pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Cornelius was in the Roman military before he was baptized. He was still blessed with the Holy Spirit. Wouldn't you say that being part of the military before conversion is at least some excuse?

I don't try to explain those kind of account against Jesus' teachings of non-violence.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

That type of perspective "they are all my enemies" becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't beat around the bush.

Gospel is simple. Why try so hard to make it so complicated?

Professed christians who are working against God and Jesus are my enemy. They are worse than non-believers.

Your comments are so biased,subjective and abling those Christians.

It is because you are one of them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... Christ instructed us ... to "love our enemies?"

and when our enemies are oppressing innocents?

this made the CBC this evening:

A 21-year-old man killed a Wisconsin couple in a baffling scheme to kidnap their teenage daughter, then held the girl captive for three months before she narrowly managed to escape and reach safety as he drove around looking for her, authorities said.

Jayme Closs, 13, was skinny, disheveled and wearing shoes too big for her when she approached a stranger and pleaded for help Thursday in the small, isolated north woods town of Gordon, where police said she was being held by Jake Thomas Patterson.

Within minutes, Patterson was pulled over and jailed on kidnapping and homicide charges for what authorities said was his meticulously planned shotgun attack at the girl's home in October.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-jayme-closs-found-wisconsin-20190111-story.html

how would Christ expect a Christian policeman arresting Patterson to show his "love" for him?

was it "loving" to arrest him with either force or the threat of force?

is it "loving" to charge him with murder and kidnapping, to try him and imprison him?

Dartman

Cornelius was in the Roman military before he was baptized. He was still blessed with the Holy Spirit. Wouldn't you say that being part of the military before conversion is at least some excuse?
Violence is forgivable.... so what's your point? There is nothing that states Cornelius CONTINUED in the Roman military.
What we DO have are commandments to love our enemies, pray for them, give them a drink ... etc.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Violence is forgivable.... so what's your point? There is nothing that states Cornelius CONTINUED in the Roman military.
What we DO have are commandments to love our enemies, pray for them, give them a drink ... etc.

thankyou well said.

ok doser

and when our enemies are beating their children, kidnapping young women and raping them, murdering anyone who opposes them, young or old?

what commandments does Christ give us when our enemies are doing this?

Kiki.jpg

or this?
Bodies.jpg

or this?
child-physical-abuse-image-back-lacerations.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you think that Cornelius had the freedom to quit being a Roman Centurion?

Why did Peter not instruct him to quit?

Oh yeah, that dialogue is recorded in Pacificians 1.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Oh yeah, that dialoque is recorded in Pacificians 1.

We are trying to fit all accounts harmonize with Jesus' non violence teachings, such as love your enemy and the rest of my OP verses.

You ought to do the same instead of trying to find the loopholes to justify your disobedient faith.

this is for you too, [MENTION=18255]Rosenritter[/MENTION].

Rosenritter

why do you ask such laim question like those bully posters?

do you have to go so low?

That's hardly low, and it seems to fit various pieces of evidence.

1) When discussing "the nature of Christ" you wouldn't answer me whether there was "Meshak" and "Hitomi" were one. I thought it was a rhetorical question that would make a good illustration, but if you were actually two people (if Meshak was a Trinity Lite) that would explain the hostility.

2) I make no secret that I do not apply Trinity theory, and I've stated this multiple times to you specifically. So either you are being purposely rude, or you are being accidentally rude because you really don't know (the other person was reading those posts and didn't talk with you).

3) Other people on the forums have been saying you are multiple people based on differing writing styles. I haven't heard a denial or an affirmation from you.

What else am I to conclude? Would you like to clarify?

Rosenritter

I don't try to explain those kind of account against Jesus' teachings of non-violence.

So Cornelius had NO Excuse for his presence in the military at that moment? I'm throwing you a softball here, trying to get the conversation back on a civil rational level here. Help me out.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So Cornelius had NO Excuse for his presence in the military at that moment? I'm throwing you a softball here, trying to get the conversation back on a civil rational level here. Help me out.

Asking me if I have a multiple accounts is civil? It is a grave insult, dear.

Rosenritter

and when our enemies are oppressing innocents?

this made the CBC this evening:

how would Christ expect a Christian policeman arresting Patterson to show his "love" for him?

was it "loving" to arrest him with either force or the threat of force?

is it "loving" to charge him with murder and kidnapping, to try him and imprison him?

That is a good question for consideration. If you don't mind answering,

1) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to arrest him?
2) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to arrest him if it caused physical harm to the man?
3) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to execute him on the spot without a trial?
4) Would it have been acceptable for an on-duty policeman to execute him on the spot without a trial?

I'm just trying to get a feel for your reasoning here.

Rosenritter

The point is ) to fairly review the information and to analyze the statement "there is not excuse for a Christian to be in the military."

1) Cornelius was Christian and given the Holy Spirit
2) Cornelius was in the military at that given point in time.

We aren't told one way or the other whether Cornelius stayed a solider his entire life, whether he served his term and retired, or whether he withdrew immediately, but God did seem to recognize extenuating circumstances for that moment at least.

Rosenritter

and when our enemies are beating their children, kidnapping young women and raping them, murdering anyone who opposes them, young or old?

what commandments does Christ give us when our enemies are doing this?

Kiki.jpg

or this?
Bodies.jpg

or this?
child-physical-abuse-image-back-lacerations.jpg

That's the tough part, because where fury and indignation rise up in us, we have commandment to go against where our nature might lead.

Matthew 5:38-45 KJV
(38) Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
(39) But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
(40) And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
(41) And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
(42) Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Your argument is from feeling and emotion, but it's hitting up against specific words that tell us not to respond with violence. So what would Christ have us do? There's another parable... often recognized as "the Good Samaritan."

Luke 10:33-37 KJV
(33) But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
(34) And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
(35) And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
(36) Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
(37) And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

From what we are told in scripture, I would say that Christ would have us to shew mercy upon the oppressed and pray for the oppressor. That may seem hard, but that is literally what is written in black and white and with the words of our Lord in red.

Rosenritter

Oh yeah, that dialoque is recorded in Pacificians 1.

Cornelius might have resigned on his own and it might have been mutually understood. They were more amazed by the speaking in tongues at the time and its implication concerning the grafting of the Gentiles into the vine where Israel had always been.

ok doser

That is a good question for consideration. If you don't mind answering,

1) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to arrest him?

sure

2) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to arrest him if it caused physical harm to the man?

yes

3) Would it have been acceptable for a non-policeman to execute him on the spot without a trial?

if he resisted?

yep

4) Would it have been acceptable for an on-duty policeman to execute him on the spot without a trial?

if he resisted, yes

Rosenritter

Asking me if I have a multiple accounts is civil? It is a grave insult, dear.

No, I am asking you if Meshak is multiple persons. One account, multiple people that read and/or post on the same account. Yes or no?

If no, why do you keep calling me "Trin?"