Churches, and also included is the Latin Rite, or "Roman" rite if you will. The Roman Catholic Church is a part of the Catholic Church, but that is all.

What all these Churches - or "Rites" - have in common is doctrine, and submission to the Pope as the Successor of Peter and earthly head of the Church. Not all Catholics are "Latin Rite" Catholics though, and some Catholics can find it rather offensive when the Church is continually referred to as the RCC.

Now in America, its true that most Catholics are Latin Rite (Roman Catholic) but many are not. But if you go to some other countries you'll find that most Catholics are NOT Roman Catholics.

What does this say:

It says "Catechism of the Catholic Church". It does not say "Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church". That is an important point to remember.

Quote:
RITES

A Rite represents an ecclesiastical, or church, tradition about how the sacraments are to be celebrated. Each of the sacraments has at its core an essential nature which must be satisfied for the sacrament to be confected or realized. This essence – of matter, form and intention – derives from the divinely revealed nature of the particular sacrament. It cannot be changed by the Church. Scripture and Sacred Tradition, as interpreted by the Magisterium, tells us what is essential in each of the sacraments (2 Thes. 2:15).

When the apostles brought the Gospel to the major cultural centers of their day the essential elements of religious practice were inculturated into those cultures. This means that the essential elements were clothed in the symbols and trappings of the particular people, so that the rituals conveyed the desired spiritual meaning to that culture. In this way the Church becomes all things to all men that some might be saved (1 Cor. 9:22).

There are three major groupings of Rites based on this initial transmission of the faith, the Roman, the Antiochian (Syria) and the Alexandrian (Egypt). Later on the Byzantine derived as a major Rite from the Antiochian, under the influence of St. Basil and St. John Chrysostom. From these four derive the over 20 liturgical Rites present in the Church today.​

source: Catholic Rites and Churches

Personally, I would appreciate it if peopler referred to me as a Catholic, and my Church as the Catholic Church. It would be the respectful thing to do since nobody here really know what Rite me or other Catholics here actually are.

This has always bothered me.

This guy and Cruciform have all the good posts

oatmeal

Now in America, its true that most Catholics are Latin Rite (Roman Catholic) but many are not. But if you go to some other countries you'll find that most Catholics are NOT Roman Catholics.

What does this say:

It says "Catechism of the Catholic Church". It does not say "Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church". That is an important point to remember.

Quote:
RITES

A Rite represents an ecclesiastical, or church, tradition about how the sacraments are to be celebrated. Each of the sacraments has at its core an essential nature which must be satisfied for the sacrament to be confected or realized. This essence – of matter, form and intention – derives from the divinely revealed nature of the particular sacrament. It cannot be changed by the Church. Scripture and Sacred Tradition, as interpreted by the Magisterium, tells us what is essential in each of the sacraments (2 Thes. 2:15).

When the apostles brought the Gospel to the major cultural centers of their day the essential elements of religious practice were inculturated into those cultures. This means that the essential elements were clothed in the symbols and trappings of the particular people, so that the rituals conveyed the desired spiritual meaning to that culture. In this way the Church becomes all things to all men that some might be saved (1 Cor. 9:22).

There are three major groupings of Rites based on this initial transmission of the faith, the Roman, the Antiochian (Syria) and the Alexandrian (Egypt). Later on the Byzantine derived as a major Rite from the Antiochian, under the influence of St. Basil and St. John Chrysostom. From these four derive the over 20 liturgical Rites present in the Church today.​

source: Catholic Rites and Churches

Personally, I would appreciate it if peopler referred to me as a Catholic, and my Church as the Catholic Church. It would be the respectful thing to do since nobody here really know what Rite me or other Catholics here actually are.

Catholic means universal, it does not mean based in Rome.

It is the Roman Catholic Church, the RCC

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Nah.

1. Catholics are those who have validly celebrated the sacraments of initiation. Roman Catholic is a rite, which concerns liturgy. Catholics who attend Roman Catholic Mass /Roman Catholic parishes can be called Roman Catholic.

2. Eastern Catholics are not Roman Catholics, but they acknowledge the primacy of the papacy..

Correct.

3. I am not Catholic, Roman or otherwise, and I acknowledge the primacy of the papacy. I identify as Christian, non-Catholic but theologically Catholic, non-Orthodox, and Anti-Protestant. The latter because 'protest' in 'Protestant' refers to protesting the papacy, and I'm 'anti-' that protest.

Really! Interesting. Why not become a Catholic?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Catholic means universal, it does not mean based in Rome.
It is the Roman Catholic Church, the RCC

How childish your answer is, and wrong too. Are you even reading any of this?

Kato = According to
Holos = The Whole

In the book of Acts, "ekklesia kath holos," which is translated "the Church throughout all," is where the word "katholos" comes from.

Ἡ μὲν οὖν ἐκκλησία καθ' ὅλης τῆς Ἰουδαίας καὶ Γαλιλαίας καὶ Σαμαρείας εἶχεν εἰρήνην, οἰκοδομουμένη καὶ πορευομένη τῷ φόβῳ τοῦ κυρίου, καὶ τῇ παρακλήσει τοῦ ἁγίου πνεύματος ἐπληθύνετο.

The Catholic Church spans the globe. The successor of Peter is the Bishop of Rome, and that is why to church at Rome is predominent.

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Seems like you're trying awfully hard to find something to which to take offense.

The abbreviation is just a time-saver for posting. I guess I could use CC but in mind that's always going to be cubic centimeters.

Jarrod

Status
Not open for further replies.