pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' followers know better than that. Here is a few verses to explain my position:

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Obviously we are to not only be God's ministers when it comes to The Gospel but also in enforcing the rule of law and that of war (when necessary). To add to that: we are also to 'pay tribute' to those who do so. This means we are to encourage and thank those who are Police Officers or members of the military... that is: unless we are the type of person who resists the ordinance of God. :thumb:

:aimiel:

thanks for your opinion.

I stick to the verses.

good day.

Rosenritter

Jesus' followers know better than that. Here is a few verses to explain my position:

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Obviously we are to not only be God's ministers when it comes to The Gospel but also in enforcing the rule of law and that of war (when necessary). To add to that: we are also to 'pay tribute' to those who do so. This means we are to encourage and thank those who are Police Officers or members of the military... that is: unless we are the type of person who resists the ordinance of God. :thumb:

:aimiel:

https://fowlchicago.wordpress.com/2...tion-torture-assassination-manuals-1963-2009/

And when those "higher powers" are a terror to good works?

Aimiel

And when those "higher powers" are a terror to good works?
You mean like in third-world countries where Muslims are 'purging' countries of Christians by mass-murder; yes, revolution and armed conflict become a necessary evil. In my opinion we're in the middle of World War III and all Muslims should be behind bars or shipped back to an Islamic country.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
How much you want to bet pacifist "Meshak" or someone in her house has a gun.

My husband owns a gun but I don't live with him,and I don't own gun. I live alone.

Why would I need a gun? I have God and Jesus to rely on. I don't have to rely on gun to protect me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You don't say.

My children left for their jobs. It's been about 5 years.

But I am very happy with my circumstance.

We have happy relationship.

I keep in touch with my children by phone and e-mails. And I have two gardens to tend which I enjoy very much.

So I don't need a gun to keep me company.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is there a moral difference between killing someone with a spear, a crossbow, a pistol, an assault rifle, or a sniper rifle? Assuming that the wielders of the weapons use them under direction from the government, be it Roman, British, or otherwise?

The moral difference is not in the tool used, it's in the circumstances and purpose... justification.
So... is there ever any instance where there would be a moral justification for a government to implement an assassination?

Did GOD ever order a government to kill an individual or a group of people?

drbrumley

The moral difference is not in the tool used, it's in the circumstances and purpose... justification.
So... is there ever any instance where there would be a moral justification for a government to implement an assassination?

Did GOD ever order a government to kill an individual or a group of people?

Yes! Followup question, Does God now order a government to kill an individual or a group of people.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes! Followup question, Does God now order a government to kill an individual or a group of people.

Actually, I was anticipating RR to come back with that one and I think he was anticipating it as well.

GOD ordered the death penalty for shedding man's innocent blood thru Noah after the flood, and it's rooted in the fact that man was created in the image of GOD. The problem with its implementation is that it relies on the judgement of 'just' men, if you can find 'em.

I don't see that it has ever been rescinded.

drbrumley

Actually, I was anticipating RR to come back with that one and I think he was anticipating it as well.

GOD ordered the death penalty for shedding man's innocent blood thru Noah after the flood, and it's rooted in the fact that man was created in the image of GOD. The problem with its implementation is that it relies on the judgement of 'just' men, if you can find 'em.

I don't see that it has ever been rescinded.

Genesis 9:6 you are referencing?