The fossil record shows there never was evolution.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The UB revealed quite a bit about Neanderthals that science is just now proving to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Urantia Scam

The scientific facts stated for example are outdated and based on knowledge known only at the time the book was written. Highly irrelevant if it were communicated from a well advanced race of aliens. The described formation of the solar system is consistent with the Chamberlin-Moulton planetesimal hypothesis discarded in the 1940’s. Some species are said to have evolved suddenly from single mutations without transitional species, but the idea has not been supported since 1930. Controversial statements in the book support the idea of distinctive “spheres” in society based on physical differences such as color. According to Gardner, William S. Sadler and Wilfred Custer Kellogg who wrote some eugenicist works, had a hand in editing or writing the book, and that this is how the ideas were included. Another fact is that the book is said to have been published in 1955, giving more time for the editors to edit old scientific facts to satisfy the needs. Furthermore, in recent years the book had shown that it was edited again from its earlier versions, to include more accurate scientific facts, so they make it look like the whole thing was prophesied in 1911. -Urantia Scam

Lon,

Lots of inaccurate facts in this clip, the funniest is the claim "Controversial statements in the book support the idea of distinctive “spheres” in society based on physical differences such as color." Are there controversial spheres in your town?:rotfl::juggle:

Anyway, there should be some sort of hypocrisy law against biblical literalist using the term "outdated" anywhere, anytime, ever!

But since this isn't the UB thread, I will post my full rebuttal to your faith in the skeptics book about the book you haven't even read.

Elia

Outside of religious dogma is a whole different world. Science has proven the creation story of the Hebrews wrong on so many levels. But the authors and redactors of Genesis weren't scientist, historians or philosophers.

The UB revealed quite a bit about Neanderthals that science is just now proving to be correct.

Bs"d

Science has proven evolution wrong.

Everything, also the "Cambridge explosion", points to creation.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How high were the mountains at the time of Noah's flood? As today? If so, then that is a colossal amount of water

As high as their baloney is deep! God never became disappointed in what he made, and he could just recreate new perfect humans out of dirt (like he supposedly did the first time) instead of going through this whole drama that didn't even work! Man was just as imperfect as he was before the flood.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Science has proven evolution wrong.

Everything, also the "Cambridge explosion", points to creation.

The fossil record shows that there have been many different forms of life that lived in many different ages from the most primitive up to humans that are found in the most recent. The YEC story has everything that ever lived, all living at the same time, yet no human fossils are found with all those older fossils.

The Hebrews hijacked ancient history in Mesopotamia and made it there own. But the so called "Gentile dogs" dug up some unpleasant facts.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I know of one Jew who referred to Gentiles as dogs.
Jesus.

And that my friend is a fine example of the biased misremembering on the part of the Jewish authors of Matthew and Mark. :)

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.”

And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono:

"Distinctive spheres" Oops! Looks like you don't even read your own book well. Can't trust you for the Bible OR your own wacko book, Caino. :doh:

:plain:

You put 2 links together as if it's one term, one is "sphere" which is synonymous with round world or celestial body, and the other a completely different designation of the word "sphere" as in existence like men and women having distinct sphere of existence. But I do see what the critic was trying to say, he was addressing eugenics. The term "distinctive sphere" appears once, it's about the differences between men and women.

Elia

And that my friend is a fine example of the biased misremembering on the part of the Jewish authors of Matthew and Mark. :)

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

“Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.”

Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.”

And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Bs"d

Be that as it may, but still he referred to the Gentiles as dogs.

The woman also had to compare herself to a dog, before her daughter got healed.

Elia

No - it's just the way mountains are understood to form - through plate tectonics. The proof came too late for Velikovsky to take account of it.

Bs"d

Plate tectonics are in no way contradictory to Velikovsky.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
A new renewable

A new renewable

In another forum I found this which looks interesting. I cut a lot out to fit, check the link for the full story

This Gasoline Is Made of Carbon Sucked From the Air
A Harvard-affiliated Canadian company is making a liquid fuel that is carbon neutral, and they hope the economics will be in their favor.

Imagine driving up to your local gas station and being able to choose between regular, premium, or carbon-free gasoline.

Carbon Engineering, a Canadian company, is already making a liquid fuel by sucking carbon dioxide (CO2) out of the atmosphere and combining it with hydrogen from water. This is an engineering breakthrough on two fronts: A potentially cost-effective way to take CO2 out of the atmosphere to fight climate change and a potentially cost-competitive way to make gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel that doesn’t add any additional CO2 to the atmosphere.

“Our paper shows the costs and engineering for a full-scale plant that could capture one million tons of CO2 a year,” Keith said.

“It costs more than a barrel of oil right now, but in places with a price on carbon of $20 a ton we’re competitive,” Oldham said in an interview.

Still, even at $100 per ton, there aren’t enough CO2 buyers right now. So the company decided to make a carbon-neutral liquid fuel, said Steve Oldham, CEO of Carbon Engineering. The captured CO2 is combined with hydrogen, which is made through the electrolysis of water. While the process requires a lot of electricity, the pilot plant in Squamish uses renewable hydro power. The resulting synthetic fuel can be blended or used on its own as gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel. When it’s burned it emits the same amount of CO2 that went into making it, so it’s effectively carbon neutral.

Carbon Engineering is building a larger plant, utilizing low-cost renewable energy, that will produce 200 barrels of synthetic fuel a day. It should be operational in 2020, said Keith. The company is also looking to license their technology.

“We think this is very scalable and will have world-wide markets,” says Oldham. “All you need is air and water as feedstocks, and some electricity.” And a license to their tech.
https://tinyurl.com/y34z62np

I must add: Plants live on CO2 and exhale 02; We live on O2 and exhale CO2

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Thanks.

I'm certainly not saying they have won the argument. The Noachian flood remains problematic - rock layers are not consistent with a single catastrophic deluge. Again, I'm not admitting defeat.

Flood or erosion

look again at the pictures of the Grand Canyon in this paper and notice the crisp parallel lines between each layer. Many claim that there are evidences of erosion in lower layers, evidences of rivers, streams, rain, etc. However, these are generally isolated findings such as one might expect if they were formed rapidly, such as occurs with the rapid runoff of waters after a catastrophic flooding event.

After this formation, a massive amount of water was suddenly released in a huge runoff that covered several states, flowing from east to west. All of the sediment over the Grand Canyon region, above the Kaibab, was removed very rapidly by an extremely wide sheet of rapidly running water. Cedar Ridge was one massive waterfall. One can visualize this by looking from the Lake Powell region toward the Grand Canyon region in the satellite photo to the right.

Notice that there is a distinct V-shaped formation at the tip where the eastern Grand Canyon begins - pointing toward Lake Powell. One can also recognize the deep punched-out appearance of the Canyon itself from the satellite photo as well as many of the other Canyon photos presented here. In other photos one can see the massive cliff-like faces that form a very wide valley where, in the middle, the Grand Canyon has been formed. The Grand Canyon is actually the baby canyon in comparison to the canyon in which is sits.

It seems that the sheet of rushing water dissipated before it could remove all of the elevated features, such as the various flat-topped buttes, in the GC region - which still remain as isolated islands sticking up above the relative flatness of the surrounding landscape. Also, as the water rapidly dissipated and the sheet of water narrowed, the "steps" of the Grand Staircase were formed.
http://detectingdesign.com/geologiccolumn.html