pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus followers should not endorse any kind of violent practice such as joining the military.

Here is my verses to back up my claim:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pacifism?

We do not live in first century Judea. Today we live in a world filled with adversaries. I don't believe you would like living under Sharia law where you would be executed for your beliefs. Who is going to keep that from happening? The pacifists?

You attack the military but what about law enforcement? Law enforcement officers are issued weapons and trained how to use them if circumstances warrant. Is it okay for an officer to defend himself or others when deadly force is required?

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world, it is for the world to come and his teachings were geared to that end. Aggression toward the Romans in first century Judea would have been futile as history has proven. Jesus taught non-aggression toward the Romans because of the futility of it.

You don't live in first century Judea, you live in a world today that is dangerous beyond comprehension.

The U.S. will be attacked, no doubt about it, but when that happens Christ will intervene on our behalf and many will be killed.

john w

Hall of Fame
Exodus 15:3 KJV The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

No, the lowly Galilean fisherman, being the alleged "pacifist," "sweet baby lying in a manger," harmless, would not....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;.....

....would, He?

Good day to you, sir.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pacifism?

We do not live in first century Judea. Today we live in a world filled with adversaries. I don't believe you would like living under Sharia law where you would be executed for your beliefs. Who is going to keep that from happening? The pacifists?

You attack the military but what about law enforcement? Law enforcement officers are issued weapons and trained how to use them if circumstances warrant. Is it okay for an officer to defend himself or others when deadly force is required?

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world, it is for the world to come and his teachings were geared to that end. Aggression toward the Romans in first century Judea would have been futile as history has proven. Jesus taught non-aggression toward the Romans because of the futility of it.

You don't live in first century Judea, you live in a world today that is dangerous beyond comprehension.

The U.S. will be attacked, no doubt about it, but when that happens Christ will intervene on our behalf and many will be killed.

So you ignore Jesus' word to justify your violent faith.

You are protesting against Him, not me.

I am only a messenger.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you ignore Jesus' word to justify your violent faith.

You are protesting against Him, not me.

I am only a messenger.

Revelation 19 KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Good day to you, sir. You are on ignore/un-ignore.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus followers should not endorse any kind of violent practice such as joying the military.

Here is my verses to back up my claim:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

You haven't read the Old Testament. There's plenty of wars going on and God is on the side of the Israelites.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Was it God's will that the wicked Saddam Hussein be taken out? Perhaps? After all, God is still in control. Even Satan has to come to God to get permission to attack a "True Believer" as is the case of Job.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Meshak, God made a covenant with Christ and Abraham by which salvation is offered to all families of the earth. We live under that covenant according to Paul. When Abraham's nephew was kidnapped what did Abraham do? Did he pray for his enemies or did he go get Lot?

Melchizedek said, "And blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand.”
And he (Abraham) gave him a tithe of all.