pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You don't need to teach me thanks, the Holy Spirit teaches me all things.

And there's a difference, there's defend and cause war! Defend yes, cause war no!

Please don't jump ahead. Let's walk before we run.

Does the government have the right and responsibility to protect it's citizens and their rights, and itself?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have said what I believe, defend yes, cause war no. I won't be able to answer anymore until later, I'm not being ignorant I'm a bit busy.

Thank you for answering. :)

Marhig, Does God tell us to love our neighbor? (and by neighbor, I don't just mean the person who lives on the same street as we do)

KingdomRose

I'm saying that that verse supports my argument that God supports a military, regardless of who is in it.

God is saying that if His kingdom was going to be an earthly kingdom, as it would have been had Israel not turned away from Him halfway through Acts, then those who are of His Kingdom would be expected to fight. It's literally saying that He would require that people would fight to defend His kingdom. But since Israel turned away from Him, now His kingdom will no longer be an earthly kingdom, so His need for warriors to defend an earthly kingdom is no more. That DOES NOT mean that He is against a nation having a military. It means that He does not need one for a Heavenly kingdom.

HOW does that show that God supports the military? Jesus separated himself from worldly ways by stressing the point that his government is not of this world (which is in Satan's control) but is of heaven. He doesn't use fleshly weapons. His apostle Paul explained all that, and has been quoted on this thread very recently. What do you say of EPHESIANS 6:12-17 and 2 CORINTHIANS 10:4? They directly contradict your mind-set.

Anyone who is interested in living according to Jesus' standards and according to what he requires to be citizens of his Kingdom would NOW be living according to his standards. NOW not later.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
HOW does that show that God supports the military? Jesus separated himself from worldly ways by stressing the point that his government is not of this world (which is in Satan's control) but is of heaven. He doesn't use fleshly weapons. His apostle Paul explained all that, and has been quoted on this thread very recently. What do you say of EPHESIANS 6:12-17 and 2 CORINTHIANS 10:4? They directly contradict your mind-set.

If you would like to follow along with the discussion between Marhig and I, I will eventually get to that point.

KingdomRose

Do not do evil, that good may come of it.
We are to obey God rather than men.
Let every person be subject to those in authority.

We are to obey the government, unless they tell us to do something that goes against what God tells us.

THAT'S ENTIRELY CORRECT, and God does not want us to kill. Therefore, we do not kill. (Matthew 5:44; John 13:35; I John 3:10-12)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
THAT'S ENTIRELY CORRECT, and God does not want us to kill. Therefore, we do not kill. (Matthew 5:44; John 13:35; I John 3:10-12)
I suggest you go back through this post to where I provide the hebrew words for kill vs murder, and which one is used in Exodus 20:13

KingdomRose

Jesus said that His kingdom was originally planned to be of this world. Then Israel turned away from God, so He changed the plan, and instead the kingdom is now a heavenly one.

Had it been of this world, He would have wanted a military to defend His kingdom.

Sorry, you are 100% wrong on this one. There was never, in any of God's purposes for this earth, any allowance for fighting one another. When Adam was created, peace reigned on Earth and it was supposed to always be that way. God NEVER planned for fighting and bloodshed. Sin and death came into the world because of Adam's rebellion. It was then that God planned for redemption for mankind, and that had to be involved with bloodshed. The bloodline of the Messiah was protected by Jehovah, and often that meant warring with pagan nations. That was not something the God viewed as acceptable, it was just necessary because of the majority of mankind's vicious attitudes. Jehovah DIRECTLY ordered Israel on how to carry out and reach their goal of settling in the land promised to Abraham. He told them exactly what to do and how to do it. Do any armies today consult Jehovah? Does He directly tell them what to do?

No, He doesn't do that any more. His Messiah was walking the earth 2,000 years ago, in the land that was promised to Israel because of Abraham's obedience. Since then God has not been involved in ANY warfare.

The point is....Jesus' Kingdom is NOT of this world and it never was meant to be. Therefore, your idea of "had it been of this world" is meaningless.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes it is. It is loving for the victim of that murderer. If someone takes a life, the justices should take the life of that murderer. That's how precious someone's life is to God. If it's taken, the person who took it is responsible and would have to pay with his own life.

Shhh! I'm waiting for Marhig's response. Could you hold off for a bit so that I can build my point in an orderly manner? Thanks!

KingdomRose

Where did God say to execute a murderer, in the new testament ?

GENESIS 9:6: "Anyone shedding man's blood, by man will his own blood be shed."

EXODUS 21:22: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul...."

Jehovah set up "cities of refuge" for someone to run to if they accidentally killed someone; if you research that you might find the subject interesting.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

EXODUS 21:22: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul...."

Jehovah set up "cities of refuge" for someone to run to if they accidentally killed someone; if you research that you might find the subject interesting.

It is not Jesus' followers' duty to execute anyone.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Check your PM's

KingdomRose

God says to execute the murderer.

Leviticus 24:17-22
Numbers 35:31-33

Jesus supports the death penalty.

Matthew 5:17-19, 15:3-4
Revelation 13:10
1 Timothy 1:8-10
Romans 13:4

Jesus did not repeal the law. He said the law will not be fulfilled completely until Heaven and Earth pass away. (again, Matthew 5:17-19)

Jesus also says to keep even the least of the commandments. That means putting murderers to death, as given in Exodus 21:12.

That is right. But none of this supports any of the armies of the nations. In fact, when Jesus comes the last time, he will be facing ALL OF THE WORLD'S ARMIES, and they will be in opposition to him, as they are even now.

When he comes at Armageddon, there is an angel that cries out to the birds:

"Come, assemble for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of mighty men." (Revelation 19:17,18, NASB)

It doesn't look like the military institutions are going to fare very well in the end. Why get involved with them now?