The Gospel Paul preached

Sonnet

In 1 Corinthians 15:3b-5, Paul gives the Gospel:

vv.1-5
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

Paul goes on to say:
v.11 Whether, then, it be I or they (the apostles), this is what we preach and this is what you believed.

In Galatians 1:6-9 Paul says:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

Is your Gospel the same as Paul's?

Last edited:

Predi

Let me add things Paul never preached:

- hell
- conditional immortality
- water baptism for Christians
- celebrating holidays
- rapture
- sinner's prayer
- age of accountability

I could go on :)

DAN P

An angel from heaven really will appear at the end and preach another gospel.

Hi and there are LEAST 6 gospels and the one referenced above is fond in Rev 14:6 and verse 7 says it is the Gospel of Judgment , in Gal 2:7 is the Gospel of THE Uncirccision of Paul and also the Gospel of the Circumcision and in Gal 3:8 the Gospel preached to Abraham !!

dan p

Epoisses

Hi and there are LEAST 6 gospels and the one referenced above is fond in Rev 14:6 and verse 7 says it is the Gospel of Judgment , in Gal 2:7 is the Gospel of THE Uncirccision of Paul and also the Gospel of the Circumcision and in Gal 3:8 the Gospel preached to Abraham !!

dan p

There is only one gospel and you don't know it.

Sonnet

My point is that some, whilst sharing the gospel with unbelievers, will leave out the very essence of the good news - that Christ died forour sins (because of the word 'our'), but leave in the rest (burial, resurrection and sightings).

The gospel Paul preached (chiefly where Christ was not known - Romans 15:20) included all these elements.

Jesus did the same:

Luke 22:19-22
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!”

Sonnet

- hell
- celebrating holidays
- rapture
- sinner's prayer
- age of accountability

I could go on :)

But the essence of the gospel is his death and resurrection, isn't it? John 3:16, Romans 10:9

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles and he preached the Grace Gospel. Faith without works.
Peter and the rest preached the Kingdom Gospel to the Hebrews. That included faith plus works.
Today we go by the Grace Gospel as preached by the Apostle Paul. It is for Jew and Gentile alike.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My point is that some, whilst sharing the gospel with unbelievers, will leave out the very essence of the good news - that Christ died forour sins (because of the word 'our'), but leave in the rest (burial, resurrection and sightings).

The gospel Paul preached (chiefly where Christ was not known - Romans 15:20) included all these elements.

Jesus did the same:

Luke 22:19-22
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!”

Jesus came ONLY for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Sonnet

Jesus came ONLY for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Indeed, Jesus came for them. What is your point? I spoke of Jesus shedding his blood for Judas.

MarshSwihart

Don't these words by Paul describe a rapture?

"Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:17 ESV)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

- hell

He did so.
He did so.
Christians can be Jew or gentile. so half right.
- celebrating holidays
He said do what you want
- rapture
He preached the departure, "rapture" is misdirection.
- sinner's prayer
Not relevant, as God reconciled the world to himself
- age of accountability
Not relevant, all died because of Adam, even those that did not sin.

I could go on :)[/QUOTE]

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't these words by Paul describe a rapture?

"Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up[harpazo together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:17 ESV)

Yep!

'caught up'- Grk- harpazo- To seize upon, snatch away.
Latin- rapierme, rapto, rapio- Eng- rapture

Act 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away[harpazo] Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up[harpazo] into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

2Co 12:4 How that he was caught up[harpazo] into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up[harpazo] unto God, and to his throne.

Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force[harpazo].

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Too many people seems to be seeking one liner or two gospel.

that's how chaotic Christianity continues.

this thread is one of good examples.