Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree, Clete, except that some onlooker might benefit from us laying out the contrasting positions and sometimes I just feel the need to rehearse an argument that may be useful in a face to face encounter in the real world.
I completely agree! The occasional onlooker and practice for one's own benefit is the only really good reason to be doing this in the first place.

Like you, I mostly no longer have the patience but just now and then the gumption rises up in me to post something that I consider relevant, all the while being conscious of the fact that it's likely in futility.
I mostly just don't have the energy for long posts anymore.

Thanks for your acknowledgement.
Well, know that your post edified me! So....not futile!

God bless you!
Clete

Old Hat

@Old Hat: <NO ANSWER, STILL>

Either you're too embarrassed to tell us which of those three persons you are referring to by your word "God", or you are not even referring to one of them. Calling the question "silly" does not hide the fact that it makes you look silly by your failure and inability to deal with it rationally. Answer the question or get lost, you lying, Christ-hating heretic/troll.
Okay, so you're refusing to answer my question that proves your position false.

No worries, I myself don't have a problem moving on to another tactic.

Unlike yourself, I'm not out of options.

So, tell me, which person of your misinterpreted godhead is a spirit?

You can argue with the Bible all you like when it declares that God is a spirit in John 4:24, but you can't reconcile what it is teaching with your own false claim that God is three persons.

So, I say again, which person of your trio is a spirit?

Old Hat

I completely agree! The occasional onlooker and practice for one's own benefit is the only really good reason to be doing this in the first place.

Well, know that your post edified me! So....not futile!

God bless you!
Clete
So you guys live on this forum to speak only to those who agree with you on all points of your Faith?

And when you encounter those who disagree, who require more light, you run away cursing, and belittling, them rather than capitalizing on the opportunity to possibly teach them something?

That figures.

Old Hat

When you quote this text, to which one of these three persons are you referring by your word "Him":

1. The Father?
  2. The Son?
  3. The Holy Spirit?
Are you asking Moses?

Has he bothered replying to your silly question?

See if you can find any teaching of your trio in the rest of the Pentateuch. When you don't, that's Moses' answer to you.

Good luck.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Okay, so you're refusing to answer my question that proves your position false.
What "question" are you talking about?
So then you do agree that the Godhead is multiple Persons. The Holy Spirit is a spirit. No?

When you quote this text, to which one of these three persons are you referring by your word "Him":

1. The Father?
  2. The Son?
  3. The Holy Spirit?
@Old Hat: <NO ANSWER, STILL>
Are you asking Moses?
No, stupid. I'm asking you, stupid. I'm asking you what (if anything) you meant by a word you chose to say, stupid. Which is why I addressed the question to you, stupid, rather than address it to Moses. Why would I ask Moses what you meant by something you chose to say, stupid? I wouldn't. But clearly you're not right in the head, so, for aught I know, perhaps you imagine yourself to be Moses. Clearly you are deluded enough to imagine that whatever you say is Bible, so I couldn't rule out that your fruitcake mind imagines that you are Moses.

7djengo7

And when you encounter those who disagree, who require more light, you run away cursing, and belittling, them rather than capitalizing on the opportunity to possibly teach them something?

That figures.
Teeth-gnasher, just remember your expression of satisfaction at your thought of me burning in hell, you vicious, Christ-hating hypocrite:
Those who call evil good and good evil will burn in hell.

I guess one of us will be pretty crispy some day. ;)

God bless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You and I have done this in the past.

I eventually allowed you to believe what you insist on believing then as well.

Because you can't argue your position well enough to convince me.

I can't force you to see the Truth.

That assumes that you're the one with the Truth.

In fact, the Bible declares that you CAN'T see it (Him) unless He chooses for you to so ... it is what it is.

No, it doesn't say that.

All I can do is pray for you, feel sorry for you and keep teaching around, and despite, you.

Such is life.

Don't waste your energy. According to you, God has consigned me to win this discussion, so why do you go against Him?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
See if you can find any teaching of your trio in the rest of the Pentateuch. When you don't, that's Moses' answer to you.

From the first verse in the Bible...

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God (plural) created (singular verb) created the heavens and the earth.

To Sodom and Gomorrah...

Genesis 19:24
Then the LORD (Jesus) rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD (the Father) out of the heavens.

To the Shema Yisrael...

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, oh Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. ("one" of plural unity, not singularity)

Old Hat

What "question" are you talking about?
This will be my third time to ask it.

Stupid.

Once again:
If God is three persons, as YOU claim, which of those persons comes to live with us?

So then you do agree that the Godhead is multiple Persons.
Nope, that's not what the Bible teaches about the term godhead.
The Holy Spirit is a spirit. No?
What about the other two persons of God?

The Bible states that God is a spirit?

So only the Holy Spirit is God then?

What then are the Father and Son?

Not God?
No, stupid. I'm asking you, stupid. I'm asking you what (if anything) you meant by a word you chose to say, stupid. Which is why I addressed the question to you, stupid, rather than address it to Moses. Why would I ask Moses what you meant by something you chose to say, stupid? I wouldn't. But clearly you're not right in the head, so, for aught I know, perhaps you imagine yourself to be Moses. Clearly you are deluded enough to imagine that whatever you say is Bible, so I couldn't rule out that your fruitcake mind imagines that you are Moses.
It was a quote from Deuteronomy. A quote from the words of Moses.

Not my words.

Stupid.

7djengo7

What about the other two persons of God?
Here, once again, you are admitting that God is three persons. You are referring to the Trinity by your word "God". Oops.

So only the Holy Spirit is God then?
  • By your phrase "the Holy Spirit" are you (which would be asine) referring to the Father? Yes or No?
  • By your word "God" are you referring to the Father? Yes or No?
If Yes to both, then this is what you are saying:
So only [the Father] is [the Father] then?
Only the Father is the Father. Thus, the Son is not the Father, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

What then are the Father and Son?
  • By your phrase "the Father" are you referring to the Father? Yes or No?
  • By your phrase "the Son" are you (which would be asine) referring to the Father? Yes or No?
If Yes to both, then this is what you're saying:
What then are [the Father] and [the Father]?
But to say that is as idiotic as it would be to say "What are the Empire State Building and the Empire State Building?"

7djengo7

Nope, that's not what the Bible teaches about the term godhead.
No one said the Bible teaches that about the term "godhead". It's what the Bible teaches about the Godhead. The Godhead is not the term "godhead"; the term "godhead" is not the Godhead. The Godhead is three persons; the term "godhead" is seven letters.

7djengo7

So then you do agree that the Godhead is multiple Persons.
Well, you obviously agreed with it long enough to say "which person of your misinterpreted godhead is a spirit?" Your saying that is you agreeing that the Godhead is multiple Persons. Trying to dismiss it afterwards by saying "nope" does not hide your concession. One does not say "which person...?" when one has less than two persons in mind.